PDA

View Full Version : Lidlox Trouble - lock cylinders will not engage?! Any ideas?

Tango
07-30-2022, 10:58 AM
Bought Lidlox. Have them installed. Watched video several times. My lock cylinders will not engage. They come partly out. Not enough to engage the hanger. Have removed and installed several times to no avail. Hoping someone else went through this. Ideas?

oldguyinTX
07-30-2022, 12:55 PM
Did you tighten the small allen screw on the bottom of the assembly after installing the key barrel? If so, and it still doesn't work as you described, I would give them a call. I have found them to be very helpful, and they stand behind their product. One of my Lidlox key barrels failed after about 4 years, I called them to order a replacement barrel fully expecting to pay for it, they sent me two new barrels keyed to my original keys at no charge.

Tango
07-30-2022, 02:32 PM
Did you tighten the small allen screw on the bottom of the assembly after installing the key barrel? If so, and it still doesn't work as you described, I would give them a call. I have found them to be very helpful, and they stand behind their product. One of my Lidlox key barrels failed after about 4 years, I called them to order a replacement barrel fully expecting to pay for it, they sent me two new barrels keyed to my original keys at no charge.

I tightened the set screw. It's as if the peg isn't long enough. Will give Lamonter Garage a call Monday morning. :thumbup: Tom :spyder:

Tango
07-30-2022, 03:25 PM
Success! :ohyea: Tried one last time. It wasn't tightened down completely. I had to put tension on the key like I was taking it out. While screwing it in. It tightened right up. I feel like a spanked ass. Something so simple. Now a happy customer! :thumbup: Tom :spyder:

Bfromla
07-30-2022, 04:32 PM
Glad is fixed:2thumbs: still another +1 for the customer services. Had 1 lock fail & some cosmetic issues on 1 (maybe the same 1 , nowhere near at same time ) quick email & was remedied with out any hassles :firstplace::yes: