PDA

View Full Version : BRP still shipping out '22s?

earache
08-10-2022, 06:19 PM
I've been lusting after a Spyder RT for a few years now and finally made the decision to get serious. Went to my local dealer and not surprisingly there were no Spyders or Rykers available. Same with the next closest dealer 60 miles away. My local dealer was sympathetic and mentioned that he had several '22 RTs incoming, but could not give me an ETA. He said he's had a ton of interest in Spyders this year and is able to sell them as soon as they come in. I put a deposit down on a S2S, sight unseen and without having ridden one. I was worried I'd miss out and have to wait for the '23s. That, and I really don't like the color of the '23 S2S. So now I'm wondering about all those folks who have been waiting for their bikes for months and still don't have them, and I'm wondering if I missed the boat. Do you think BRP will still be fulfilling dealer orders for '22s or will they just shift to making '23s? Thanks for any insight.

newdave
08-11-2022, 07:35 AM
I was in your shoes about a month ago. Even if they aren't shipping '22s, I hear (from this forum) that they will convert an order to a '23 with a rebate for the cost difference.

He said, she said...:dontknow:

budvoss
08-12-2022, 05:10 PM
I waited close to 4 months to get my 22 RT ... I feel bad for the dealers that get told parts are coming soon, they tell the buyer that, and then the parts still dont show up... Covid sure messed things up!

Wmoater
08-12-2022, 08:07 PM
I was in your shoes about a month ago. Even if they aren't shipping '22s, I hear (from this forum) that they will convert an order to a '23 with a rebate for the cost difference.

He said, she said...:dontknow:

That’s what they did with the sleds last season. So I expect them to follow suit with Spyders. Roll the deposit over and give $500 off. If you look at the Spyder lines with missing parts, it is exactly what they did last season with the sleds. At least most of the parts came, from what I understand with the Spyders, unlike guys who still haven’t received their parts on sleds. The sled production line started July 20th. It’s 20 days later than expected. BRP is already sending out 2 week later notices for sleds. I know this as a fact since of the 4 of us in a group 2 got notices each that their new series 2023 mountain sled will be delivered a minimum of 14-21 days after their expected delivery due to late startup. I don’t know this for sure but I imagine the 2022 spyder production is done. Probably making whatever is left over parts and switching lines. The sleds have 2 lines for sure. The new generation and the previous generation series along with the 4-5 different series models. So watch the sled line this winter and it will be a good indication for the spyder line next spring and summer. This past spyder season 2022 mirrored the winter 2022 sled production.

Woodswoman
08-13-2022, 12:40 PM
My local dealership, Arctic Adventures in Rosendale, New York, has *just* gotten in all the '22s they ordered last year. Just in time for the 'reveal of the 2023 models.

Jesster72
08-15-2022, 08:25 AM
My advice is to keep trying. With zero communication from my dealer about my pre-ordered RTL, I called around dealerships and found a '22 S2S complete with no reserve on it. Bought it over the phone then cancelled my pre-order (with penalty). So, that being said, there may be units out there that are a) not reserved and waiting for a call at the right time, or b) reserved units that the buyer backed out of........

You may get lucky.