PDA

View Full Version : BRP called to get feedback on Spyder

Amanda B
10-22-2009, 06:32 PM
Well, they are surveying people on the Spyder, asking all kinds of questions about comfort and stuff. Just thought I'd let you all know, they are looking for feedback and you will likely get a call.

spyderlover2
10-22-2009, 06:47 PM
its about time! :2thumbs: and way overdue! now everyone with issues can let them know so maybe they can get-ta fixing many peoples issues with their Spyders! maybe this will put most of the Spyder owners and future Spyder owners at ease now about how well BRP takes care of its customers now and in the future! (provided they actually DO something about the Spyder issues and dont just write things down just for the sake of taking a poll.)
and for those of you that are seriously doubting the quality of the Spyder...let them have it when they call...just be as cordial and possitive as you can without get totally bent! it may be hard to do, but at least try!
ride on and ride safe!

NancysToy
10-22-2009, 08:07 PM
its about time! :2thumbs: and way overdue! now everyone with issues can let them know so maybe they can get-ta fixing many peoples issues with their Spyders! maybe this will put most of the Spyder owners and future Spyder owners at ease now about how well BRP takes care of its customers now and in the future! (provided they actually DO something about the Spyder issues and dont just write things down just for the sake of taking a poll.)
and for those of you that are seriously doubting the quality of the Spyder...let them have it when they call...just be as cordial and possitive as you can without get totally bent! it may be hard to do, but at least try!
ride on and ride safe!
I don't think this calls for attitude! BTW, do you even own a Spyder?

ameobe
10-22-2009, 08:16 PM
:agree:Scotty

Did recieve the call a bit back.(posted here when I did)

Gave them a 10/10 except on how they were treating dealer inventory.

Way2Fast
10-22-2009, 08:35 PM
This survey is probably just the general one they give to a marketing company. Most everyone has either had the survey or will be getting it.

spyderlover2
10-22-2009, 09:43 PM

No Scotty i dont own a Spyder, but i am just as concerned with everyones issues that they are having, because i plan on owning one myself some day! i would want everyone that is having issues to speak up about them if they get a call from BRP, just as i would.
also, if you continue reading my post, it also says to let them have it, just be as cordial and possitive as you can without get totally bent! it may be hard to do, but at least try!

Scotty, you are one of the most experienced members here on this site and i totally respect your opinions and thank you for the answers to some questions i have even asked myself on this forum! i believe this forum is for owners and nonowners alike.
whether we own one or not, we should all be concerned with giving our opinions from every point of view we can so that BRP can address our concerns and build a better product and a product that nonowners can look at and say they want that product based on the tried and tested quality and reliability of it! this takes all of us!
the Spyder is about the only CYCLE i would buy right now as i am getting older (43) and am already becoming less sure of myself on a 2 wheeler! so i want everyone to speak up as much as possible so we dont lose this awesome machine because of issues that werent addressed in a timely manner and lack of support from the public!
just trying to get people to speak up when they get the chance and to do it in a way that will help BRP understand the urgency in those issues so we dont lose a good thing! and also this forum of very helpful and caring people!

Questions
10-22-2009, 11:35 PM
Spyderlover2 said...its about time! :2thumbs: and way overdue! now everyone with issues can let them know so maybe they can get-ta fixing many peoples issues with their Spyders! maybe this will put most of the Spyder owners and future Spyder owners at ease now about how well BRP takes care of its customers now and in the future! (provided they actually DO something about the Spyder issues and dont just write things down just for the sake of taking a poll.)
ride on and ride safe
All due respect ,I didn't detect an attitude ,just another opinion expressed:agree:they just stated to be honest in my interpretation, I am having trouble with service myself ,I am trying to go through BRP and FINALLY it seems they are responding .I will let you know how it turns out ,I feel they really need to step up monitororing the dealers for customer service.

cheers to all

spyderlover2
10-23-2009, 12:32 AM
I didn't detect an attitude ,just another opinion expressed:agree:they just stated to be honest in my interpretation,cheers

thank you kaw1965! :2thumbs: CHEERS TO YOU TOO!
thats exactly what i meant and i believe thats how i wrote my comment!

BTW Scotty, i didnt think i needed to OWN a Spyder in order to be a part of this great forum.
i dont offer any mechanical advice to anyone whatsoever because i have no experience with the Spyder and i do not own one. i leave this in the hands of you owners.
i joined this forum because i am the type that has to dig deeply to find out everything i can, good and bad, about the product i am interested in, before i buy it! this forum has opened my eyes to tons of things i didnt even think about, and despite the issues, mechanical problems and dealer issues some owners have had or are having now, i would still love to own one.
i would love to see their issues and mechanical problems (even yours if you have any) resolved. so i am suggesting to them to take advantage in any way they can, including a call they may receive from BRP asking them to express what they like and dislike about the Spyder, the Dealers and anything else they may ask about. to not take advantage of this opportunity would be a huge mistake! some owners out there are VERY upset with their experiences with the Spyder AND/OR their dealers ways of handling their problems with the Spyder, or even if they just have a parts issue!
i know BRP reads these forums and Lamont is doing his best to inform BRP of the issues people are having, but what better chance to express their issues than when they GET A CALL FROM BRP. how often do THEY CALL YOU! (Lamonster excluded, and BTW, even Lamont can only do so much for us) a call from any comany is not a normal occurance in my book! i would also suggest to ask them, when they call, to write down any other extra comments you may have so they can get a more full story from there customers.
if they (you) dont say anything, they (you) wont be heard! and i may miss out on a really awesome ride in the future! not to mention, i dont want ANYONE getting hurt or having a bad experience with BRP OR THEIR SPYDER. so its a great chance to ask BRP to try to make the appropriate corrections so we can keep this awesome machine on the road.
I would like to think that my opinion is valued and respected reguardless of whether or not i am a Spyder owner. this is why i DO NOT give mechanical advice to anyone about the Spyder. but as a future owner, i WOULD love to be heard by BRP vicariously through you owners, and this is what i am encouraging you owners to do...without being angry or being testy! i can feel other frustrations in this forum and would love to try to help! and that is my intentions.
i would NEVER try to incite people to express themselves in any kind of negative manner because i know it drives the positive to the negative and then nothing gets accomplished!
so....like i always try to say, RIDE ON AND RIDE SAFE! Hayden

Just Doo Me
10-23-2009, 04:22 AM
How many people get calls from Ford or Honda or Toyota when they have problems with their bike or car? To me it shows they care about their customers.I do agree that a good dealership would go a long way to keeping the discontent happy though.

fastfraser
10-23-2009, 05:15 AM

:agree: +2

rnet
10-23-2009, 05:50 AM
I don,t think this calls for attitude either, however an honest response is needed and give them the facts. BTW I see no attitude in the above post. PS I have gotten the call (two weeks ago) and gave them the facts and I hope this will help improve this product.

bjt
10-23-2009, 07:43 AM
How many people get calls from Ford or Honda or Toyota when they have problems with their bike or car? To me it shows they care about their customers.I do agree that a good dealership would go a long way to keeping the discontent happy though.

GM sends out surveys to people who have recently bought or had some warranty service work done (part of it on vehicle quality, part of it on dealer quality). They are mailed surveys and they are pretty detailed. I'd be surprised if other automakers don't do some type of customer satisfaction research.

NancysToy
10-23-2009, 07:54 AM
Sorry guys, but I don't buy it. I read the flowery words at the end of the post...after telling owners to let BRP have it. Sort of like cussing somebody out with a smile on your face. Only cool, polite, objective, balanced commentary is likely to have any effect on any person or company. If you have a problem, see your dealer (which many folks have not done.) If it is not resolved, contact BRP support...repeatedly if necessary. If you don't own a Spyder, you may be concerned, but you have nothing to complain about. I don't appreciate anybody, owner or non-owner, just trying to stir up trouble...which is the flavor, if not the intent, of your posts. Posts of this nature could eventually be the end of this forum, and none of us wants that to happen.

smokster
10-23-2009, 10:02 AM
No Scotty i dont own a Spyder, but i am just as concerned with everyones issues that they are having, because i plan on owning one myself some day! i would want everyone that is having issues to speak up about them if they get a call from BRP, just as i would.
also, if you continue reading my post, it also says to let them have it, just be as cordial and possitive as you can without get totally bent! it may be hard to do, but at least try!

Scotty, you are one of the most experienced members here on this site and i totally respect your opinions and thank you for the answers to some questions i have even asked myself on this forum! i believe this forum is for owners and nonowners alike.
whether we own one or not, we should all be concerned with giving our opinions from every point of view we can so that BRP can address our concerns and build a better product and a product that nonowners can look at and say they want that product based on the tried and tested quality and reliability of it! this takes all of us!
the Spyder is about the only CYCLE i would buy right now as i am getting older (43) and am already becoming less sure of myself on a 2 wheeler! so i want everyone to speak up as much as possible so we dont lose this awesome machine because of issues that werent addressed in a timely manner and lack of support from the public!
just trying to get people to speak up when they get the chance and to do it in a way that will help BRP understand the urgency in those issues so we dont lose a good thing! and also this forum of very helpful and caring people!
IS THIS ******** ?

spyderlover2
10-23-2009, 12:14 PM
Sorry guys, but I don't buy it. I read the flowery words at the end of the post...after telling owners to let BRP have it. Sort of like cussing somebody out with a smile on your face. Only cool, polite, objective, balanced commentary is likely to have any effect on any person or company. If you have a problem, see your dealer (which many folks have not done.) If it is not resolved, contact BRP support...repeatedly if necessary. If you don't own a Spyder, you may be concerned, but you have nothing to complain about. I don't appreciate anybody, owner or non-owner, just trying to stir up trouble...which is the flavor, if not the intent, of your posts. Posts of this nature could eventually be the end of this forum, and none of us wants that to happen.

for someone who is talking about "stiring the pot" so to speak, you are doing a fine job Scotty....you arent reading the whole post's i have written! i dont understand your attitude towards me in your post! what have i ever done to you, for you to show me such contempt???
i have completely explained my position and admitted i am NOT an owner! this doesnt mean i cant have a say in what i would like to see done with the spyder and BRP, AS A FUTURE OWNER!
all i want is to see the Spyder and BRP AND ITS OWNERS HAPPY!!! THIS INCLUDES YOU and me as a future owner!
so why would you try to shut me up?? IMHO, YOU are stiring the pot here because others dont seem to have any issues with my posts.
i will admit the the words "let them have it" may have come across wrong, and thats why i said "be as CORDIAL (nice, and diplomatic) as you can"!

i now see that you might think that this forum is only for owners, and that the nonowners will need to keep their opinions and ideas to themselves!
who is stiring the pot????
i want this forum to continue because i WILL NEED IT WHEN I GET MY SPYDER!
i respect your experience with motorcycles and now that you have a spyder too, i will bet that you are all over that too, but i am loosing my respect for you in this forum....but thats my issue!
i wrote in my post CLEARLY, my intentions! and yes i do have something to complain about....because i dont want all these problems when i go to buy one myself!
when you wrote...''Only cool, polite, objective, balanced commentary is likely to have any effect on any person or company.'', THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS SAYING WHAT WAS WHAT I WAS TRYING TO ENCOURAGE TOO! i am sorry i didnt use YOUR words!

if you READ ALL OF THE WORDS IN THE POSTS I WROTE, and not just those few words, you would see and understand my intentions.

you dont know me at all if you believe i was trying to "stir the pot"! and by you posting your first response, YOU called ME out! i would call THAT "stiring the pot"!
you dont need to be an owner to have an opinion about anything, and this forum is for both owners and nonowners alike!

you tell me where i am wrong about wanting the best for BRP, the SPYDER, SPYDER OWNERS, AND FUTURE OWNERS?
i have already stated (over and over again) where i wanted everyone to be Cordial when presenting their issues. you seem to be the one instigating issue's and "STIRING THE POT"!
READ ALL OF MY POST'S SCOTTY BEFORE CONDEMING ME AND WHAT I SAY! LOOK AT THINGS FROM OTHERS POINT OF VIEW FIRST AND WALK IN THEIR SHOES FIRST BEFORE CONDEMING THEM, THEIR IDEAS, OPINIONS AND/OR POINTS OF VIEW!

AND NO SMOKSTER, THIS ISNT ********! I AM WHO I SAY I AM, AND I AM SPYDERLOVER2!nojoke

Roaddog2
10-23-2009, 12:48 PM
Well the survey that I would think counts would be JD powers and I got one a few weeks back.Sorry folks I had to be honest :doorag:

Questions
10-23-2009, 12:49 PM
We all have the same goal here in my opinion.I just want to say ,I understood your message both your messages in your 1st posts and agree whole heartedly ,I own a Spyder :ani29:and have had nothing but trouble from my dealer .I have had no choice to go to BRP and "let them have it ",lol (We all know what is meant by that dont we?)it seems that after a month and a half of trying and FRUSTRATION :gaah::gaah:I will have my Spyder picked up today. I just want to say your opinion is respected and welcomed by me being an owner or not . I Love the Bike by the way:spyder2:, just hate the service you get from ANY bike shop.That is why it is sooo important for people everywhere to speak up about BAD service so we can turn this trend aroundit is waaay to costly and if it continues it I will sell all my rec vehicles..

It sounds like you 2 have a difference of opinion ,why not leave it at that.:chat:

To Nancys toy :everyone has their own way of expressing themselves and possibly getting results the key is to respect one another , just my opinion have a good one and keep expressing your opinions nicely:2thumbs: ,cheers Kevin

p.s It was a timely process but BRP has responded to my concerns ,MY:spyder:gets picked up today to have ALL issues fixed .I will let you know how I feel I am treated by my dealer (now that I went to BRP:roflblack:)keep your fingers crossed.I STILL LOVE MY:spyder2:.
By the way BRP will be hearing from me if I end up with a positive rsult and good service ,to express my thx for them getting involved .
I fully agree to say the good with the Bad !
cheers to all

Amanda B
10-23-2009, 01:51 PM
I wish I hadn't posted about the call now, I didn't know it would stir the pot. I used the pone call as an opportunity to voice my concerns about the Spyder and to tell them what I liked about it, and was very respectful. I already had a call a month or so ago about the Spyder, so this would be my 2nd phone call. Sorry, all I wanted to do was give everyone a heads up so you could think about what you wanted to address when they call and to point out perhaps they are trying to do something about the issues. I didn't know it would cause problems. I think I'll be using this site less for awhile. I'm happy with my Spyder, and I got what I expected an imperfect and new product that would have some bugs (maybe spyders) that would need to be worked on, it happens with any new vehicle so to expect the Spyder to be different is just setting onself up for frustration/anger/disappointment. I now see why a few days ago someone posted that this website is depressing, because it definitely is not a positive experience on here right now. :chill:

NancysToy
10-23-2009, 03:15 PM
I wish I hadn't posted about the call now, I didn't know it would stir the pot. I used the pone call as an opportunity to voice my concerns about the Spyder and to tell them what I liked about it, and was very respectful. I already had a call a month or so ago about the Spyder, so this would be my 2nd phone call. Sorry, all I wanted to do was give everyone a heads up so you could think about what you wanted to address when they call and to point out perhaps they are trying to do something about the issues. I didn't know it would cause problems. I think I'll be using this site less for awhile. I'm happy with my Spyder, and I got what I expected an imperfect and new product that would have some bugs (maybe spyders) that would need to be worked on, it happens with any new vehicle so to expect the Spyder to be different is just setting onself up for frustration/anger/disappointment. I now see why a few days ago someone posted that this website is depressing, because it definitely is not a positive experience on here right now. :chill:

Amanda,
Please accept my public apology for making you feel this way. Your post was good, and your actions were proper. I don't want you to stay away from SpyderLovers because of anything I was a part of. I will stay away, so you can stay here.

Questions
10-23-2009, 03:16 PM

I am sorry to hear you feel that way ,I know there is good and bad on any site (you just have to use your own filter ) to ignore the negative responces . Overall this is a GREAT site .
I appreciate your post,dont give up:2thumbs:

spyderlover2
10-23-2009, 03:16 PM
Amanda B.....you should stay here on this site! you shouldnt be made to feel guilty about anything anyone else has posted here in this forum! you did a good thing in posting what you did! :chat::clap::thumbup:

Nancys Toy.....thanks for your reply to my PM. :agree: i do think we have a diff. of opinions. i wont do what you suggested but i also respect you for your decision to do that if you want.....its really not a big deal. and i really hope you throughly enjoy your new RT-S when you get it...for all of us, owners and nonowners alike! (just try not to hold it over our heads, some of us are jealous of you already)! :2thumbs:

i have come to the conclusion that i made some mistakes here on this forum (and/or this post particularly), so since i am not an owner of a spyder of any kind, i will from now on keep my fingers tied when i visit this site, until i become an owner! besides, i know sometimes i come across as mean spirited in my wordings. some get me, and some dont!
since i dont own a Spyder, (something that has been pointed out to me), i will keep my big bazooo shut, because i dont want to start anymore issues. i told Lamonster i would help in any way i could to keep this site going...and maybe this is the only way i can help!

i want to thank everyone for their comments, suggestions, and for helping me understand what the Spyder is all about and how much fun i could have just having one for myself. also, i would like to thank all of you who have gone through all of the Spyders issues so that, one day, i can have a chance to own one that is mostly problem free.

this has been a great experience (until just recently) and until i am a Spyder OWNER....
RIDE ON AND RIDE SAFE....PEACE TO ALL, I'M OUT! :(

docdoru
10-23-2009, 03:34 PM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15064 :thumbup:

Smylinacha
10-23-2009, 05:55 PM
Oh don't worry about it. Sounds like you have a temper like me. Jeez, that is scary. :2thumbs::roflblack: Sometimes people like us get a little emotional when we are nudged a bit.

Amanda B.....you should stay here on this site! you shouldnt be made to feel guilty about anything anyone else has posted here in this forum! you did a good thing in posting what you did! :chat::clap::thumbup:

Nancys Toy.....thanks for your reply to my PM. :agree: i do think we have a diff. of opinions. i wont do what you suggested but i also respect you for your decision to do that if you want.....its really not a big deal. and i really hope you throughly enjoy your new RT-S when you get it...for all of us, owners and nonowners alike! (just try not to hold it over our heads, some of us are jealous of you already)! :2thumbs:

i have come to the conclusion that i made some mistakes here on this forum (and/or this post particularly), so since i am not an owner of a spyder of any kind, i will from now on keep my fingers tied when i visit this site, until i become an owner! besides, i know sometimes i come across as mean spirited in my wordings. some get me, and some dont!
since i dont own a Spyder, (something that has been pointed out to me), i will keep my big bazooo shut, because i dont want to start anymore issues. i told Lamonster i would help in any way i could to keep this site going...and maybe this is the only way i can help!

i want to thank everyone for their comments, suggestions, and for helping me understand what the Spyder is all about and how much fun i could have just having one for myself. also, i would like to thank all of you who have gone through all of the Spyders issues so that, one day, i can have a chance to own one that is mostly problem free.

this has been a great experience (until just recently) and until i am a Spyder OWNER....
RIDE ON AND RIDE SAFE....PEACE TO ALL, I'M OUT! :(

Degaman
10-23-2009, 07:28 PM
Wow... kinda sounds like the ***** administration going after Fox News for not remaining in lock-step.

Why can't we just agree to disagree?

Since when does somebody have to be a owner to express an opinion?

Smylinacha
10-23-2009, 07:52 PM
Very good - I love the *****/Fox analogy.

And Yes, I think it's good that we are all have individual thoughts and yep - it's good to agree to disagree:2thumbs:

Wow... kinda sounds like the ***** administration going after Fox News for not remaining in lock-step.

Why can't we just agree to disagree?

Since when does somebody have to be a owner to express an opinion?

SpyderWolf
10-23-2009, 08:37 PM
Amanda B, thanks for posting the information about the phone calls from BRP. I will also be looking forward to getting one from them. We may be some of the lucky ones, as we seem to have a good dealer that does their best to take care of our Spyders. The only issue for us is that they are 2 hours away, so many of the miles on my Spyder are from going there almost every weekend. Now that the second update has been applied I am hoping the trips will be much less frequent.

The Spyder may have a few kinks to work out still, but I would not trade it for anything right now. :thumbup:

Questions
11-23-2009, 09:40 AM
Hello all, I just wanted to give an update to my :spyder2:issues .I had recieved very poor service right after the purchase of my :spyder2:.I had an oil leak and the dealer had not completed my first service.I finally recieved some help from BRP and eventually Carlo. My issues are now resolved and I seem to have a decent relationship with my dealer .I thought they would treat me with contempt ,not the case so far .
I just want to thank BRP and my dealer for finally addressing the problems and putting the joy back in my purchase .:2thumbs:

bjt
11-23-2009, 10:24 AM
Hello all, I just wanted to give an update to my :spyder2:issues .I had recieved very poor service right after the purchase of my :spyder2:.I had an oil leak and the dealer had not completed my first service.I finally recieved some help from BRP and eventually Carlo. My issues are now resolved and I seem to have a decent relationship with my dealer .I thought they would treat me with contempt ,not the case so far .
I just want to thank BRP and my dealer for finally addressing the problems and putting the joy back in my purchase .:2thumbs:

:congrats:

SpyderWolf
11-23-2009, 08:13 PM
Glad to hear it, and especially glad that the dealer isn't treating you poorly after having to get BRP involved. :congrats:

effgjamis
11-23-2009, 10:59 PM
Let us all stop flaming.. grrrrrrr...

bjt
11-24-2009, 12:40 AM
Who made Forrest growl? :D

SpyderWolf
11-24-2009, 06:53 AM
I was wondering the same thing. :dontknow:

Perhaps it was some of the older posts, before this last updated one.

Dukester
11-24-2009, 10:00 AM
I feel, if your a person your entitled to have thoughts and feelings. Some people are better then others at expressing them, putting them into words or just controlling them. But we all are entitled to have them. If your a consumer, which we all are, we want the respect of all companies to treat us with it. Do to we are spending our hard earned money for all products. The opinions in this fourm, if they are good or bad are just that opinions, as long as they aren't personnel attacks to a individual I feel just accept them for what they are. I enjoy reading all the thoughts of everyone, it gives me something to think about and I've learned so much. I thank all you for your thoughts, feelings and ideas.