PDA

View Full Version : Garmin Zumo XT will not link to Spyder audio! Why have it?

redrt
09-16-2022, 01:17 PM
Just picked up a Garmin Zumo XT bad choice it will-not link up to audio system, per Garmin help line what a waste of money. It will only link up with phone and head set. Took two calls to help line just to get that. We sometimes ride without helmet so it is a big issue with me. My old Garmin would link up with audio but not the new one. Had I known that to start would not have gotten it. Did like the live road updates but if I can't hear it why have it.

Woodaddict
09-16-2022, 01:23 PM
your not telling us the model you have. you MIGHT be able to get the cradle with attaching wires, that plug into the harness at rear for charging and audio. maybe somebody else can verify for me. might be a slim chance

trikermutha
09-16-2022, 03:09 PM
Yeah that was the draw back on the XT. There is no physical audio plug on the XT. You can get a Bluetooth adapter and link it thru the audio system that way. I havent done it yet but have heard it does work that way.

ButterSmooth
09-16-2022, 03:13 PM
Yeah that was the draw back on the XT. There is no physical audio plug on the XT. You can get a Bluetooth adapter and link it thru the audio system that way. I havent done it yet but have heard it does work that way.

It does work, I've done it. Got the cheapo adapter ($~25) from Lamonster.

trikermutha
09-16-2022, 03:16 PM
It does work, I've done it. Got the cheapo adapter ($~25) from Lamonster.

You can plug an audio connector into the XT?

safecracker
09-16-2022, 04:52 PM
No, not on the Zumo XT

trikermutha
09-16-2022, 05:02 PM
Yeah trying to figure out #4 post.

EdMat
09-16-2022, 05:07 PM
Yeah trying to figure out #4 post.

You bluetooth from the XT to the adapter and the adapter plugs into the spyder.

Peteoz
09-16-2022, 05:12 PM
Just picked up a Garmin Zumo XT bad choice it will-not link up to audio system, per Garmin help line what a waste of money. It will only link up with phone and head set. Took two calls to help line just to get that. We sometimes ride without helmet so it is a big issue with me. My old Garmin would link up with audio but not the new one. Had I known that to start would not have gotten it. Did like the live road updates but if I can't hear it why have it.

You have jumped into negativity mode too quickly, redrt. As others have said, buy Lamont’s cheap “BT to audio” jack and BT the XT to it for sound through your speakers. It would be useful to know which model and year you have.

Pete

WDAVEY
09-16-2022, 06:28 PM
I also used the blue tooth adapter from LaMonster. You bluetooth the Garmin to the adapter and I also bluetoothed my phone to the adapter. Now I play Sirius XM from my phone (powered up from the plug in the trunk) AND the Garmin XT will override the music with directions, cautions, etc. The adapter plugs into the USB plug in the little glove box on my '21 RTL, I just have to remember to turn it on when I start the bike. I have not bothered to try and make calls on the phone or change channels on the Sirius XM - I'll stop if I need to make a call or find a new channel.

trikermutha
09-16-2022, 06:38 PM
You bluetooth from the XT to the adapter and the adapter plugs into the spyder.

Yep I know that but there is no Physical audio plug on the XT. I thought that was clear on post #3..

Peteoz
09-16-2022, 08:11 PM
Yep I know that but there is no Physical audio plug on the XT. I thought that was clear on post #3..

Hahaha…. Yep, I believe that you and Butter are actually in violent agreement, Triker………just a couple of crossed wires :2thumbs: ……… Butter means he has done it via BT and you are reading that as Butter saying he has done it via cable :thumbup:

Pete

ButterSmooth
09-16-2022, 08:33 PM

It is a bluetooth adapter, powered by the Spyder.

RiderDuke
09-17-2022, 03:48 AM

Check out the video for this product...
https://www.lamonstergarage.com/bluetooth-receiver-for-rt-f3t-st-br1-lamonster/

trikermutha
09-17-2022, 04:53 AM
I get it. Like Peteoz said wires got crossed but we are all on same page.:yes:

FrogmanDave
09-17-2022, 02:43 PM

I guess I am not on the same page. There is a 3.5mm audio plug right there in the glove compartment beside the usb plug. 2020+ anyway. How is that not an audio connector? You could plug in an mp3 player, older phone, whatever, and listen to your hearts content. You don't have any control over the device through the Spyder but the audio does come through.

trikermutha
09-17-2022, 03:13 PM
Ok The Garmin XT does not have a 3.5MM audio connector on it or on the harness like the 665/660 units had.

So Yes the Spyder does have an audio connector in the trunk or newer Spyder someplace else?

So the way around it would be use a bluetooth receiver and plug that into the Audio connector on the spyder. This way the Zumo XT will work thru the speakers on the Spyder.

Hope we all got that resolved. :thumbup:

Bfromla
09-17-2022, 07:34 PM
May also be options

Bluetooth receiver To FM transmitter found at Wally. Both also have additional USB-A charging ports. Guessing you do have a 12VDC cigarette plug available.

Peteoz
09-18-2022, 05:10 PM
Ok The Garmin XT does not have a 3.5MM audio connector on it or on the harness like the 665/660 units had.
So Yes the Spyder does have an audio connector in the trunk or newer Spyder someplace else?
So the way around it would be use a bluetooth receiver and plug that into the Audio connector on the spyder. This way the Zumo XT will work thru the speakers on the Spyder.
Hope we all got that resolved. :thumbup:

Hahahaha…….well done, Triker.:roflblack: …….. at least WE know what it’s all about :2thumbs:

Pete

trikermutha
09-18-2022, 05:31 PM
Hahahaha…….well done, Triker.:roflblack: …….. at least WE know what it’s all about :2thumbs:

Pete

Yeah I even got bold letters put in . Reminds me of large letters. :thumbup: