PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else had bad experiences with Dennis Kirk?

Deanna777
09-15-2022, 06:12 PM
I don't know if this should be on this thread, Admins you folks can delete if necessary.

I had ordered a Uclear Motion 6 Bluetooth communicator on 9/11/22 from DennisKirk.com. I received the Uclear Motion 6 Bluetooth communicator today. When I opened up the box, the USB cable & the speaker wires fit loosely in the communicator and the communicator did not hold a charge. I threw the packing slip thinking the above would work. I just want to do a return.

So I called Dennis Kirk customer care # & explained the situation, they transferred me to another department so I could get another packing slip for the above. The other department said to me I would have to call UClear direct to deal with the warranty.

I am not dealing with Dennis Kirk again because they :cus: & I am not happy with them.

All I wanted to do was do a simple return. In previous years (pre pandemic) if I bought something the store would let me return it. Now the pandemic is here I am wondering if Dennis Kirk is sending out bad :cus: .

Has anyone else had bad experiences with Dennis Kirk?
End of rant!!!!!

Deanna

DGoebel
09-15-2022, 06:16 PM
Sorry, just couldn't resist, WHOOOOO is Dennis Kirk? Just kidding, but I definitely feel my age reading your rant.. Used to buy from them back in the '80's for my sport bikes....

ARtraveler
09-15-2022, 06:27 PM
I have bought a few items over the years. Never had an issue where I had to return anything. I would suggest trying one more time to make a return directly back to them. Sorry you tossed the packing list. I would start from scratch and try one more time before dealing directly with UClear.

Let us know what happens.

Deanna777
09-15-2022, 06:29 PM
Sorry, just couldn't resist, WHOOOOO is Dennis Kirk? Just kidding, but I definitely feel my age reading your rant.. Used to buy from them back in the '80's for my sport bikes....

Back in the 90's my significant other at the time, use to buy from Dennis Kirk.

Deanna

Deanna777
09-15-2022, 06:32 PM
I have bought a few items over the years. Never had an issue where I had to return anything. I would suggest trying one more time to make a return directly back to them. Sorry you tossed the packing list. I would start from scratch and try one more time before dealing directly with UClear.

I called UClear and left a message, they probably wont call me back!

If they don't I'll buy else where.

I'll everyone know what happens.

Stay tuned!
Deanna

Peter Aawen
09-15-2022, 06:32 PM
I dunno anything about Dennis Kirk, never heard of 'em here in Oz, but some time after I'd upgraded our older & quite tired UClear helmet intercoms to the Motion 6 Boomless Helmet Comms, while we were well away from home, the little dual plug USB charger that charges both units at the same time failed in a father spectacular manner. Called the dealer who'd supplied them just to give them a heads up that there might be an issue with that bit of kit, and certainly not expecting them to do anything then & there, but they took what little detail of our purchase I had with me & then they said they'd get back to me. No worries, I'd already sorted another charger to do the job for the next 6 weeks or so til we got home, but later that arvo I got a very helpful call from the UClear Head office here in Oz asking where I wanted them to o/nite courier the replacement kit to meet us.... and the next morning, miles from the nearest city/major centre of asnything, a complete new Motion6 Dual Pack kit arrived at our door in the small country pub waaay out in the bush where we'd stayed that night!! :shocked: No charge, no fuss, and well above & beyond what was expected! So as a result of this & the way the Motion6 gear performs, I'm even more impressed with UClear Comms than I was before! :ohyea:

So for my 2 bob's worth, I'd definitely be contacting UClear direct! You might not get quite the same response as I did but if my experience is anything to go by, they should help; PLUS, you'll get a chance to tell them how Dennis Kirk is harming their reputation & sales!! :lecturef_smilie:

Mind you, I have dealt with a few & heard of a lot more places that just aren't taking any returns because of the perceived risk of spreading infection - so Dennis Kirk might be doing the same, and simply not handling/accepting any returns cos they think they might be infected (never heard of disinfectant spray I guess?!? :dontknow: ) Still, most I've had any dealings with/heard about here in Oz have just eaten the cost & said you keep the faulty one, here's a replacement..... :ohyea:

Anyhow, I see you've started to talk direct with UClear. Good, I hope they look after you - they certainly do here in Oz, so with any luck, you might be surprised.... :rolleyes: Just Sayin' :thumbup:

Wmoater
09-15-2022, 07:44 PM
I’d think if you paid with credit card or PayPal you’d have the receipt and date that could say if it’s within 30 days. They’d have to honor it. It’s been a while since I dealt with them, but I always got a confirmation email from them and that should be proof enough. PayPal you should be able to print out the bill. Sorry to hear about the uclear. Not sure on the warranty and how long they honor it. That’s all we use with the sleds. Sena for the spyders. I’ve had them since 2014. I have the old 20’s and they are flawless especially with the new bass boom speakers that came out 2 years ago.. I do have to say good luck on contacting them though. I had to once and it took forever. Needed to call, then I tried email got a confirmation number, had to do that several times. Everything was automated back then.

Deanna777
09-15-2022, 08:20 PM
I dunno anything about Dennis Kirk, never heard of 'em here in Oz, but some time after I'd upgraded our older & quite tired UClear helmet intercoms to the Motion 6 Boomless Helmet Comms, while we were well away from home, the little dual plug USB charger that charges both units at the same time failed in a father spectacular manner. Called the dealer who'd supplied them just to give them a heads up that there might be an issue with that bit of kit, and certainly not expecting them to do anything then & there, but they took what little detail of our purchase I had with me & then they said they'd get back to me. No worries, I'd already sorted another charger to do the job for the next 6 weeks or so til we got home, but later that arvo I got a very helpful call from the UClear Head office here in Oz asking where I wanted them to o/nite courier the replacement kit to meet us.... and the next morning, miles from the nearest city/major centre of asnything, a complete new Motion6 Dual Pack kit arrived at our door in the small country pub waaay out in the bush where we'd stayed that night!! :shocked: No charge, no fuss, and well above & beyond what was expected! So as a result of this & the way the Motion6 gear performs, I'm even more impressed with UClear Comms than I was before! :ohyea:

So for my 2 bob's worth, I'd definitely be contacting UClear direct! You might not get quite the same response as I did but if my experience is anything to go by, they should help; PLUS, you'll get a chance to tell them how Dennis Kirk is harming their reputation & sales!! :lecturef_smilie:

Mind you, I have dealt with a few & heard of a lot more places that just aren't taking any returns because of the perceived risk of spreading infection - so Dennis Kirk might be doing the same, and simply not handling/accepting any returns cos they think they might be infected (never heard of disinfectant spray I guess?!? :dontknow: ) Still, most I've had any dealings with/heard about here in Oz have just eaten the cost & said you keep the faulty one, here's a replacement..... :ohyea:

Anyhow, I see you've started to talk direct with UClear. Good, I hope they look after you - they certainly do here in Oz, so with any luck, you might be surprised.... :rolleyes: Just Sayin' :thumbup:

Peter Aawen,

I'll give UClear a call tomorrow( 9/16th/2022) and I'll post on this thread the results.

Thanks for the info.

Deanna

Deanna777
09-15-2022, 08:26 PM
I’d think if you paid with credit card or PayPal you’d have the receipt and date that could say if it’s within 30 days. They’d have to honor it. It’s been a while since I dealt with them, but I always got a confirmation email from them and that should be proof enough. PayPal you should be able to print out the bill. Sorry to hear about the uclear. Not sure on the warranty and how long they honor it. That’s all we use with the sleds. Sena for the spyders. I’ve had them since 2014. I have the old 20’s and they are flawless especially with the new bass boom speakers that came out 2 years ago.. I do have to say good luck on contacting them though. I had to once and it took forever. Needed to call, then I tried email got a confirmation number, had to do that several times. Everything was automated back then.

I paid with a Credit Card,and bought the UClear on 9/11, on the Dennis Kirk Website. I got the UClear Motion 6 Communicator today( 9/15/2022). I also got a confirmation email with the tracking number and the price I paid for it and etc. I 'll keep everyone posted when I can.

More info to follow on this thread.

Deanna

Saluda
09-15-2022, 08:36 PM
Haven't purchased from them in a while.

Deanna777
09-15-2022, 09:58 PM
Haven't purchased from them in a while.

I'll be using the UClear motion 6 communicator on the spyder helmet.

Deanna

trikermutha
09-15-2022, 11:25 PM
You can buy with confidence with our No-Hassle 90-day Return Policy

This is posted on there web site. Dennis Kirk

Send it back. You should have an electronic receipt for the item.

BLUEKNIGHT911
09-15-2022, 11:31 PM
Back when I had a few snowmobiles I bought quite a bit of items from Dennis Kirk ..... I never had any issues .... Great service and quality products .... Dennis Kirk is not a sponsor or vendor on this site. ..... Mike :thumbup:

PMK
09-16-2022, 04:52 AM
Back when I had a few snowmobiles I bought quite a bit of items from Dennis Kirk ..... I never had any issues .... Great service and quality products .... Dennis Kirk is not a sponsor or vendor on this site. ..... Mike :thumbup:

Agree, not that I bought sled stuff, but rather never had issues with Dennis Kirk mail order. Even have been to their location and bought stuff.

I suspect there is a lot more to this that is not being told.
Besides, if the UClear is defective, why bash Dennis Kirk, just because they will not allow a return on an electronic item? UClear is the one responsible to supply a correctly working item within the warranty timeframe.

Had the UClear been unopened and resalable, that differs a bit from the item being opened, having issues, and being electronics.
Your words bashing Dennis Kirk are powerful and damaging, I certainly hope all the facts and details were posted.

Very likely UClear should be complained about, especially if they do not honor the warranty, which seems unlikely based on what has been posted by others.

trikermutha
09-16-2022, 06:47 AM
After reading the Dennis Kirk Policy more it , sounds like you need to have everything there to send back. If you threw away the box then thats you fault.

If you have everything that came with the device you can send it back.

You may return any unused and unaltered item(s) within 90 days for an exchange or a refund. Authorization is not needed, however, a call to our Customer Service Department 800-969-7501 or Technical Support Department may help you avoid an unnecessary return. Technical Support can be reached at the following phone numbers:

Snowmobile: 320-358-3409
Harley: 320-358-1914
Metric: 320-358-1915
Off Road: 320-358-3831
Please do not return goods to us C.O.D. Instead, you may use our quick and easy return process. Simply complete your Merchandise Return Form and enclose it with the items you wish to return in a secure package, apply the Authorized Return Label (ARS Label) to the package and take the package to any UPS Store®, Customer Center, Shipping Outlet, Drop Box or give it to any UPS driver. Keep the tracking number strip located on the lower portion of the ARS/Return Label for reference when tracking your package.

BajaRon
09-16-2022, 07:56 AM
I've purchased a few things from Dennis Kirk. I never needed to return anything so I can't speak to that aspect. But I've always considered them to be a good source. Things change. I'm hoping that is not the case here.

Jesster72
09-16-2022, 08:25 AM
It has been years since I used Dennis Kirk, but I still get their e-mails. I don't recall any issues with them, but it has been a few years, LOL.

RayBJ
09-16-2022, 11:55 AM
What am I missing here? If you purchased with a credit card, call the CC company and stop payment. You have a valid reason to retiurn the item and the CC company can wield it's power for you.

blacklightning
09-16-2022, 12:49 PM
I used to buy a lot of stuff from them when I had my Suzuki M109. Nothing purchased in over 5 years now from them.

Deanna777
09-16-2022, 04:02 PM
You can buy with confidence with our No-Hassle 90-day Return Policy

This is posted on there web site. Dennis Kirk

Send it back. You should have an electronic receipt for the item.

I do have the electronic receipt for the item. I am not happy with DENNIS KIRK!!!!!!!

I was playing phone tag with Dennis Kirk and UClear.

Deanna

Deanna777
09-16-2022, 04:03 PM

I am not happy with Dennis Kirk and I am not using Dennis Kirk again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deanna

Deanna777
09-16-2022, 04:09 PM
After reading the Dennis Kirk Policy more it , sounds like you need to have everything there to send back. If you threw away the box then thats you fault.

If you have everything that came with the device you can send it back.

You may return any unused and unaltered item(s) within 90 days for an exchange or a refund. Authorization is not needed, however, a call to our Customer Service Department 800-969-7501 or Technical Support Department may help you avoid an unnecessary return. Technical Support can be reached at the following phone numbers:

Snowmobile: 320-358-3409
Harley: 320-358-1914
Metric: 320-358-1915
Off Road: 320-358-3831
Please do not return goods to us C.O.D. Instead, you may use our quick and easy return process. Simply complete your Merchandise Return Form and enclose it with the items you wish to return in a secure package, apply the Authorized Return Label (ARS Label) to the package and take the package to any UPS Store®, Customer Center, Shipping Outlet, Drop Box or give it to any UPS driver. Keep the tracking number strip located on the lower portion of the ARS/Return Label for reference when tracking your package.

Trikermuth,

I saved the box ( Card board box that the unit came in, and I have the original red small box that the unit came in).

I did call the Customer service number and and DENNIS KIRK Said "NO". I am not dealing with DENNIS KIRK AGAIN Very bad customer Service.

Deanna

trikermutha
09-16-2022, 04:11 PM
I do have the electronic receipt for the item. I am not happy with DENNIS KIRK!!!!!!!

Deanna

Ok what are we missing here?

If you have all the packaging , pack it up and send it back. It is clearly stated on there web site that there is a 90 day no hassle return policy.

Did you throw away the return label too? If so you can still send it back as long as all packaging is with the item you bought.

I never had any issues with Dennis Kirk when I shopped with them.

Deanna777
09-16-2022, 04:12 PM
I've purchased a few things from Dennis Kirk. I never needed to return anything so I can't speak to that aspect. But I've always considered them to be a good source. Things change. I'm hoping that is not the case here.

BajaRon,

I am not happy with Dennis Kirk, Poorly Customer Service, I was playing phone tag with Dennis Kirk,and UClear.

I am better off dealing with Sena ( Motorcycle Dave on this site).

Deanna

trikermutha
09-16-2022, 04:13 PM
Trikermuth,

I saved the box ( Card board box that the unit came in, and I have the original red small box that the unit came in).

I did call the Customer service number and and DENNIS KIRK Said "NO". I am not dealing with DENNIS KIRK AGAIN Very bad customer Service.

Deanna

Was there a reason? I would send it back and then once they receive it call the credit card company and contest the charge if you followed all there rules.

Complete there form and send it back.

I still dont understand the reason why they won't take it back?

Deanna777
09-16-2022, 04:15 PM
It has been years since I used Dennis Kirk, but I still get their e-mails. I don't recall any issues with them, but it has been a few years, LOL.

I am not dealing with Dennis Kirk any more, they have very poor customer service. They told me to call Uclear.

Dennis Kirk said to me they cannot accept the communicator.

Deanna

trikermutha
09-16-2022, 04:18 PM
Now I know why you used the item.

You may return any unused and unaltered item(s) within 90 days for an exchange or a refund

Deanna777
09-16-2022, 04:20 PM
Was there a reason? I would send it back and then once they receive it call the credit card company and contest the charge if you followed all there rules.

Complete there form and send it back.

I still dont understand the reason why they won't take it back?

Dennis Kirk said to call UClear, which I did. I call UClear they put in touch with a person who deals with Uclear.

Dennis Kirk said NO! they will not warranty the communicator.

So I'll be dealing with Motorcycle Dave and staying with Sena.

Deanna

Deanna777
09-16-2022, 04:21 PM
Now I know why you used the item.

You may return any unused and unaltered item(s) within 90 days for an exchange or a refund

i did not use the item, was installing in the helmet.

Deanna

trikermutha
09-16-2022, 04:27 PM

Deanna

Ok , so You never answered the question . Why wont they take it back?? Does it fall under the unaltered part of there return policy?

Mikey
09-16-2022, 04:36 PM

Deanna

Did it come in a new helmet?

Deanna777
09-16-2022, 04:41 PM
Ok what are we missing here?

If you have all the packaging , pack it up and send it back. It is clearly stated on there web site that there is a 90 day no hassle return policy.

Did you throw away the return label too? If so you can still send it back as long as all packaging is with the item you bought.

I never had any issues with Dennis Kirk when I shopped with them.

Thanks for the info.

Deanna

Deanna777
09-16-2022, 04:42 PM
Did it come in a new helmet?

No, it did not.

I still have my motorcycle helmet.

I have better luck with Sena.

I'll just update my Sena communication system.

I'll look at Motorcycle Dave's website on this site.

Deanna

Peteoz
09-16-2022, 04:50 PM
Deanna, Like Peter A, I have had nothing but good experiences when dealing direct with UClear. I had a similar issue to yours when I purchased through a third party, and UClear could not do enough to assist. A new unit was in the mail the same day I called, and they told me not to bother sending the old unit back to them. To be fair, I also had the same level of exemplary service from Sena when I had an issue with one of their units bought through a 3rd party. Take Dennis Kirk out of the equation and deal only with UClear…….p.s, I now buy my gear direct from UClear or Sena. They usually have gear in my hands within 2 days of ordering.

Pete

Mikey
09-16-2022, 04:52 PM
Mom and I love ours!!! Good Luck!!! We have a set of 10's in our sled helmet's and 30's in our bike.

Deanna777
09-16-2022, 05:20 PM
Deanna, Like Peter A, I have had nothing but good experiences when dealing direct with UClear. I had a similar issue to yours when I purchased through a third party, and UClear could not do enough to assist. A new unit was in the mail the same day I called, and they told me not to bother sending the old unit back to them. To be fair, I also had the same level of exemplary service from Sena when I had an issue with one of their units bought through a 3rd party. Take Dennis Kirk out of the equation and deal only with UClear…….p.s, I now buy my gear direct from UClear or Sena. They usually have gear in my hands within 2 days of ordering.

Pete

Pete,

Dennis Kirk said "they will not warranty it, they said to call UClear directly for the warranty ( UClear is a third party), the USB Cable and Speaker wires fit loose in the communicator, the unit would not hold a charge. Dennis Kirk said to me to give UClear a call, which I did and explained the situation. I also said to Dennis Kirk is the unit a refurbished, or a used unit.
They said it was up on the warehouse end.

I called U Clear back and they put me in contact with a person you deals with UClear. I am just waiting for a phone call from UClear.

I'll post more on this thread.

Deanna

Deanna777
09-16-2022, 05:23 PM
Also, I don't have time for this :cus: because I am dealing with "the life curve" that I am in.

Deanna

PMK
09-16-2022, 07:03 PM
Sorry but bashing Dennis Kirk for not accepting a return of an opened item that was partially installed seems a bit extreme.

UClear has a warranty program that should resolve the battery and wire issues.

Regardless of this life curve, and not quite sure how that interplays with getting warranty from UClear, I still am at a loss why this is Dennis Kirks responsibility.

All the best getting it resolved.

As for SENA, they can be bashed too.

Deanna777
09-16-2022, 07:37 PM

ARtraveler,

I got a call from UClear, and explained my situation, Uclear suggested I call Dennis Kirk and have them deal with the warranty, I called Dennis Kirk back and they said "No" on covering warranty. They said to call UClear for the warranty, so I connected me with someone direct that handles UClear,I am just waiting to hear back from UClear.

So today I called the cc and started a dispute. I am just waiting to see from them.

I told Dennis Kirk I don't want to play phone tag with them.

Deanna

Deanna777
09-16-2022, 07:43 PM
Sorry but bashing Dennis Kirk for not accepting a return of an opened item that was partially installed seems a bit extreme.

UClear has a warranty program that should resolve the battery and wire issues.

Regardless of this life curve, and not quite sure how that interplays with getting warranty from UClear, I still am at a loss why this is Dennis Kirks responsibility.

All the best getting it resolved.

As for SENA, they can be bashed too.

( off topic: The life curve I am currently dealing with has nothing to do with Dennis Kirk. I have too much going on I,don't need this added stress in my life)
I bought the Motion 6 Communicator( on 9/11/2022) from them, they will not let me return it,or cover it under warranty.

Deanna

Peteoz
09-16-2022, 08:08 PM
Pete,

Dennis Kirk said "they will not warranty it, they said to call UClear directly for the warranty ( UClear is a third party), the USB Cable and Speaker wires fit loose in the communicator, the unit would not hold a charge. Dennis Kirk said to me to give UClear a call, which I did and explained the situation. I also said to Dennis Kirk is the unit a refurbished, or a used unit.
They said it was up on the warehouse end.

I called U Clear back and they put me in contact with a person you deals with UClear. I am just waiting for a phone call from UClear.

I'll post more on this thread.

Deanna

Yeah, I didn’t phrase that very well, Deanna. What I meant was that dealing direct with UClear will probably be a far easier and more satisfying experience for you than dealing with Dennis Kirk. Fingers crossed :thumbup:

Pete

Peter Aawen
09-16-2022, 08:24 PM
C'mon guys!! Deanna has been trying to answer all the questions you have put up, but it's pretty clear from reading the entire thread that at least some of you have been posting without reading it all thru! :banghead: .

Please, DON'T POST IN ANY THREAD UNLESS YOU'VE READ THE WHOLE THING!

The answers to the questions you are asking of Deanna are here, often more than once, & those answers were quite clear until some of you started confusing the issue by posting before reading the rest of the thread! :bdh:

Putting it briefly, Deanna was fobbed off by Dennis Kirk in a very unprofessional way, exhibiting extremely poor Customer Service, so she is not going to be dealing with them again! :mad: . There's no further point in hounding & trying to bamboozle Deanna into saying anything else/repeatedly asking the same/already answered questions; so at her request,

this thread is now CLOSED! :lecturef_smilie: