PDA

View Full Version : Why Halogen, HID, & LED Headlights lose brightness over time!

larryd
10-07-2022, 11:20 PM
Why Headlights Loose their Brightness Over Time...DEGRADATION

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZpXwvbow4U

pegasus1300
10-08-2022, 12:13 AM
That is very interesting. Have you talked with them about a headlight bulb for the Spyder?

IdahoMtnSpyder
10-08-2022, 12:58 AM
Why Headlights Loose their Brightness Over Time...DEGRADATION

He does not explain why bulbs degrade, he simply says they lose brightness because they degrade. But how do they degrade? Does the material of the filament evaporate, change chemical composition because of the electricity passing through them or because of the heat, or what? I expected to hear some science, not just a simple excuse like the lake ran dry because the spill gate leaked!

BLUEKNIGHT911
10-08-2022, 09:41 AM
He does not explain why bulbs degrade, he simply says they lose brightness because they degrade. But how do they degrade? Does the material of the filament evaporate, change chemical composition because of the electricity passing through them or because of the heat, or what? I expected to hear some science, not just a simple excuse like the lake ran dry because the spill gate leaked!

:agree: ..... IMHO the material either the LED or halogen wire deteriorates over time due to the high heat it causes. .... LED's don't produce as much heat, so I think that's why they last longer ..... but this is a guess ..... Mike :thumbup: