PDA

View Full Version : DESS disable during our travels this year

jcthorne
08-15-2022, 05:56 AM
A number of folks have expressed desire to have DESS disabled but are not near a dealer or shop willing and capable of doing the task.

As in years past, I will have my BUDS system with me during our annual bike trip and willing to meet up with other Spyder owners that wish to have this done.

This year we will be traveling through the following states: TX, OK, KS, IA, SD, ND, WI, MI, IN, KY, TN and northern LA. If you are in one of those states and interested in meeting up and having your DESS turned OFF, it only takes a few minutes. Reach out to me via PM or email me at jcthorne@thornolis.com and I will let you know when and where we will be in your state.

Navydad
08-15-2022, 08:30 AM
:agree: I had mine done when you were in Cleveland a few years back. Thanks again

Ex-Rocket
08-17-2022, 05:40 PM
Darn, you skipped my state.

Bfromla
08-17-2022, 08:35 PM
Darn, you skipped my state.

Sounds like : Meet-N-Greet road trip:riding::riding::doorag::popcorn: sure will be close enough somewhere :dontknow:( sure has fair reasons avoiding said state, pick a joke :roflblack:)

F650624
08-17-2022, 08:52 PM
email sent
Thanks

Revalden
09-22-2022, 11:31 PM
Sounds like : Meet-N-Greet road trip:riding::riding::doorag::popcorn: sure will be close enough somewhere :dontknow:( sure has fair reasons avoiding said state, pick a joke :roflblack:)

If you can get over here to Claremore, Ok, just northeast to Tulsa, I'll turn off your D.E.S.S for ya.

FireEater
09-24-2022, 10:12 AM
I am new to the Spyder world.

Why disable the DESS? What are the issues with it?

BLUEKNIGHT911
09-24-2022, 10:50 AM

:welcome: .... Starting in 2014 BRP changed the DESS module system .... and it wasn't for the better .... the original one worked almost flawlessly ..... The DESS failures have lessened , however it's still not perfect ...... It can be fixed / repaired DIY for about $ 140.00. .... or find someone who has an advanced BUDS program and they do it in about 5 min. ...... The DESS is part of the Security system .... IMHO it's not needed ..... good luck ..... Mike

Peter Aawen
09-24-2022, 11:09 AM

Check this thread out, it might help you get an idea of what a pain in the **** it can be!

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?84651-D-E-S-S-Key-code-again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

daveschulz
10-08-2022, 01:51 PM
We have also found that the only reliable fix for this is to disable the DESS in BUDS. We had this problem with our 2020 F3 SE6 Limited. Dealer replaced the DESS and the antenna but problem returned. After third time trailering the bike to the dealer we requested that they disable the DESS, which is a redundant security system anyway. This solved the problem. It is unconscionable that a company with the resources and expertise of BRP cannot get this right.

Deanna777
10-08-2022, 02:35 PM
Check this thread out, it might help you get an idea of what a pain in the **** it can be!

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?84651-D-E-S-S-Key-code-again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peter Aawen,

Thanks for posting the link.

Deanna

IGETAROUND
10-08-2022, 05:39 PM
If you can get over here to Claremore, Ok, just northeast to Tulsa, I'll turn off your D.E.S.S for ya.

Does this offer hold into 2023???

Al in Kazoo