PDA

View Full Version : Check Engine Scroll

porboy
10-16-2009, 10:09 AM
Ok, any suggestions?:dontknow: Out riding yesterday with a buddy. Stopped for a bite to eat, then we topped off the gas tank, drove about another 50 miles or so, stopped for a p-p break. Coming home I noticed the CHECK ENGINE SCROLL. Checked it, engine was still there. Was not over heating. Oil level was fine. Re-seated the gas cap, not sure why, pushed in the fuse panel, again not sure why. Started it up, no CHECK ENGINE SCROLL.:dontknow:
Any suggestions on why the scroll came on?

FANG
10-16-2009, 10:36 AM
check relays in the fuse bax and make sure they are seated well.

NancysToy
10-16-2009, 10:50 AM
We've seen that a couple of times, with no problems, too. So have some friends. If you happen by the dealer they may find a historic code. Sometimes there is none. If it doesn't happen again, I wouldn't worry. Could be loose battery terminals, low battery charge, crud or raw fuel passing the O2 sensor, some other sensor or vacuum issue, or something else. Usually a fleeting problem that clears itself. If it gets frequent, or doesn't clear, see your dealer and they can hook it to BUDS and check the codes.

jabba11
10-16-2009, 11:30 AM
:agree:quote=NancysToy;151209]We've seen that a couple of times, with no problems, too. So have some friends. If you happen by the dealer they may find a historic code. Sometimes there is none. If it doesn't happen again, I wouldn't worry. Could be loose battery terminals, low battery charge, crud or raw fuel passing the O2 sensor, some other sensor or vacuum issue, or something else. Usually a fleeting problem that clears itself. If it gets frequent, or doesn't clear, see your dealer and they can hook it to BUDS and check the codes.[/quote]

Roaddog2
10-16-2009, 12:12 PM
Ok, any suggestions?:dontknow: Out riding yesterday with a buddy. Stopped for a bite to eat, then we topped off the gas tank, drove about another 50 miles or so, stopped for a p-p break. Coming home I noticed the CHECK ENGINE SCROLL. Checked it, engine was still there. Was not over heating. Oil level was fine. Re-seated the gas cap, not sure why, pushed in the fuse panel, again not sure why. Started it up, no CHECK ENGINE SCROLL.:dontknow:
Any suggestions on why the scroll came on?Stop starring at it :yikes::joke: