PDA

View Full Version : Screwed the pooch - U0128 Code & Trans Fault - any suggestions?

CBCHIEF
09-08-2022, 12:09 PM
I accidently put my 2020 Spyder RT in gear while the parking brake was on. Parking brake will not engage and the windshield also doesn't work, they both work off the same fuse (F4). I believe it's a short and can't image it was caused by putting it in gear while the parking brake was on. Took the right side panels off and saw that the parking brake cable was attached to the actuator. Any suggestions?? :opps: U0128 fault code is given and also the transmission fault lights up

:ohyea::2thumbs:
thank you all for your input and suggestions. I took the spyder to the dealer and in 20 minutes found that the windshield unit was bad and the left handlebar module was shot, both covered under warranty. Will let all know when I get the bike back and on the street. Happy Days are here again.

Fatcycledaddy
09-08-2022, 12:25 PM
I put mine in gear all the time with the parking brake on and never a problem. If yo try to open the throttle it will beep at you, but a simple release of the parking brake and off you go.
I think those problems and you putting it in gear is unrelated.
I did have the windshield not go up and down after starting it one time, but a simple shut down and restart toook care of that.
Did you shut it down, wait a few minutes and try again?

K80Shooter
09-08-2022, 12:36 PM
You also might want to unhook the battery for a few minutes and then hook back up and try again.

Some here say to take the pos and neg. cable and touch them together while the battery is unhooked but I don't know about that.
Maybe @Blueknight911 will chime in on that.

CBCHIEF
09-08-2022, 12:53 PM
I didn't think it was related either, and I even took the key five miles away (while shopping) and didn't make a difference as was suggested in you tube.
Thanks for your input.

Bfromla
09-08-2022, 01:57 PM
Not finding that code in spyder codes app? Also Pbrake-windshield, what about horn? Also doubt brake with gear caused short, good check fuses & if actuator bound/restricted some way. Believe can manually release at caliper with #14 wrench. Caution have something else holding bike in place & not adjust brake arm too far.

trikermutha
09-08-2022, 02:25 PM
U0128 TCM BOSCH Lost communication with WPM/EPB (lost of CAN ID’s) Missing CAN ID 460h from WPM/EPB. Module internal error. Damaged circuit wires or damaged module pins.

I have left mine in gear more than once and all it will do is beep and not move until released.

Take it in for warranty work .

BertRemington
09-08-2022, 02:34 PM
You're having CANbus problems. The functions you attempted to perform are on the left handlebar module which communicates with the remainder of the electronics via CANbus. You may have a failed left handlebar module. Any recent wet weather or high pressure washing?

BLUEKNIGHT911
09-08-2022, 03:47 PM
You also might want to unhook the battery for a few minutes and then hook back up and try again.

Some here say to take the pos and neg. cable and touch them together while the battery is unhooked but I don't know about that.
Maybe @Blueknight911 will chime in on that.

:agree: .... I learned this from other members I consider a lot smarter THAN ME .... So Yes ..... Mike :thumbup:

IdahoMtnSpyder
09-08-2022, 08:15 PM
I think it might be the WPM crapped out. It's the parking brake/windshield module. Don't ask me why two distinctly different functions are controlled inside one module, but they are.

MrMagicFingers
09-09-2022, 06:34 AM
I think it might be the WPM crapped out. It's the parking brake/windshield module. Don't ask me why two distinctly different functions are controlled inside one module, but they are.

:agree:

There is absolutely NO NEED to have a a module controlling these functions. It's another example of useless over engineering, feeling a need to over complicate something simple and create a failure point that BRP figure they can generate an income point. ALL you need is a motor, a set of relays and a few momentary contact switches for EoT (end of travel) sensing. The automotive world has been doing it for a 100 years now.

KISS method: Keep It Super Simple

Tim

IdahoMtnSpyder
09-09-2022, 10:39 AM
:agree:

There is absolutely NO NEED to have a a module controlling these functions.
The downside of what you suggest is there would be a lot more wires of heavier gauge needed to carry full voltages and amps. Software can replace relays for less money. The connection from the left hand switch module is only two small wires carrying digital signals to all the other modules. In the end the use of digital electronics is cheaper and more reliable overall. For example, there have been far fewer issues with the WPM than with the microswitch on the brake pulley. And more breakages of the windshield arms than problems with the WPM.

missouriboy
09-09-2022, 12:04 PM
I think it might be the WPM crapped out. It's the parking brake/windshield module. Don't ask me why two distinctly different functions are controlled inside one module, but they are.Could very well be! That's what happened to me when my parking brake would not release... no other symptoms or unusual actions were involved. I don't know what the code was, but that's what the techie found, and the module had to be replaced.

As to the single controller for two motors... wouldn't that be less expensive than two modules?

hypurone
09-09-2022, 12:22 PM

And PLEASE leave the pooch out of this! :roflblack:

IdahoMtnSpyder
09-09-2022, 02:09 PM
As to the single controller for two motors... wouldn't that be less expensive than two modules?
Well, the motors do function much the same, forward, backward, forward, etc., so maybe the control logic is the same. Makes sense to me now.

CBCHIEF
09-10-2022, 03:48 PM
thanks for the input, took it to the dealer and in no time he found that the windshield module was shot and the left handle bar module was bad, covered under warranty.: lap: