PDA

View Full Version : Big deal coming?

CopperSpyder
11-13-2022, 07:53 PM
Can-Am On-Road
Black Friday is coming!
Our best promotion of the year is coming. Join our newsletter to be the first to know the details of our Black Friday deal.

Saw this on FB; anyone know what the deal is?

Lew L
11-13-2022, 08:35 PM
New and improved front sprockets at all dealers:yikes::joke: :joke:

Cobwebs
11-13-2022, 10:24 PM
All those with wobbly sprockets are now classed as Off-road.

Pirate
11-13-2022, 11:06 PM
Put a down payment for a 23 and get a 24 when they come out. :popcorn:

trikermutha
11-14-2022, 06:34 AM
New color sprocket. I be amazed to see the Big Deal is really something good.

PMK
11-14-2022, 06:36 AM
Put a down payment for a 23 and get a 24 when they come out. :popcorn:

Actually, while not funny, it is funny.

Guessing Can Am is going consumer direct with sales. You place your order online, it ships to your local dealer, they assemble it for you and are paid by Can Am for that. You get the message to come get it. Any warranty or service work is handled by the local dealer.

Then again, could be pre release sales of the Spyder EV.

bikerbillone
11-14-2022, 07:10 AM
Seems every time BRP promotes something new, it takes forever to get in the saddle.

JayBros
11-14-2022, 09:00 AM
BS at the speed of light is still BS!

ARtraveler
11-14-2022, 09:46 AM
I shall be awaiting the e-mail with "baited" breath.

Sorry: But it is getting more difficult to NOT be cynical about some subjects.

In the beginning, I was one of their biggest supporters. Then I became a "consumer advocate" of sorts. I called it like it was. Now, I take the occasional "potshot," like many of the old timers now do.

Navydad
11-14-2022, 10:27 AM
BS at the speed of light is still BS!

Hmm, keep my 2015 that has been trouble free and has the same engine and driveline as the newer models and ignore the BS.

JayBros
11-14-2022, 10:53 AM
hmm, keep my 2015 that has been trouble free and has the same engine and driveline as the newer models and ignore the bs.

exactly!!!

BajaRon
11-14-2022, 11:29 AM
New and improved front sprockets at all dealers:yikes::joke: :joke:

... Free to all!

Guessing Can Am is going consumer direct with sales. You place your order online, it ships to your local dealer, they assemble it for you and are paid by Can Am for that. You get the message to come get it. Any warranty or service work is handled by the local dealer.

Close. Actually, you buy the Spyder of your choice and BRP sends you the parts as they come available, right to your door!. You assemble as they arrive and you have the time. BRP took the idea from a guy who did the same thing with a Cadillac some years back. Here's his song!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1i7YqD5MGg

JayBros
11-14-2022, 02:57 PM
Well done, Ron! Great way to start the week!

CopperSpyder
11-14-2022, 04:09 PM
:dontknow: :clap: :roflblack: I was wondering what the reaction was going to be to the ad, I thought there might be one or two positives type post like hope hoping for a big rebate on leftover models or 50% off accessories. Oh well!! bar humbug it is so far. lol.

EdMat
11-14-2022, 06:01 PM
My bet goes to 20% off accessories that not many people want.

Pirate
11-14-2022, 07:10 PM
Actually, while not funny, it is funny.

BRP seems to market the Ryker over the Spyder so my guess is they will put out their EV motorcycles/scooters, then the EV Rykers followed eventually by the Spyders.

ARtraveler
11-14-2022, 07:28 PM
:dontknow: :clap: :roflblack: I was wondering what the reaction was going to be to the ad, I thought there might be one or two positives type post like hope hoping for a big rebate on leftover models or 50% off accessories. Oh well!! bar humbug it is so far. lol.

I have a package of crow lunchmeat in the fridge. I can always have a crow sandwitch if I am wrong. I do tell it like it is and will be happy to apologize if they have something good to say or do. :bowdown:

Saluda
11-14-2022, 09:35 PM
Maybe they're going under and you all can truly celebrate.

BajaRon
11-15-2022, 12:29 AM
My bet goes to 20% off accessories that not many people want.

First, they raise the price 40%. Then give you 20% off sale...:rolleyes:

FrogmanDave
11-15-2022, 11:45 AM
Post deleted.

ARtraveler
11-15-2022, 11:46 AM
The e-mail I got from BRP this AM appears to be more of the same.

One good thing...it looks like they are going to offer an additional year warranty on pre-orders.

Order now to get your 23 Spyder.

From the questions section.

Does this guarantee you will get one? NO, you are in the queue.

Don't know what to say further...so...I won't. :bowdown:

FrogmanDave
11-15-2022, 12:20 PM
One good thing...it looks like they are going to offer an additional year warranty on pre-orders.

This is what they did with the '22 pre-orders. I got 3 years warranty on mine with my pre-order last year.

PMK
11-15-2022, 04:50 PM
This is what they did with the '22 pre-orders. I got 3 years warranty on mine with my pre-order last year.

How generous...FWIW, when we purchased our 2014 RTS, the promotion was 2 years warranty plus 2 additional years warranty at no charge. No preorders, just walk in and buy it. Guess times have changed.

Realistically though, being a part time use toy, BRP should be giving a 4 year warranty on all new Spyder sales. They are pretty much sorted out for most stuff.

ARtraveler
11-15-2022, 08:36 PM
How generous...FWIW, when we purchased our 2014 RTS, the promotion was 2 years warranty plus 2 additional years warranty at no charge. No preorders, just walk in and buy it. Guess times have changed.

Realistically though, being a part time use toy, BRP should be giving a 4 year warranty on all new Spyder sales. They are pretty much sorted out for most stuff.

That was the same deal I got on my 2014 RTS. Only time I have had a BEST Warranty. Never had to use it. Drove the 2014 until 2020 and traded it in.

PMK
11-16-2022, 04:51 AM
The latest release likely will explain that all new Spyders will be delivered with a spare replacement front sprocket and retaining bolt...

Wmoater
11-16-2022, 08:08 AM
My dealer has 20 percent off XPS snowmobile oil but it is a pre order for Black Friday. Need to order and pay by November 12th and pick up Black Friday. Snowmobile oil is not cheap, so you take any deal you can. Not sure if that is through BRP or the dealer, but its usually on sale only on Black Friday based on previous 5-7 years. So my guess accessories only. Might not even apply to spyders but BRP products in general. Ratchet straps, shirts, helmets, gear etc. in stock and on site.

missouriboy
11-16-2022, 05:22 PM
... Free to all!

Close. Actually, you buy the Spyder of your choice and BRP sends you the parts as they come available, right to your door!. You assemble as they arrive and you have the time. BRP took the idea from a guy who did the same thing with a Cadillac some years back. Here's his song!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1i7YqD5MGgAnybody ever notice the continuity errors made by songwriters?

... first I got me an ENGINE and a trunk ... then I got me a TRANSMISSION and all the chrome ...

(later...)

... the TRANS-A-MISSION was a '53 ... and the MOTOR turned out to be a '73 ...

HUH? :dontknow:

Deanna777
11-16-2022, 08:35 PM
Hmm, keep my 2015 that has been trouble free and has the same engine and driveline as the newer models and ignore the BS.

I am also keeping my 2014, it has been trouble free except having the DESS Issue twice (both times it has been covered under warranty).

Deanna

BLUEKNIGHT911
11-16-2022, 09:58 PM
I am also keeping my 2014, it has been trouble free except having the DESS Issue twice (both times it has been covered under warranty).

Deanna

:2thumbs: .... another good reason to keep it .... Your front Sprocket isn't defective, and should last the life of the bike ..... JMHO ..... Mike :thumbup:

2dogs
11-17-2022, 03:22 PM

Deanna

If, and I mean "IF," I were to ever buy another spyder I'd find a low mileage 14 RTS rather than chance a brand new model with the possibility of multiple unknown issues. Confidence and reliability supersede all else. The spyder tech at the dealership replaced my DESS w/o me knowing it because he knew the unit was faulty. He did it when he reprogrammed my keys.

Deanna777
11-17-2022, 04:28 PM
:2thumbs: .... another good reason to keep it .... Your front Sprocket isn't defective, and should last the life of the bike ..... JMHO ..... Mike :thumbup:

My sprocket isn't defective.

Deanna

Deanna777
11-17-2022, 04:29 PM
If, and I mean "IF," I were to ever buy another spyder I'd find a low mileage 14 RTS rather than chance a brand new model with the possibility of multiple unknown issues. Confidence and reliability supersede all else. The spyder tech at the dealership replaced my DESS w/o me knowing it because he knew the unit was faulty. He did it when he reprogrammed my keys.

2dogs,

I agree with you.

Deanna