PDA

View Full Version : New version of BUDS2 out on December 2, 2022

Jetfixer
12-13-2022, 05:56 PM
So yet another version of BUDS2 came out on December 2, 2022. It is BRP BUDS2 21.1.0 (7B35 UPDATE). Interestingly, I hooked this up to a friends' 2021 RTL and it wanted to do a firmware update to the cluster. This appears to be the update that recalibrates the Day-Night-Auto function of the backlight. However, the file states that it is for the 22/23 model year. I applied the updated firmware and all is fine and BUDS2 is now happy with his bike. I wish there was a changelog available with all these updates...

Jetfixer
12-18-2022, 07:04 AM
Finally got a chance to try this one out. Doesn't seem to have any new firmware other than the one for lower compression starting and the one for the console on 21 and newer models.

shardt
12-18-2022, 07:37 PM
The console update for the day and night sensor and compression issue has been out for the 21 since summer.

Jetfixer
12-20-2022, 04:10 PM
Your right, but in this new version it says it's for the 22-23 model years. Makes me wonder if it was changed?

SLICE
12-21-2022, 11:59 AM
can the speed limiter be shut off.

Knizar
12-21-2022, 04:05 PM

:lecturef_smilie: No more tickets ah? Your gonna OUT-RUN em! That'll teach em.:2thumbs:
Good Luck on that!:thumbup: Bill

Jetfixer
12-21-2022, 05:24 PM
Haven't seen any sign of a speed limiter in any version of BUDS. And now there is yet another new version dated 19DEC22

Peter Aawen
12-21-2022, 06:36 PM

I've said it before, Slice, but I guess I can say it again - there is NO Speed Limiter as such to shut off! :rolleyes:

However, the same result has been achieved thru other means, including but not exclusively imposing a limit on WOT duration; so to remove ALL the features/functions that combine to result in limiting your Spyder's top speed, you don't need a BRP issued BUDS software update, you need a talented ECU modification guru & the $$ plus a willingness to let said guru unleash some of the purposefully restricted/detuned capabilities of the engine & trans! :lecturef_smilie:

It can be done, but it's not a simple thing, and even if the drivetrain is capable of pushing your Spyder faster, once you pass thru about 90 mph, you've STILL gotta contend with the exponentially increasing dirty great wall of air these things hafta push thru to keep moving, let alone go any faster! But that too can be done..... :ohyea: