PDA

View Full Version : Fitted Heated Comfort Seat '22 RT Ltd - now no heated pass. hand grips! Why?

Brentc
09-12-2022, 04:45 PM
Our new 2022 RT limited was delivered today and I am just getting to go through it.
So, we upgraded our comfort seat to the heated comfort seat from the dealer and there are no controls for the passenger hand grips, only the seat? The rt limited comes with heated passenger grips, so I was curious if anyone knows if the grips and seat are combined when doing this upgrade? Or did someone possibly remove a switch they shouldn’t have?

K80Shooter
09-12-2022, 04:55 PM
That would be a question for your dealer. They are supposed to have the controls for the hand grips.

I would wager that the parts were not available and the Spyder was shipped without them.
The dealer should have caught this IMHO

Brentc
09-12-2022, 05:13 PM
Yeah, it’s on my list of questions to ask. I wonder if the passenger armrests had anything to do with it?
Also was shipped with the wrong size axle bolt and won’t accept the hitch shaft.

Brentc
09-13-2022, 04:42 AM
Wondering if anyone has this combination and can confirm that you can indeed have heated comfort seat, passenger arm rests and still have the heated passenger hand grips on a 2022 rt limited?

Pooch
09-13-2022, 07:25 AM
Interesting.
Was going to make a comparison but realized your seat had passenger arm rests.. mine does not..
MY RTL heated seat and grips, as came from the factory, has passenger controls..

Could not delete this post space so amended the thought.

Let us know what you find out.

Peteoz
09-13-2022, 05:47 PM
I upgraded my ‘21 RT-L to heated seats. Here is a picture of the controls on the passengers left side. You don’t have these?

Pete

Brentc
09-13-2022, 06:49 PM
I have the heated comfort seat and passenger armrests, but only have the switch for the seat is still there. The switch for the handgrips is blanked out

C. Lee
09-14-2022, 02:37 PM
You forgot to plug it back in when installing the new seat. There is a plug that is easy to miss. I know because I missed it as well. Chris

Dobieone
09-14-2022, 03:11 PM
My 2022 RTL was delivered to me without the passenger heated grip switch.
Dealer informed me when I picked up bike that I should have the switch sometime this year.

Brentc
09-14-2022, 06:40 PM
Did you by chance also have the passenger armrests installed? I really am trying to confirm that the heated seat and addition of the passenger armrests can coexist. I had the dealer do all the work before I picked up the bike.

Brentc
09-14-2022, 06:41 PM
Yes, with the addition of the passenger armrests.

Dobieone
09-14-2022, 08:33 PM
Yes I installed the BPR armrest myself just waiting for the switch for the ear grips.
I have seen a complete 22 RTL with working heated grips with armrests.

Brentc
09-15-2022, 11:08 AM
Yes I installed the BPR armrest myself just waiting for the switch for the ear grips.
I have seen a complete 22 RTL with working heated grips with armrests.

Thank you, that’s what I needed to know :thumbup:

FrogmanDave
09-15-2022, 01:09 PM
Thank you, that’s what I needed to know :thumbup:

My question is.... why didn't/couldn't your dealer tell you this information in the first place?

RealWing
09-15-2022, 01:44 PM
Mine also came without the switch and heated grips. Will be installed when parts arrive.
Jim

Brentc
09-15-2022, 05:20 PM
My question is.... why didn't/couldn't your dealer tell you this information in the first place?

I have not heard back from them yet on it and I like to be knowledgeable about these issues.

SgtGlenn
10-29-2022, 11:51 AM
My 2022 RTL was delivered to me without the passenger heated grip switch.
Dealer informed me when I picked up bike that I should have the switch sometime this year.

Purchased my 22 RTL in early October. Grip switch missing too.... dealer says supply chain issues at factory. They will contact me when switches come in. :roflblack:

Dobieone
10-29-2022, 03:24 PM
Took my 2022 RTL in this week for switch installation - it finally came in.
They are also replacing my windshield and dashboard they damaged, the best I could tell, while installing the windshield.
I had to find it myself, they gave no clue that anything was wrong.

Brentc
10-29-2022, 07:25 PM
Mine is at a new dealership now as the online dealer I bought from has failed to take care of things. Case opened with Brp and I’m assuming missing supply chain switch is the issue. I asked the original dealer several times to not ship until complete so that I didn’t have to do what I’m doing now and take back and forth for service on brand new machine. The original dealer also told me that they verified that the axle shaft was the correct one, and it was not so that is also being addressed locally instead of with the original dealer. All in all not a very good experience, very poor communication.

rhino1
10-29-2022, 08:02 PM
What’s up with the axle shaft? Is there a problem with them. I have a 22 RTL.

Peter Aawen
10-29-2022, 09:26 PM
What’s up with the axle shaft? Is there a problem with them. I have a 22 RTL.

It's nothing major, unless you really want to fit a tow hitch right now! The 'original supplier' of the axle shafts has been unable to keep up with the demand, and the 'alternative supplier' hasn't put the same dia hole thru the axle shaft, so the securing rod (which is not really a load bearing item, just a way of keeping the hitch mounts held tightly against the swing-arms... :p ) that's part of the OE Hitch Kits (& probably most a/mkt hitch kits too!) has too large a dia to go thru the smaller dia hole the alt supplier put in the middle of their alternative axle tubes! :rolleyes:

So as I said, it's nothing major unless you want to fit a hitch right now; and if you do, you can either wait for the right OE axle tube or modify the existing 'alternative' axle tube &/or the way you secure the hitch arms against the swing arms... there's a few different options that'll work, so nothing insurmountable, just an embuggerance! :thumbup:

Knizar
10-30-2022, 07:42 AM
It's nothing major, unless you really want to fit a tow hitch right now! The 'original supplier' of the axle shafts has been unable to keep up with the demand, and the 'alternative supplier' hasn't put the same dia hole thru the axle shaft, so the securing rod (which is not really a load bearing item, just a way of keeping the hitch mounts held tightly against the swing-arms... :p ) that's part of the OE Hitch Kits (& probably most a/mkt hitch kits too!) has too large a dia to go thru the smaller dia hole the alt supplier put in the middle of their alternative axle tubes! :rolleyes:

, so nothing insurmountable, just an embuggerance! :thumbup:

Peter, I love your choice of words, our Spyders and embuggerance go hand in hand!.....:clap:....Bill

JohnRuckus
12-10-2022, 10:55 PM
Are the heated passenger grips a different set of grips than what comes with the RT base or does it just have some type of component that needs to be connected? I'm asking b/c I can't find it as an accessory on the CanAm site. I'm thinking of maybe adding it to my RT if it's a reasonably priced mod.

GreggL
12-19-2022, 05:28 PM
Brent,

Oddly, I just realized my wife's new '22 RT-Limited doesn't have a passenger heated grips switch either, despite passenger heated grips clearly being listed on the features section of Can Am's specs for an RT-L. Since we just got the bike Friday, I'll be calling the dealer promptly tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up!

blacklightning
12-19-2022, 05:59 PM
I had to run downstairs and check on my 2021 RTL. It does have the switches for the seat and grip. I picked mine up on 10/30/2022, but the original owner took delivery on 12/8/2021. I guess that was before the problems in the supply chain.

FrogmanDave
12-19-2022, 06:48 PM
Brent,

Oddly, I just realized my wife's new '22 RT-Limited doesn't have a passenger heated grips switch either, despite passenger heated grips clearly being listed on the features section of Can Am's specs for an RT-L. Since we just got the bike Friday, I'll be calling the dealer promptly tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up!

It should have them. If they haven't already, make sure your dealer has them on order if it was missed during the original delivery.

Brentc
12-20-2022, 05:54 AM
Dropping off at new dealer for warranty install Thursday :thumbup:

It should have them. If they haven't already, make sure your dealer has them on order if it was missed during the original delivery.

USAF
12-20-2022, 06:24 AM
Dropping off at new dealer for warranty install Thursday :thumbup:

You got your snow tires on ? LOL

Brentc
12-20-2022, 05:05 PM
Luckily I have an enclosed trailer in my fleet lol. It’s come in quite handy for winter spyder storage and travels!

You got your snow tires on ? LOL

GreggL
01-08-2023, 11:20 AM
I’ll be calling the dealer on Tuesday morning to get it done! Thanks for confirming…

Brentc
01-08-2023, 03:06 PM
Just to follow up on this. When the local dealer went to hookup the switches, they also discovered the actual heated grips were missing. The grips that my bike was shipped with, we’re not heated and they have now been ordered as well under warranty. Another thing that Imotorsports missed and I have had to deal with at my end.