PDA

View Full Version : RT-L Liner weather strip torn away from liner - any fixes?

vetman03
08-29-2022, 05:32 PM
Just bought a 2013 RT-L. Great deal in excellent condition, low miles. In the frunk there is a liner that has the BRP logo on it. I cannot tell if this was a factory item or added afterward. Anyway, around the top edge is a U-Channel with a round rubber tube that was glued to it. Just about all of the tube has torn away from the U-Channel. It was a weatherstrip or cushion that touched the underside of the frunk lid. I cannot find anything like a part number of either the original insert, or just the weatherstrip to replace it. I may get some Gorilla glue and try to carefully glue the tube back on to the U-Channel.

Anyone else have this situation? Any other ideas on replacing or repairing this weatherstrip?

trikermutha
08-29-2022, 05:47 PM
Check Lamonster or Spyder pops

Snowbelt Spyder
08-29-2022, 06:08 PM
Just bought a 2013 RT-L. Great deal in excellent condition, low miles. In the frunk there is a liner that has the BRP logo on it. I cannot tell if this was a factory item or added afterward. Anyway, around the top edge is a U-Channel with a round rubber tube that was glued to it. Just about all of the tube has torn away from the U-Channel. It was a weatherstrip or cushion that touched the underside of the frunk lid. I cannot find anything like a part number of either the original insert, or just the weatherstrip to replace it. I may get some Gorilla glue and try to carefully glue the tube back on to the U-Channel.

Anyone else have this situation? Any other ideas on replacing or repairing this weatherstrip?

That's an OEM part. Neoprene seal. Item number 330.

https://www.canampartshouse.com/oemparts/a/cam/53051358f870027e8404f638/body-and-accessories-front-fender

Yes, an after market seal may be less money.

vetman03
08-29-2022, 06:19 PM
Hey, thanks for the quick response and information. I can take it from here. Thanks again!!

I had checked Spyder Pops and Lamonster already. Somehow missed this site completely in searches.

Bfromla
08-29-2022, 06:51 PM
Hey, thanks for the quick response and information. I can take it from here. Thanks again!!

I had checked Spyder Pops and Lamonster already. Somehow missed this site completely in searches.

Trick is look at something else (FARKLE) first :yes::popcorn::coffee:https://spyderpops.com/replacement-weatherstrip-for-front-trunk-rt-models-2010-19/

timeless
08-30-2022, 08:28 AM

I have a 2010 RT SE5 with the OEM liner like that and I have re glued my weather stripping on several occasions. I used Weldwood contact cement and it holds up pretty well.

JayBros
08-30-2022, 09:36 AM
That frunk weather strip seal on my Spyder gave up the ghost not quite a year ago and I replaced it with one from Spyderpops for $22.95. The best thing about Harvey's replacement is it's just a bit stiffer than the OEM one, so when I turn the key to unlock the frunk the seal serves as a spring and the frunk lid unlatches by itself.