PDA

View Full Version : Is there an Official Dealer fix for the Pulley recall yet?

bikerchris1270
10-14-2022, 10:33 AM
It’s been a couple of months, What is the official fix for resolve of the front pulley fiasco?

Ex-Rocket
10-14-2022, 10:48 AM
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Wmoater
10-14-2022, 11:47 AM
Ex rockets got it right. Sit back and wait! Nothing till next late spring early summer.

Peter Aawen
10-14-2022, 02:05 PM
:agree: . Still no 'Final Fix' in sight!! :shocked: And I'd suggest you don't hold your breath on seeing it soon either, despite the estimated date for the final fix published in the original recall doc! :rolleyes:

oldguyinTX
10-14-2022, 02:50 PM
I don't know how to post a link to an earlier post regarding a response I got from BRP, but take a look at post #292 on the thread "Red Dust Of Death Recall". (Edit: See Quote Below! ;) ) Although they don't really give an answer....

Wonder of wonders, I actually got two responses from BRP cares regarding the recall. Here are excerpts from both.

(1) Thank you for taking the time to contact BRP with your inquiry regarding the safety recall Front Sprocket.

Please be aware that BRP/Can-Am is offering an interim repair procedure, and it is available at our authorized dealerships since June 30th, 2022. However, BRP supposed to publish when the replacement front sprocket and the repair procedure before August 30th, but BRP was the victim of a cyberattack on August 8th.

Therefore, BRP closed all the systems for protection. Our team continue to make progress in the recovery of our systems and processes, so BRP will announce when they will be available soon.

(2) We currently have all the Front Sprocket on back order due to the material shortage. Also, due to the cyberattack we were victim of, all of our orders are set back. We don't have a delivery date as of yet, once we do have one, our BRP dealerships will be the first to know. Therefore, I encourage you to stay in touch with your dealer.

Looking forward to help out, let me know if you have any other questions, or comments, please feel free to contact us by replying to this email, or you can call us at 1.888.272.9222

Thank you for contacting BRP, Allen, have a nice weekend,

Guess we will have to wait (and wait and wait) and see what actually happens.

Little Blue
10-14-2022, 03:11 PM
It’s been a couple of months, What is the official fix for resolve of the front pulley fiasco?

Nothing this year.
Better chance in 2023.
Time will tell, maybe. .......:spyder:

PMK
10-15-2022, 07:36 AM
Someone recently posted that the fix will be to add a washer / shim behind the pulley and tighten.

troop
10-15-2022, 08:29 AM
I have a later year 2019 F3S that is not on the recall list. When I removed my pulley for inspection, all was well. Still cleaned and applied Honda M70 paste. There wasn't any type of shim/washer on the backside of the pulley. Wonder what the criteria is? Hmmmm...