PDA

View Full Version : Need Warranty work done - should I remove mods first?

Bjleo
07-31-2022, 06:11 PM
I have Slingmods light kit on my bike and some T-Rex fab tie rides. I'm starting to get codes on my bike limp mode and lost all power. Getting ready to take my bike to the shop. Should I remove the lights, Exhaust, and tie rods before I take it in?

EdMat
07-31-2022, 06:33 PM
Can you figure out a way that they might be involved causing the limp mode and codes? If not I would not worry about it.

AtomicEd
08-03-2022, 06:50 PM
Depends on your relationship with the dealer. We're not on the best of terms, so some of my mods come off.

jtoro1
08-03-2022, 07:43 PM
They can only void your warranty if your mods have to do with a defect, most likely electrical. Tell us what codes you have. I would not remove the exhaust or the tie rods, that stuff has nothing to do with whatever problem you might have...

BryanSD
08-04-2022, 05:19 PM
They can only void your warranty if your mods have to do with a defect, most likely electrical. Tell us what codes you have. I would not remove the exhaust or the tie rods, that stuff has nothing to do with whatever problem you might have...

Agree with this statement, year, model, and codes would help. If the codes are related to the mod then it might be good to remove the mod and see if the codes clear on their own. If the codes aren't related...your mods shouldn't be a factor. The only mods I remove are the ones I want to protect from anyone that may be careless while it is getting serviced.