PDA

View Full Version : Preparing for stuck parking brake 2015RT - what's needed?

svspyder
09-13-2022, 01:30 PM
Have read other posts about parking brake not releasing. Getting ready for first road trip and want to be prepared for possibility.
I have located PB cable at back wheel. If it won't release, do I use 12mm wrench (one wrench or 2nd one for backing?) to slide cable out of bracket to allow the brake to release? I see that the cable extends to release. Is there sufficient slack in cable housing to allow taking end of cable off the lever so spring can release the brake? Just let it hang or do I take off parts for rest of trip? What other tools needed for other parts removal? I can deal with what ever created the problem after return. Just don't want to get stuck on the road!
TIA

2dogs
09-13-2022, 02:32 PM
Zip tie it to secure it out of the way. Enjoy the trip and ride safe. Good preplanning.:thumbup:

CloverHillCrawler
09-13-2022, 05:48 PM
I just went to Home Depot and bought 2 x 12mm for my kit; remember you need a Torx Driver as well to remove the cover (if it is on there) I think it is a T20 or T27 if I remember right. I just keep 2 multi tools with several different Torx and Hex heads with me in my kit.