PDA

View Full Version : Okay I"m at a loss for the RAM mount stuff

Amanda B
10-25-2009, 07:53 AM
I figured out I have a Garmin Nuvi 260w, I've found the cradle, but there are so many risers that I can't figure out which one I need and I can't find the ball mount on there at all. I did find the sun shield thing already. Any help?:dontknow:

dave01
10-25-2009, 07:58 AM
Amanda, here is a great write-up on mounting the gps units to bikes. Hope it is helpful

http://www.leadermotorcycle.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=L&Category_Code=eGuide

8LEGS
10-25-2009, 08:25 AM
Are you just looking for a ram to mount the cradle to the bars?

Trickie Dick
10-25-2009, 09:29 AM
I figured out I have a Garmin Nuvi 260w, I've found the cradle, but there are so many risers that I can't figure out which one I need and I can't find the ball mount on there at all. I did find the sun shield thing already. Any help?:dontknow:
Are you going to do the risers? If not, then space is limited on the bars to put a bracket and riser. It can be done but you may have to cut the plastic ring off the right bar. Anyway, if no riser, look at this RAM-B-149ZU. Its a bracket with a U-bolt that fits on your handlebar. I found it at ram-mount.com.
If you want to mount it on the risers like I did. Then the parts I emailed you about will work fine. You can even get them from ESI when you order your risers.
Dick

Amanda B
10-25-2009, 09:33 AM
Yes, I'll be getting the risers! Thanks for all the good information!! I'm trying to get everything set up nice for next spring...I'll go broke doing it, but also have a blast. I am also looking forward to the next meet, but I don't like the cold!

retread
10-25-2009, 12:14 PM
, but I don't like the cold!
Look into electric clothing liners, work good.

john

Zerocool
10-25-2009, 03:19 PM
Be careful with the 260W, it's NOT waterproof - AT ALL. One drop of water in the unit will ruin it for good.

That said, I mounted my GPS with the Clutch Cover RAM mount; sits on the clutch cover on the left hand side of the bars.

I bought all the RAM bits from Whitehorse Gear:
http://www.whitehorsepress.com/

Here's the parts I ordered for my Garmin Quest GPS:
HGA15 RAM Garmin Quest Holder
B346 RAM Reservoir Cover Side Ball
B201UA RAM Short Arm
B238U RAM Diamond Base

Amanda B
10-25-2009, 08:12 PM
I wonder if I might find a cover or something for it...I'm going to check around and see what I find...I had to do this sort of stuff a lot when I had my jet ski, so I'm going to see if I can use some creativity and make it waterproof. Thanks for the heads up!