PDA

View Full Version : South Texas Suzuki CAN-AM Spyder Demo Truck

sts
10-20-2009, 04:29 PM
If you are in South Texas and want an opportunity to Ride the NEW TOUR come to South Texas Suzuki on November 7th!! This is your opportunity to see the new tour and get a chance to ride!! We will also be having specials that day if you purchase. For more details go to www.spydersts.com (http://www.spydersts.com)...

http://i436.photobucket.com/albums/qq84/suzukidealer/stsspyderdemo1-1.jpg

glynnk
10-20-2009, 10:43 PM
Can you re-post the link? The original doesn't work.

Glynnk

TonyMac
10-21-2009, 08:31 AM
Can you confirm you're going to have an RT there for test rides?

I'd really like to see, sit and ride one as it seems to have a lot of what I am looking for.

Thanks, Tony

LittleJohn
10-21-2009, 08:35 AM
Can you re-post the link? The original doesn't work.

Glynnk

I googled them, and its either

www.spydersts.com (http://www.spydersts.com)

or that forwards to

http://www.southtexassuzuki.com/

3wheeldemon
10-21-2009, 03:23 PM
It looks like a good excuse for a ride!

3WD

sts
10-22-2009, 03:52 PM
Yes we will have the full RT-S with a trailer at the ride. You can go to Spyder ryder and pre register if you would like.

glynnk
10-22-2009, 09:19 PM
It looks like a good excuse for a ride!

3WD
Based on the Texas mileage guide, it's about 215 miles from Houston. That might be a streatch for a day ride....what do you think? It sure would be nice if one of the dealers in the Houston area would have something like that.

Glynnk

3wheeldemon
10-22-2009, 09:31 PM
Based on the Texas mileage guide, it's about 215 miles from Houston. That might be a streatch for a day ride....what do you think? It sure would be nice if one of the dealers in the Houston area would have something like that.

Glynnk

Yep. I did not think it was that far. Add 30 miles each way for me there in Clear Lake. I will check with Mancuso Powersports to see if they are doing something like that, and report back.

3WD

TonyMac
10-23-2009, 11:21 AM
Yes we will have the full RT-S with a trailer at the ride. You can go to Spyder ryder and pre register if you would like.

That is what I was hoping for. The trailer I think will make the Spyder the ultimate touring machine with no limits on luggage, rain gear or whatever.

I'll register and be there! Thanks

TonyMac
10-23-2009, 01:25 PM

Ok, I registered for an 11:15 test ride (# 56212) then spoke to a friend who will be coming with me.

I couldn't go back to the BRP web site and add a friend after already registering. Could you please save him a test ride around the same time as me?

Thanks, Tony

BMikiten
11-05-2009, 08:52 PM
Speak to Kelley over there. She is a co-rider and really quite knowledgeable. Great shop!

Brian
2009 Spyder Phantom

Ghost_Ryder
11-05-2009, 11:16 PM
Ok, I registered for an 11:15 test ride (# 56212) then spoke to a friend who will be coming with me.

I couldn't go back to the BRP web site and add a friend after already registering. Could you please save him a test ride around the same time as me?

Thanks, Tony

Hey Tony - I'll be there around 1:30 for my test ride. Hope to see you again.

Mark

Ghost_Ryder
11-07-2009, 07:49 PM
The BRP team and South Texas Suzuki did a great job on the demo tour. Got to ride the new RT and it was everything I thought it would be. I really like the windscreen and foot location. The person test driving it before me must have accidentally turned on the heated grips. About 2 minutes into the ride my hands were really warm. Didn't quite need it today with the air temperature in the upper 70's.:roflblack:

Thanks BRP and STS.

vwatso
11-07-2009, 08:00 PM
great turn out to Ken and Kelly. Got to meet a lot folks intrested in spyders. I'm sure they be pleased with the sales and service as I have had with you all. Look forward to Christmas this year

vwatso

r1eater
11-08-2009, 03:37 PM
My wife and I had a good time and after some discussion when we got home, I'll be calling Kelly Tuesday to get some paperwork going on a new Spyder.

TonyMac
11-08-2009, 05:58 PM
STS did a really good job with the demo. That is a great tool to get the message out. This is a unique market and the folks I interacted with got a real taste and can make informed decisions about buying.

I saw a couple of really cool Spyders there including one with a Stars and Stripes motif and one guy with the coolest custom made highway pegs that he designed himself.

I was late for my 11:15 ride and wound up in the 12:00 group and then had to run away to go deer hunting so I didn't get to catch up with everyone I've met through the site, but I did see Brevet05 and his Army Spyder.

I will need to stay in touch with STS to see if they get a demo unit with a trailer. I think that would be the final thing that sells me on taking a depreciation bath. That and maybe something less than MSRP :2thumbs:

sts
11-08-2009, 09:08 PM
Hi guys and Gals
Thanks so much for coming out Saturday!! I am glad you all had a great time and were able to take the new RT for a spin. My demo should be here next week I will let everyone know when I get it built. The trailer may be another couple of weeks before we see those. Once I have both you all are more than welcome to come down and test drive with the Trailer to see how it rides. And for any of you that are looking at wanting a trailer for your RS the hitch will work and the Trailer will work just fine behind the RS... Please let all your friends know before they buy to price out the RS and RTS with me as our F&P are not as high as everywhere else and we with the exta goodies I am throwing in on a RT it should make it worth their wild to give STS a chance!!! AGAIN Thank you to all the Spyder Owners VWATSON and I talked about getting a ride together for all the SA ryders!!

Theromero6
02-01-2013, 07:45 PM
Horrible customer service, if you even get a hold of someone! Say one thing then change to another. They had our bike 6 months, all they did was give us the run around while they tore our bike to pieces, Damaged it, kept parts and lied about working on it when they were working on another bike. Kelly, the owner, said the bike would be ready, when i asked Cesar why it wasn't, he said this and I quote "Kelly is a girl and girls don't know sh*t about bikes." he said this about his females boss to a female customer! After 6 months of runaround, day after it was supposed to be ready we are told it needs $2,500 in parts! That would've been nice to know 6months ago! Kelly says it'll run for 6-8months with new case and seal, so wait another week for seal to come in. Then we are told they can't release the bike the way it is, it's a liability. Now Kelly says she told me it might not last a day and has the call recorded. Why would we pay $1,000 plus $500 for case for a bike to last a day?!!! Got another shop to work on it even though its in pieces inboxes LITERALLY. First thing we notice is the gas tank has a huge dent in it! We ask what happened? Why all of the damage? And are told "I don't know, it WASN'T like that when he took it off." we are charged $450 for damagin our bike and wasting 6 months (and a lot of beautiful riding days:( )!!! We just want to get our bike and get out of there. At the new shop we notice there is no seat or tail cowl in the pile or the boxes. No telling what else is missing. I call Kelly's cell, no answer. She texts me that the shop is closed but will get us our missing parts, but not when. I heard for months how they were disassembling, mapping out, taking measurements, how it all took time.. Sure3 printouts from the Internet. They are so full of it. Shouldve read the reviews first

ARtraveler
02-02-2013, 04:20 PM
:oldpost: The information about the dealer dates back to 2009 and nothing beyond that except for the current posting.

:welcome: sorry to hear of your problems with them, but welcome to the party.

A lot of us have been caught with OPS. (Old Post Syndrome) :roflblack:

Mr. White
02-10-2013, 12:40 PM
I asked a friend who had purchased a Suzuki from South Texas Suzuki if he had been there recently. He said, "yes, and they are locked tight with no one in sight". It was a nice little shop and I enjoyed going there. I hope there is new owners one of these days....

:spyder2: