PDA

View Full Version : My Lucky Day

TonyMac
10-23-2009, 03:24 PM
Me and a couple of co-workers were walking through our parking garage on our way to lunch today and my buddy nearly stepped on a motorcycle license plate and holder.

MY license plate and holder:yikes:

My first thought was someone stole my Spyder and threw it in the back of a truck and the plate fell off in the process. A quick check around the corner where I'd parked it confirmed it was still there, safe and sound.

Turns out the little wing nuts decided to fall out today. Good thing it didn't happen last weekend on a 200+ mile trip to the Texas hill country. It was very nice of that gremlin to let go in my office parking garage. That would have been a hassle to get new plates and would have probably had to pay for a new inspection sticker (only two months old) as it was on that license plate holder my dealer put on my bike.

Gonna stop and get some better nuts on the way home and maybe some Locktite. A little reminder to everyone that if you have the cheap little wing nut fasteners your dealer put on your Spyder to check them for tightness.:lecturef_smilie:

Firefly
10-23-2009, 03:31 PM
Me and a couple of co-workers were walking through our parking garage on our way to lunch today and my buddy nearly stepped on a motorcycle license plate and holder.

MY license plate and holder:yikes:

My first thought was someone stole my Spyder and threw it in the back of a truck and the plate fell off in the process. A quick check around the corner where I'd parked it confirmed it was still there, safe and sound.

Turns out the little wing nuts decided to fall out today. Good thing it didn't happen last weekend on a 200+ mile trip to the Texas hill country. It was very nice of that gremlin to let go in my office parking garage. That would have been a hassle to get new plates and would have probably had to pay for a new inspection sticker (only two months old) as it was on that license plate holder my dealer put on my bike.

Gonna stop and get some better nuts on the way home and maybe some Locktite. A little reminder to everyone that if you have the cheap little wing nut fasteners your dealer put on your Spyder to check them for tightness.:lecturef_smilie:

Be carefull with the loctite around plastic--- it melts it !

3wheeldemon
10-23-2009, 04:02 PM
Same thing happened to me but I saw it when the licence plate was still hanging from one of the bolts with its wing nut in the lasts threads. I replaced it with regular nuts and loctite.

3WD

SpyderWolf
10-23-2009, 09:12 PM
I nearly lost the dealer temporary tag on mine on the way to Maggie Valley for the same reason. My real plate is mounted with bolts and lock nuts to make sure it doesn't happen to vibrate loose again.