PDA

View Full Version : Got my Spyder Sprocket Recall Notice In The Mail

gkamer
11-26-2022, 12:53 PM
I received the recall notice from BRP in the mail yesterday. I called my dealership this morning to ask where I go from here. The Tech told me to call back in early Fed or March. He said that would give them time to order in the part and get it installed and avoid chewing up any more of the riding season as possible.

So I set it up for Alexa to remind me on Feb 10th 2023. There are not too many riding opportunities available in the Pacific Northwest between now and then. :)

Deanna777
11-26-2022, 08:17 PM
I received the recall notice from BRP in the mail yesterday. I called my dealership this morning to ask where I go from here. The Tech told me to call back in early Fed or March. He said that would give them time to order in the part and get it installed and avoid chewing up any more of the riding season as possible.

So I set it up for Alexa to remind me on Feb 10th 2023. There are not too many riding opportunities available in the Pacific Northwest between now and then. :)

What year is your spyder?

What spyder model do you have?

I noticed you posted this is in the General discussion section.

Deanna

DGoebel
11-26-2022, 08:47 PM
I got my 2nd letter for my 2018 RTL Anniversary Edition, but was checked with original sprocket and shows no signs of wear or defect yet.

DGoebel
11-26-2022, 08:49 PM

I noticed you posted this is in the General discussion section.

Deanna

Deanna, GK's signature says he's got a "2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited"

RapidSpyder
11-26-2022, 11:54 PM
I had the temporary fix done so not in too much of a hurry. Going to call on Monday to see how far out they are

pieman9155
11-27-2022, 06:47 AM
my got her second one in mail . they said call in spring because working on sleds

Gwolf
11-27-2022, 08:46 AM
I got another letter too. Don't know why, they got no parts to fix it. I guess it is to make the Highway Safety Administration happy. I ignored the first letter. Might call them and ask when they expect the parts.

gkamer
11-27-2022, 11:52 AM

Deanna

It's listed in my Signature. 2018 RT Limited

Peteoz
11-27-2022, 03:19 PM

Deanna’s question certainly confused me, Greg, considering the size of your signature. :thumbup:…. Nice looking ride, by the way.:thumbup:

Pete

Deanna777
11-28-2022, 10:29 PM
Deanna, GK's signature says he's got a "2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited"

DGoebel,

Thanks for the info.
Deanna

Deanna777
11-28-2022, 10:32 PM

gkamer,

OK.

Thanks

I didn't look at your Signature. Sorry!

Deanna

Deanna777
11-28-2022, 10:35 PM
Deanna’s question certainly confused me, Greg, considering the size of your signature. :thumbup:…. Nice looking ride, by the way.:thumbup:

Pete

Pete,

It was not in the original post, that is why I asked.

I also did not look at the signature.

Deanna

Latrappe
11-29-2022, 04:35 AM

I had the same recall notice here in Australia. Because I was about to get my F3 serviced, they checked it and said it was fine. Happy days :2thumbs: or so I thought! The only thing I am grateful for is that I was not on a busy road when it let go! So now I have my F3 in the shed waiting for a new dealer to get the part in, so I'll be back on the road soon.

It let go at 22,750 Km

Mikey
11-29-2022, 07:19 AM
I had the same recall notice here in Australia. Because I was about to get my F3 serviced, they checked it and said it was fine. Happy days :2thumbs: or so I thought! The only thing I am grateful for is that I was not on a busy road when it let go! So now I have my F3 in the shed waiting for a new dealer to get the part in, so I'll be back on the road soon.

It let go at 22,750 Km

This picture of your sprocket looks like everything but fine, unless you have a lot of red clay in Queensland, I would take it off and have a look!!! Good Luck!!

ulflyer
11-29-2022, 02:42 PM
Mikey, I read his post as saying it had "let go" and he had it in shed waiting for a new one.

Mikey
11-29-2022, 03:36 PM
:dontknow:F3 serviced they checked it and said it was fine Happy days I don't what you think this means, but I took it as if it was fine, and that's not what I think the pictures telling me! That's where I came up with what I said:dontknow:

K80Shooter
11-29-2022, 05:11 PM

It let go at 22,750 Km

:dontknow:F3 serviced they checked it and said it was fine Happy days I don't what you think this means, but I took it as if it was fine, and that's not what I think the pictures telling me! That's where I came up with what I said:dontknow:

Read the part that I put in bold.

Glennr10805
11-29-2022, 07:16 PM
my dealer took my service appointment for April so has enough time to get parts hes in snowmobile mode now till January

gkamer
11-29-2022, 07:21 PM

It let go at 22,750 Km

Sorry to hear that. I know it's riding season down under, unlike up in my neck of the woods. Fingers crossed you get it sorted soon.

Latrappe
11-29-2022, 11:42 PM
Sorry to hear that. I know it's riding season down under, unlike up in my neck of the woods. Fingers crossed you get it sorted soon.

I ride alll year round down here in OZ the worst you will get cold in winter or cooked in summer and yes the Spyder is in the shed with a cover over it as the sprocket gave out