PDA

View Full Version : What's the Best belt tensioner/"Dampener" for the 2012 RT?

USAF
09-05-2022, 12:49 PM
Hey guys, I am looking into getting a belt tensioner/dampener for my 2012 RT-S. I looked on Lamonster and it says 2014 and up, Why nothing below 2014?

BLUEKNIGHT911
09-05-2022, 03:43 PM
This comment is not meant to offend ...Anyone .... The best dampener is the one left in the box ...... JMHO .... Find the price for a new ( re-placement ) Belt and labor to put it on if you can't ..... Mike :thumbup:

PMK
09-05-2022, 06:33 PM
Hey guys, I am looking into getting a belt tensioner/dampener for my 2012 RT-S. I looked on Lamonster and it says 2014 and up, Why nothing below 2014?

Regardless of the model year or model, the Smooth Spyder belt tensioner / damper is very likely the best. The design on some versions, utilizes actual belt tensioner pulleys / rollers, from what appear to be automotive timing belt tensioners. Even the tensioning spring setup is from similar automotive style applications.

As Mike the Blue Knight remarked, many of us have not installed belt tensioner / dampers, but found that following the Can Am service bulletin to reduce the belt tension as Can Am suggests often provides excellent results with very minimal if any vibrations. In some ways, it does seem the Blue Knights suggestion of the best belt tensioner / damper being one left inside the box it came in skirts the true answer to your question, however correct or incorrect for your application, my suggestion is to choose wisely and inspect often for most versions.