PDA

View Full Version : Snapping out of my funk

Lamonster
10-24-2009, 09:14 AM
This last week has been tuff and I just haven't felt like posting on the board.
First it was the board going down the tubes with all the reported problems and the phone calls, emails and PM's that went with it. Then I have some family issues to deal with that I'm not real happy about. To top it off I get a call from a good friend of mines wife to tell me that my friend (Dennis) was admitted to the hospital for what they thought was diabetic shock but turned out to be a tumor in his brain. It is cancer and inoperable. I just talked to him a few days before and he was fine and wanted to come out here to see a friend who was dieing. Now he's dieing and the tumor is pressing on the memory part of his brain so sometimes he knows who his wife and family are but sometimes he doesn't. He did remember talking with me for some reason though. I may be riding out to San Diego to say good by to him if I can work it out. Not sure if he'll know who I am by time I get there. I'm waiting on the RT to get here and I'll ride it out there.

I would like to thank you all for your support and encouragement. I won't be turning off the board anytime soon and I hope the mood here will change for the better. It looks like it already has somewhat.

On a Spyder note, I started up my Spyder for the first time since I've been back from Daytona and my power steering is back. I'm not sure why but it is back. I did have BRP make a note of it and will continue to ride it and see what happens. I did order some new shocks when I was in Daytona and when they come in I plan on taking the Spyder apart and having a good look at everything at that time. I'm looking at extending my warranty now too just so I know I'll be covered if and when a major component fails. If I'm going to put a 100,000+ miles on this thing I'm sure at some point it will pay for itself.

BRPjunkie
10-24-2009, 09:22 AM
Ride On. Just a reminder that there are many more important issues than Spyders or any material things. If you want to make God laugh, tell him what your plans are for tomorrow. Let's all keep things in perspective.

tatt2r
10-24-2009, 09:27 AM
my thoughts are with you ...and if you need to vent or just shoot the $h!7 give me a call .... and on a lighter note yes i think the board is heading in the right direction,,,,,:coffee:

bjt
10-24-2009, 09:38 AM
Praying for you and your friends bro.

When my DPS went kaput, it quit working one day, worked the next, quit again later that day, worked the next afternoon when I went to work and quit for good that night. I rode for a week without the steering assist and it wasn't that bad once I got used to it.

Bersquack
10-24-2009, 09:41 AM
Don't give up Lamont. Take a few days off. And make sure to let us know if we can help with anything.

DynamoBT
10-24-2009, 09:45 AM
If you could only hit the Pause button so Life would wait while you catch up.

I hope your friend remembers you when you get to see him so you can connect one more time. As for the forum, because of the tone you have set from the beginning, it will ride out whatever storms may come. Essentially good people here. None of us want the Spyder to fail. We need to be encouraging and supportive of one another while BRP irons out these difficulties. It's going to be all good eventually.

You take care Lamont.

dltang
10-24-2009, 09:46 AM
Lamont,
I will keep you in my prayers as well as your family and friends. Saying good bye or even thinking about it is never easy. Even if he doesn't seem to remember you by the time you get out there, he will know you were there, somewhere deep inside. Stay strong Lamont, I know you have it in you. You are loved and supported by so many.

northramp
10-24-2009, 09:52 AM
We are with you Bro in:doorag: this moment. You have given all of us a great gift of knowledge, friendship and caring.
:thumbup:

dave01
10-24-2009, 09:57 AM
Welcome back Lamont. Every once in a while, we just need to get away from all if it. Prayers go out to your friend. If ya ever need to get away, there's always room in the house here in Fl and room for another Spyder in the garage. Plus, its still nice and warm here. :2thumbs:

Buelldog
10-24-2009, 10:40 AM
Thanks Lamont for keeping the pulse beating on this great supportive forum.......and all the supportive members as well!!There is so much sincere sharing on this site and that is what makes it stand out as some place special!!
When we stop and think about it ,this day, this moment is a Lifetime in miniature......Time is precious no doubt about it!Thanks for being a friend to those you have met, and those of us who you have not met!!

Twinkles
10-24-2009, 10:42 AM
our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family and your friend and his family. Just remember that if you ever need ANYTHING that we are here for you. You are an amazing person for all that you do for evryone in your life and on this site. Remember we are all just a message or call away
if you need us.
Ann (TWINKLES) & Pat (AMEOBE)

wolfshead1
10-24-2009, 10:50 AM
A board gives what it gets.Good understanding leadership and good members did and will make the SpyderLovers.com a cut above the rest.

Some Guy
10-24-2009, 11:15 AM
A board gives what it gets.Good understanding leadership and good members did and will make the SpyderLovers.com a cut above the rest.

:agree: SpyderLovers.com is a super site.

We are all thinking of you, Lamont...our fearless leader! :D

Dukester
10-24-2009, 11:57 AM
Lamont, my prayers go out to you and your friends family. You have a lot of people in your life and on this forum that want nothing but the best for you. Hang tough and I know you have people you can lean on and who are there for you.

NewRider
10-24-2009, 12:36 PM
Hang in there, Spyder Bro. Take some time off, to go see friends and family. Don't worry about the Forum; we'll take good care of it, while you're gone.:2thumbs::f_spider:

nudle
10-24-2009, 12:46 PM
:2thumbs::agree:

SpyderRider2492
10-24-2009, 12:52 PM
Many things are important in life but people come first. Take care it's great to see your return. You are in our thoughts at all times.

I cannot tell you how much my :spyder:has helped me though some tough times, this plus your help with answers and a great group of people on this board has been a wonderful 'uplift' for me and I know how much work you put into it to make it the success it has become. Glad to see the posting today and thanks again for all that you do.

TonyMac
10-24-2009, 12:59 PM
Glad to hear your feeling somewhat back to normal. You've made a lot of friends here who do care. Ride on :doorag:

krb1945
10-24-2009, 01:11 PM
your spirits are up some today. I know what it's like to be down. Every two weeks when I have to go to the Gainesville VA for treatment I go down that long dark tunnel. When I get down in there I keep telling myself there has to be a light at the end.

You keep in mind our prayers and thoughts are with you. Ken

Spydr in KS
10-24-2009, 01:25 PM
welcome

Way2Fast
10-24-2009, 01:30 PM
Lamont; I feel for your friend. One of my wifes best friends was recently diagnosed with a brain tumor. She had to go to a hospital in NYC that had a surgon with much experience in that area. The operation took 8-10 hours and she is currently on the long road to recovery. The tumor was not cancerous. Make sure your friend gets more than one opinion. If you need the doctors name send me a PM.

RoadHammer
10-24-2009, 01:35 PM
God bless you and your friend Lamont. Thanks to you I was actually able to ride my spyder.

pitmon
10-24-2009, 02:11 PM
God Speed Lamont, you and your friend are in my prayers...:pray:

Roaddog2
10-24-2009, 02:17 PM
God Speed Lamont, you and your friend are in my prayers...:pray:+1:pray:

SpyderByter
10-24-2009, 02:25 PM
Sorry to hear about your friend.

GeminiJane
10-24-2009, 05:09 PM
So sorry to hear about your friend, Lamont. We'll keep him and you in our prayers. My Dad was diagnosed years ago with an inoperable cancerous brain tumor. By the time they discovered it, he was acting as though he'd had a stroke (limited use of one side of body/face, memory issues, speech, etc.) but they were able to reduce it even back then with radiation to the point it was not really an issue. It gave us more than a year of quality time with him before he actually died of liver cancer, so let's hope they can figure something out for your friend.

Love2Ride
10-24-2009, 05:15 PM
I'm glad that your spirits are up about the forum. That's the nature of people tho hon. Up and down.

I'm so sorry about your friends. Please know that we are all here for you. Myself and my husband (SpyderWolf) have had quite a year of 'good byes'.

My friend in Michigan lost her three year old to cancer in April and a week later my brother in law passed away to cancer. We were on "death watch" for 4 solid months for these two. Now my dear friend in Canada has tumors all over inside of her. She has a husband and 7 year old boy. :(
Those four months were horrid. There is no getting around it. However, with help and support from others who've been there... it's a bit easier. Feel free to contact either of us if you need to. Talking, yelling, crying... whatever you need to do feel free with us. It helps you to cope and to be strong for your friend and his family.

{{HUGS}} big guy. :(

0228lisa
10-24-2009, 05:31 PM
As my daughter just recently told me.....sometimes you need to just trust in the world that it'll work out.......:dontknow:

Smylinacha
10-24-2009, 08:32 PM
Sending good vibes and prayers to you, your family & friend.

He's a lucky dude to have a friend like you.

BumbleBee
10-24-2009, 08:38 PM
Sorry about your friend. Thanks for not shutting down the site :2thumbs:

ArmyJoe
10-24-2009, 09:42 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your friend.

fastfraser
10-25-2009, 05:12 AM
Every now and then we are throwen a curve !!! Stay the course !!!

I hope everything works out well at home, and you get to say good-bye to your friend.

DannyS
10-25-2009, 08:46 AM
Just go and do what you have to do, we will be thinking of you and we will be here when you get back. Danny:doorag:

jimclarkf1
10-25-2009, 09:14 AM
:pray: I hope you get to see him again, he will know inside that you are there. and THANKS AGAIN, :bowdown:

Director
10-26-2009, 08:52 AM
Lamont, I am very sorry to hear about your friend Dennis' medical condition. I pray he can be kept as free of suffering and pain as possible. My thoughts and prayers to Dennis, to you and to his family. :pray:

Bruce

FANG
10-26-2009, 09:39 AM
Glad you are back Lamont. I have your firend in my prayers and alsp you and your family. You can count on me if you need anything. Just thanks again for all you do.

Saluda
10-26-2009, 12:03 PM
A post like yours reminds us that about 90 % of what we worry about and scramble for daily doesn't really mean much. Our best wishes for you and your friend. Take care.

RodO
10-26-2009, 09:53 PM
Hang in there!

As my daughter once told me, "What doesn't kill us makes us stronger."

Or, another take on that is:
"Every stress leaves an indelible scar, and the organism pays for its survival after a stressful situation by becoming a little older." Hans Selye

BajaRon
10-26-2009, 10:23 PM
I was sorry to hear about Dennis. He's always been a great guy with a positive attitude. Don't know if I can swing it but I'd like to run out to CA with you if I can.

I've been away from the board for awhile. Got busy with this and that, went to see my dad for a few days too. So I guess I missed whatever the down-turn was.

Sometimes the bad days help us appreciate the good ones.

This board and the people that make it go are just too much fun (most of the time) to let it slip away. It's worth the effort and you're the master link Lamont.

I keep thinking about the BBQ ... and I figure we've got some great days ahead if that was any indication of the SpyderLover possibilites.

3tracs
10-26-2009, 10:24 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your friend...

Thank you for all you do, take some time off to spend with your friend, because that is what really matters.

This is a great board with great folks participating in it that I've learned a great deal from.

Hang in there Lamont.

Harry

JimAlpha
10-28-2009, 02:30 PM
Regarding this forum, I offer an analogy to closing this site (with explanation). Most people will get this one... no tears please...

.........If this board shuts down, I will feel like a man who came home after work and found his wife and kids moved the trailer, left him there and forgot to say goodbye.....

We all count on Spyderlovers for accurate, informative and honest information about the Spyder. We get that consistently. Some people may have a problem with their "bad news" filter or the Spyderlovers site lacking one. This is an honest and unbiased forum. It's loyalty is to the truth.

To some of us, the board also provides other very positive benefits like the ability to connect with new friends via computer, email, and in-person for rides, BBQ's get-togethers for breakfast, etc.

With an honest appraisal from being here awhile - you are the SpyderMan and BRP should name the next model "The LaMonster RTX version"

Thanks again for your support and dedication to our Spyder community.

I'll pray for sunny weather headed your way!

vt228
10-28-2009, 03:25 PM
family & friend

He's a lucky dude to have a friend like you and if you nead anything let me no my friend always Don vt228 besafe......

aubierules
10-28-2009, 04:23 PM
Praying for you and your friends bro.

When my DPS went kaput, it quit working one day, worked the next, quit again later that day, worked the next afternoon when I went to work and quit for good that night. I rode for a week without the steering assist and it wasn't that bad once I got used to it.
what he said:agree: