PDA

View Full Version : Any way to connect an Ipod thru the USB on a new RT?

Rayvet
10-09-2022, 07:38 AM
Was wondering if anyone knows if there’s a way to connect an IPod through the USB plug to the sound system. Currently I listen to blue tooth on my phone with I-tunes but everytime we get into the north Georgia mountains we lose cell service so I’d like to connect my IPod. I just tried but when I plug it in there’s no onscreen recognition and for reasons I can’t figure out it seems to prevent me from blue toothing my phone to listen to. Don’t know if I’m missing something but any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

fredgal
10-09-2022, 08:27 AM
My ipod-mp3 player works plugged into 3.5mm imput, glovebox, have to change imput to AUX.. I have an F3L..

shardt
10-09-2022, 10:35 AM
Use the 3.5mm jack, or some music apps such as Spotify allows downloading of play lists so that you can listen to your music while not connected to a network so you might want to check your music app and see if that option is available to you.

Rayvet
10-09-2022, 04:29 PM
So to use the 3.5mm Jack on the Spyder I’d have to get a female audio to FireWire adapter yes? Since the later iPods don’t have an audio out Jack port.

fredgal
10-10-2022, 04:28 AM
So to use the 3.5mm Jack on the Spyder I’d have to get a female audio to FireWire adapter yes? Since the later iPods don’t have an audio out Jack port.

I thought all ipods/mp3 players had a 3.5mm female output, guess not. I have 3, and they all have one, which I plug into the Spyder male plug... I don't use them any more, just my phone via bluetooth with my music on it, because the volume is awesome thru my phone, with auto-volume off on Spyder.

FrogmanDave
10-10-2022, 01:48 PM

Yes sir. That would do it.

Edit: Correction. I just reread your post. You would need a 3.5mm male to FW adapter.

sharp
10-10-2022, 05:37 PM
Ipods have bluetooth. That way works for me.

Peteoz
10-10-2022, 09:08 PM
Ray, what music is on stored on your iPod that isn’t stored on your phone? Can you not perform a sync from your iPod to your phone so your stored music is on your phone?

Pete

Flamewinger
10-10-2022, 10:06 PM
Your iPod has downloaded music. Your iPhone can also have downloaded music and you can be enjoying music that same as an iPod. Much easier too.