PDA

View Full Version : se5 steering help needed

red
10-24-2009, 06:06 PM
without listing any complaints How do you turn off dps. I would like to tryto ride without it. My problem is when I pull the fuse in the front for the dps a code is thrown and the se5 will not shift into any gear. Do I need to pull a different or more fuses or what....thanks

SpyderWolf
10-24-2009, 06:24 PM
Might need to ask this question in "Shop Talk" for a better response.

Sorry I can't help you with it.

tatt2r
10-24-2009, 06:26 PM
if your not having a problem leave it alone...i've had it both ways and power is better

red
10-24-2009, 08:17 PM
Well I an having trouble with it..how-ever in light of the down turned mood on this site over the last few days,I decided to post the query without the complaint.
Ps: thanks for the tip about shop talk. I will repost there:bowdown:

Longlegs
10-24-2009, 08:23 PM
Somebody posted about pulling two fuses the other day. I will look and see if I can find it.

pitmon
10-25-2009, 07:02 AM
If you are having problems you really need to report it to BRP and your dealer. They can't diagnose the problems unless they know what is going on. I know the mood has been down here lately but we still should be able to ask questions and get advice here without feeling guilty about it, especially if you are having problems. Ride safe...

fastfraser
10-25-2009, 07:12 AM
:agree:+1

SpyderWolf
10-25-2009, 09:15 AM
Here is a link to the thread where someone else pulled their fuses and did not get any codes.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=153808#post153808

Way2Fast
10-25-2009, 11:55 AM
Well I an having trouble with it..how-ever in light of the down turned mood on this site over the last few days,I decided to post the query without the complaint.
Ps: thanks for the tip about shop talk. I will repost there:bowdown:

I pulled both the 5 amp fuse located under the trunk hatch and the 40 amp under the rear seat next to the ground cable connection. I experienced no codes but understand that those who had the updates done will get a code displayed on the instrument panel. After pulling the fuses I found that apparently my DPS had not been operational from day one. I'm used to the way it steers and would choose to leave the power steering disconnected.