PDA

View Full Version : anyone sell their Spyder?

wolfshead1
10-18-2009, 04:03 PM
Has anyone here sold or tried to sell their Spyder?I was just wondering what the market was like.If there was any demand for a used Spyder.I have been watching Ebay some are getting reasonable bids.

I know the economy is soft butmy bikes and other toys usually sell fast.

Getting close to being a Spyder owner and wondering what to expect.

thanks,
wolfshead1

Dragonrider
10-18-2009, 04:16 PM
Don't know what it's like in your neck of the woods - here, it's dead. Bike prices are off 30%, if they sell at all...

Smylinacha
10-18-2009, 04:29 PM
I'd get 10K for mine - that's not too bad. I didn't sink a whole lot of $$ into it though.

Roaddog2
10-18-2009, 04:39 PM
Has anyone here sold or tried to sell their Spyder?I was just wondering what the market was like.If there was any demand for a used Spyder.I have been watching Ebay some are getting reasonable bids.

I know the economy is soft butmy bikes and other toys usually sell fast.

Getting close to being a Spyder owner and wondering what to expect.

thanks,
wolfshead112K you can take mine away Best warranty just purchased transferable all services done bushtech hitch NMN goodies all over HID kits fender tip lights and much more all maint up to date PM if intrested.

WackyDan
10-18-2009, 04:41 PM
No better time than now to buy. I bought mine new in April 09. I got a pretty nice deal thanks to the economy being crappy.

sleepman
10-18-2009, 04:47 PM
I got $10k for mine on trade, not too bad I though. Of course the dealer went out of business shortly there after.

Sarge707
10-18-2009, 05:04 PM
I got $10k for mine on trade, not too bad I though. Of course the dealer went out of business shortly there after.
Although Texas is Hotter than CT its probably the best time to get a real deal on a leftover 09. Offer real Low and OTD and see what you get. Every month it doesn,t sell the Dealer pays BRP Interest on it. :dontknow::spyder2:

Roaddog2
10-18-2009, 05:18 PM
I got $10k for mine on trade, not too bad I though. Of course the dealer went out of business shortly there after.Thats what a dealer told me today also 12k and I'll take there Triglide off there hands :ani29:

Firefly
10-18-2009, 05:24 PM
You can still find NEW 2008 Spyders for 11,300 out there from dealers----

I've easily got $21K into mine and wouldn't expect to get over $10K if I sold it. Toys like this depreciate big time during the first year.

NancysToy
10-18-2009, 06:30 PM
I've easily got $21K into mine and wouldn't expect to get over $10K if I sold it. Toys like this depreciate big time during the first year.
One thing we have to remember. Any accessories or modifications are lost money if you sell. You almost never get any return on them. Your OTD costs include taxes, registration, and title transfer, too, and those costs are not recoverable. Book prices are generally derived strictly from the original MSRP fo most makes and models of motorcycles. If we sell, we are taking a big hit early on, but not as much as we often think, since we are comparing to the original $15K price, not the $21K we might have invested.

Dragonrider
10-18-2009, 07:00 PM
Return it to stock - then sell the accessories on E-bay. You'll end up with more cash.

IE: GIVI bags worth $0 on a trade, but you could get $400 for them as a re-sale....

Firefly
10-18-2009, 07:11 PM
One thing we have to remember. Any accessories or modifications are lost money if you sell. You almost never get any return on them. Your OTD costs include taxes, registration, and title transfer, too, and those costs are not recoverable. Book prices are generally derived strictly from the original MSRP fo most makes and models of motorcycles. If we sell, we are taking a big hit early on, but not as much as we often think, since we are comparing to the original $15K price, not the $21K we might have invested.

Yupper-- I agree. I buy all of my accessories for ME to use---- knowing full well I won't get the money back --- actually I look at my whole Spyder purchase that way. I bought it for my enjoyment --- not the next owner---- if there ever is one.

Arachnid
10-18-2009, 08:10 PM
Nope not me.
But if I were, Looks like I would probably get 1/2 of what I paid for it last October with ad ons = $10,000 - maybe $12. :shocked:
If your looking to buy - now is Probably the time.

Mike

timpani
10-18-2009, 08:49 PM
I got $14,000 for mine on ebay. It would have gone higher if I had not put a sell it now price on the audtion. There was alot of interest.

jlb
10-18-2009, 09:02 PM
wouldn't consider selling. Of course I only bought mine 8 days ago. I paid $11K for a 2008, trunk liner,extended warranty & some added exhaust (hindle maybe?). It only has 2500 miles on it. Is it a great buy? I don't know but i'm happy with it & it made it possible to get my spyder 6 months before i'd planned to.

NancysToy
10-18-2009, 09:17 PM
Yupper-- I agree. I buy all of my accessories for ME to use---- knowing full well I won't get the money back --- actually I look at my whole Spyder purchase that way. I bought it for my enjoyment --- not the next owner---- if there ever is one.
Very true words! Maybe that is why my garage is stuffed full of motorcycles. :roflblack:

Firefly
10-18-2009, 10:12 PM
Very true words! Maybe that is why my garage is stuffed full of motorcycles. :roflblack:

Speaking of that--- have you heard when you'll at least be able to go and see an RT at the dealer???

It would be worth going to see you check it out for the first time --- your eyes are gonna be WIDE the whole time --- not to mention your smile.

It really is an amazing piece of machine!

BRPjunkie
10-18-2009, 10:15 PM
Anyone figure what the chop shop value of a Spyder would be? Rather than sell it whole, offer it on SpyderLovers for spare parts. It could be the US parts warehouse everyone has been asking for. At least there would be one of every part available which is more than dealers can say. :D

NancysToy
10-19-2009, 07:26 AM
Speaking of that--- have you heard when you'll at least be able to go and see an RT at the dealer???

It would be worth going to see you check it out for the first time --- your eyes are gonna be WIDE the whole time --- not to mention your smile.

It really is an amazing piece of machine!
No word yet. Other dealers are saying they will have a demo by October or November. Leaders says mid-December. Not looking good. I hope they don't delay until I chicken out. I still feel guilty.

Anyone figure what the chop shop value of a Spyder would be? Rather than sell it whole, offer it on SpyderLovers for spare parts. It could be the US parts warehouse everyone has been asking for. At least there would be one of every part available which is more than dealers can say. :D
Let's not open that can of worms...unless we are selling security systems on the side. :D

M2Wild
10-19-2009, 10:55 AM
wouldn't consider selling. Of course I only bought mine 8 days ago. I paid $11K for a 2008, trunk liner,extended warranty & some added exhaust (hindle maybe?). It only has 2500 miles on it. Is it a great buy? I don't know but i'm happy with it & it made it possible to get my spyder 6 months before i'd planned to.
welcome If you are happy with it, then its a great buy. Price wise, you are in the ball park (that means you didn't get ripped off).