PDA

View Full Version : HOGBACK Rendezvous

jrl.spyder
10-25-2009, 05:11 PM
Great gathering at Hogback today: here's a few PIX

Smylinacha
10-25-2009, 05:22 PM
I had fun today but Hogback looked funner :thumbup:

:2thumbs: Wish we could have gone, but had previous plans.....

Roaddog2
10-25-2009, 05:35 PM
I had fun today but Hogback looked funner :thumbup:Ya we had to go on a Pooke ride :ohyea::joke:

Smylinacha
10-25-2009, 05:49 PM
Yeah, I don't think those guys ride far EVER. I mean when we left Starbucks and gearing up and all that, only to go across the street - now that was funny. But once we got going it was pleasant but still we would would have never planned a day like that. Chili at Ray's was good though!

Ya we had to go on a Pooke ride :ohyea::joke:

WizardMaster
10-25-2009, 06:24 PM
Great shots. It was great meeting you guys today. Nice 160 mile ride to get a couple of hot dogs and a hot chocolate!!!:2thumbs: We plan on doing more more riding up that way in the Spring. We've been talking about one up to the Ben & Jerry's Factory for a taste testing tour! What do ya think?

jrl.spyder
10-25-2009, 06:43 PM
Ben and Jerry's sounds like a great destination

Cherry Garcia please!

SpyderWolf
10-25-2009, 07:42 PM
Nice pics. Looks like it was a good day for the ride.

jgwoods
10-25-2009, 09:27 PM
Thanks for posting the pix- it looks like you had a nice turn out, nice time. Certainly the weather held out and the trees are in glorious fall colors.

vtrider
10-26-2009, 03:39 AM
Looks like you all had a great ride! I sure wish I could of gone, but couldn't make it due to other plans. I live in the northern part of Vermont and ride in that region frequently. Hopefully I can make it if a spring ride is planned.

BillGargan
10-26-2009, 09:59 AM
It was a bit short on time.

But, for me, aside from meeting other Spyder owners as such -- it was the first time I had a chance to see some of the mods folks make and talk to them about the mods. Every Spyder I have seen up-close-and-personal up to now has been in a showroom -- thus stock.

The burnt orange Sypder in the pictures is just gorgeous and has lots of chromed parts. AWESOME.

It was also my first time seeing a T-REX in person. Seems to have a matching color scheme with the burnt orange Spyder. Amazingly cool machine! Far more awesome in person than in pictures on the web.

jrl-spyder has the Corbin seat and bags. They also are far nicer in person than in pictures. They really extend the Spyder personality.

Great folks to meet . . . And I am all-in for a visit to Ben and Jerry's next spring.

We have a local B&J in North Conway (NH) and I always struggle between the Cherry Garcia Frozen Yogurt -- and everything else!

vtrider
10-26-2009, 05:13 PM
Great shots. It was great meeting you guys today. Nice 160 mile ride to get a couple of hot dogs and a hot chocolate!!!:2thumbs: We plan on doing more more riding up that way in the Spring. We've been talking about one up to the Ben & Jerry's Factory for a taste testing tour! What do ya think?

This is a little off topic, but I thought I would post it seeing how Ben & Jerry's seems to be a favorite with many people. Ben & jerry's has a couple of factories. The factory in Waterbury has been around for some time and is popular with tourists. They also have a modern factory in the city of St.Albans Vermont about 14 miles away from where I live. They also have a corporate site, located in South Burlington Vermont. The building where these offices are located used to be the Digital Equipment Corporation plant where I worked for 13 years before the plant closed back in 1993. This is a web page that I came across about Ben & Jerry's if anyone wants a little knowledge on how all that ice cream is moved around.

http://www.raymondcorp.com/content/viewArticle.cfm?articleID=308

WizardMaster
10-26-2009, 05:25 PM
This is a little off topic, but I thought I would post it seeing how Ben & Jerry's seems to be a favorite with many people. Ben & jerry's has a couple of factories. The factory in Waterbury has been around for some time and is popular with tourists. They also have a modern factory in the city of St.Albans Vermont about 14 miles away from where I live. They also have a corporate site, located in South Burlington Vermont. The building where these offices are located used to be the Digital Equipment Corporation plant where I worked for 13 years before the plant closed back in 1993. This is a web page that I came across about Ben & Jerry's if anyone wants a little knowledge on how all that ice cream is moved around.

http://www.raymondcorp.com/content/viewArticle.cfm?articleID=308

THe factory tour in Waterbury is the one that I am talking about riding to.

vtrider
10-26-2009, 05:33 PM
THe factory tour in Waterbury is the one that I am talking about riding to.

I would be interested in that ride. Keep me posted! I'm still riding my spyder everyday and won't stop until the snow comes!

SpyderByter
10-26-2009, 05:44 PM
I am always up for Ice Cream :clap:

Roaddog2
10-26-2009, 06:36 PM
I am always up for Ice Cream :clap:We can tell :joke:

Roaddog2
10-26-2009, 06:47 PM
Great shots. It was great meeting you guys today. Nice 160 mile ride to get a couple of hot dogs and a hot chocolate!!!:2thumbs: We plan on doing more more riding up that way in the Spring. We've been talking about one up to the Ben & Jerry's Factory for a taste testing tour! What do ya think?:thumbup: Usaly hit that once or twice a year sounds good :thumbup::ani29:

mike3069
10-26-2009, 07:01 PM
I went out today with the :spyder2: here in KY, but FORGOT MY CAMERA!

The colors were about as good as they get here.

When ya' going? My :spyder2: won't be back in that region for few more months, but if y'all do it in the spring count me in.

I grew up 8 miles from the site of the Waterbury factory (where the tours are) and am ashamed to say I've never done the tour! I even did sign work for them for several years, but never got to the tour.

WizardMaster
10-26-2009, 07:44 PM
Will definately be a spring time ride! Starting to get too cold around here and will be putting the toys away here this weekend. I will keep everyone up to date as it gets closer. I will probally do a test run over the next few months here to find some meeting/rally spots so that we can all ride in together.