PDA

View Full Version : Radiator Grill Guards install - any easier if shark fins removed first??

SLICE
12-28-2022, 05:53 PM
I'm just wondering if it would be easier to remove the shark fins (tupperware) to make the install easier, it only takes 5 minutes a side to remove them versus who knows how long trying to work around them??

EdMat
12-28-2022, 10:26 PM
They don't pose the problem that you think they would. Besides, you need them in place to help line everything up.

Peteoz
12-29-2022, 12:59 AM
EdMat got it in one, Slice. You need them in place for alignment. It’s a bit tricky, but not too hard. I must admit that I did cuss a little :thumbup:

Pete

SLICE
12-29-2022, 05:16 AM
thanks guys.

USAF
12-29-2022, 06:37 AM
I'm just wondering if it would be easier to remove the shark fins (tupperware) to make the install easier, it only takes 5 minutes a side to remove them versus who knows how long trying to work around them??

What ones did you get ?

SLICE
12-29-2022, 06:54 AM
What ones did you get ?

spyder pops, because free shipping and no added graphics or paint to add cost

USAF
12-29-2022, 07:46 AM
spyder pops, because free shipping and no added graphics or paint to add cost

Thats the ones im going with also, Going to order them soon.

Knizar
12-29-2022, 08:28 AM
Thats the ones im going with also, Going to order them soon.

The radiator grill protectors were my 1st mod and most necessary improvement to the 2020+ RT's in my opinion. These bug eating Spyders consume a very large amount of insects and wind blown vegetation.

Excoastie
12-29-2022, 08:30 AM
Consider purchasing a 90-degree attachment for your drill (https://www.lowes.com/pd/DEWALT-Flextorq-Right-Angle-Drill-Attachment/5001612883). It makes driving the screws in that hold the screens a hell of a lot easier. The one I have linked is just an example, they're available for a bit cheaper.

--Exco

Jesster72
12-29-2022, 12:02 PM
I did the Can Am Accessories grills, just because of the color availability. But I did look at the installation instructions for SpyderPops. Looks almost identical. I will say, when you go to fit the grill don't forget the Windex lube on the rubber. That makes it so much easier.

That, and no matter how many accessories I have mounted on any of my bikes, I have to get over drilling into the bike every time. EVERY TIME.

Peteoz
12-29-2022, 03:24 PM
Consider purchasing a 90-degree attachment for your drill (https://www.lowes.com/pd/DEWALT-Flextorq-Right-Angle-Drill-Attachment/5001612883). It makes driving the screws in that hold the screens a hell of a lot easier. The one I have linked is just an example, they're available for a bit cheaper.
--Exco

Yes, very wise advice, Exco :thumbup:

Pete

FrogmanDave
12-29-2022, 06:38 PM
Be sure to spray some Windex on them. They will slide over the fins much easier. I did not do that on one side and cut my hand pretty bad. Just use some kind of lube on the rubber surround.