PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone else notice? Re: Front sprocket

oldguyinTX
10-31-2022, 01:00 PM
:bdh::bdh: I was looking through recall notices that I printed out, and found - no surprise here - that BRP has very quietly changed the date as to when new sprockets would be available from August 31 to September 30, and now to October 31. So nice of them to keep us all informed about this. Oh, wait. Why would they do that? That would mean that they would want to keep owners informed. But of course they do not.

blacklightning
10-31-2022, 02:03 PM
I was never given a date for the permanent fix. I was told to just check back with the dealership about once per month. I have a good dealership, and my sprocket is checking out (so far), so i am not worried yet.

Little Blue
10-31-2022, 04:31 PM
:chat:...Well, my Spyder Dealer will not even do the check.
Why, because if your Spyder fails they will have to keep your Spyder. They don't have any extra storage space.

Only BRP has a plan but no real answers. I have been waiting since August 1, 2022.

Still waiting......:dontknow:

jcthorne
10-31-2022, 05:12 PM
:chat:...Well, my Spyder Dealer will not even do the check.
Why, because if your Spyder fails they will have to keep your Spyder. They don't have any extra storage space.

Only BRP has a plan but no real answers. I have been waiting since August 1, 2022.

Still waiting......:dontknow:

Nope, Nope and Nope. Your dealer is not being truthful with you.

1, they DO NOT have the keep possession of your bike, they have to tell you its not safe to ride. You can store your own bike.
2. If your sprocket fails inspection, they can request a replacement sprocket (of the current part) and replace it. This will keep your bike functional until final repairs are known.
3. You need to find a better dealer that actually wants to work on your bike and be of service to you. Or just pay an independent shop to do the repair in the mean time.

But its your dealer that is making a bad situation worse.

Wmoater
10-31-2022, 05:57 PM
Jchorne is correct. I was told by my dealer when they checked that if it failed to take it back home. Back orders are over 6-8 Weeks out. In my case it passed but I did have a 2.5-3 degree slip. 4 degrees is the cutoff. They recommend it not be used but unless it was totally rotted out that it would hold for at least 3000 miles after cleaned if not longer. I’ve put 3000 since late July and it hasn’t moved yet past the paint dot and is still squeaky clean. I know for a fact mine was done correctly. It’s pretty easy to see. The dealer should remove the sprocket and clean. Mine actually put in anadizer machine and over cleaned it. You could eat off it. Then scrub the end of the splines. Install a new sprocket to test the splines. Remove and attach old sprocket. Place paint mark on both and rotate. A second line is produced. My dealer put a yellow dot. If the sprocket yellow dot reaches the blue dot on shaft then replace. My sprocket was so clean it actually made my belt really squeak and squeal till I removed the belt and cleaned and conditioned it. It’s not really hard to check yourself truthfully. I use a mirror once a week to check the dots. Nothing has moved since new bolt was applied. He’s actually been doing the sprocket removal and cleaning at the 28k service for about 3 years for $85 charge. He never did a rotation or dot test till the recall came out.