PDA

View Full Version : Looks like I'll get my RT back on the 29th

Lamonster
10-16-2009, 02:17 AM
Got a call yesterday that they are shipping the demo units on Monday. I forgot to ask if that was dealer units and the road crew units or just the road crew units. I know the road crew will be getting theirs for demo rides.

Mine will be shipping to my house and I hope I don't have to ride it out of that truck. :shocked: Looks like I'm getting number 18 back as they don't have a SE ready for me yet.

I'm looking forward to spending some more time on it and doing some ride reports. I'll let you know how it goes. :doorag:

dave01
10-16-2009, 02:46 AM
Thats good news. Cant wait to hear more ride reports. See ya around the Can-am/NMN area later today. Time for a quick nap before i leave...LOL

BumbleBee
10-16-2009, 03:57 AM
That's great news :2thumbs:

NancysToy
10-16-2009, 07:42 AM
:thumbup: Good news on the demo units. I hope to see one in the flesh soon. Unfortunately, the road crews are unlikely to be near Michigan, or anywhere up north, in the immediate future. I don't know if BRP just publicizes the demo rides less, or there are actually fewer of them, but there haven't been any around here in a long time, that I know of.

I heartily agree on the perils of riding that thing out of the truck. Time for a come-along and a snatch strap. Going up is bad enough, but backing down. Ay Caramba!

Looking forward to the renewed ride reports. Until I can plop my butt on one at the dealer, or until mine comes in, I must live vicariously through the RT5.

lawrenc454
10-16-2009, 09:07 AM
My suggestion is to have it delivered to a commercial trucking facility. They can back up to the dock and you can ride off flat. All of the ones I have been to have a concrete off ramp from the dock to the ground level that would accommodate the Sypder and it allowed me to get my K1200LT with the big Hannigan sidecar off the dock with no problem. Have fun and thanks for the great info, photos/videos and articles.

tatt2r
10-16-2009, 09:28 AM
great news ....:2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:enjoy

Roaddog2
10-16-2009, 11:27 AM
:2thumbs:

8LEGS
10-16-2009, 11:32 AM
:2thumbs:

Big Arm
10-16-2009, 11:33 AM
:congrats: Waiting to hear more ride reports.

SpyderRider2492
10-16-2009, 12:05 PM
Glad to see that you are getting the RT back and look forward to your continuing comments, its great to have an independent review on the product prior to the full release.

I am kinda on the fence at this time (my spouse is looking for more comfort in the back seat and pegs which I believe this has) with ordering one and I have always looked to your reviews as non bias as they can be. I really enjoy my Spyder at this time, it came just at the right time for me there is plenty of time to win me back to place the order. Good luck with backing it out out the van/rig.

ntxYguy2009
10-16-2009, 12:29 PM
Glad to hear that you will be getting the RT back! :yes:

Extracool
10-16-2009, 02:11 PM
Lamonte, I am glad to hear you are getting your RT back, we all know you wil tell us the Good, the Bad, the Ugly and thats why we seek your knowledge, because you do not sugar coat anything, Tell It Like It Is, thanks for your great site.:congrats:

hawkiii
10-16-2009, 07:28 PM
Very cool that the RT is coming back to you. Can't wait for new reports! :congrats:

DannyS
10-16-2009, 07:33 PM
Good News Lamont. We just got some new GEM electric units for our maintenance department. We hired a Flatbed Wrecker who set his bed down in the back of the truck we drove on the the bed then he pulled forward lowered the back to the ground and we just backed off.
Did they give you any info on the changes they made?:2thumbs:

q-brrr
10-17-2009, 09:19 AM
In case anybody is going to be in the south Louisiana area October 23-25th. New Orleans Power Sports and Lafayette Power Sports are sponsoring the BRP Demo ride tour(RTs and RSs) at the www.neworleansbikefest.com (http://www.neworleansbikefest.com/). The fest will be in the Bayou Segnette state park. There will be music, stunt bikes, leather and clothing sales too. Links to sign up for the demo ride are at www.neworleanspowersports.com (http://www.neworleanspowersports.com/) and www.lafayettepowersports.com (http://www.lafayettepowersports.com/) .:yes:

northramp
10-17-2009, 09:14 PM
Lamont ...Are u getting the same unit back?/

ZOSO
10-18-2009, 01:40 AM
In case anybody is going to be in the south Louisiana area October 23-25th. New Orleans Power Sports and Lafayette Power Sports are sponsoring the BRP Demo ride tour(RTs and RSs) at the www.neworleansbikefest.com (http://www.neworleansbikefest.com/). The fest will be in the Bayou Segnette state park. There will be music, stunt bikes, leather and clothing sales too. Links to sign up for the demo ride are at www.neworleanspowersports.com (http://www.neworleanspowersports.com/) and www.lafayettepowersports.com (http://www.lafayettepowersports.com/) .:yes:
Thanks for the heads up.

JimAlpha
10-18-2009, 08:45 AM
Try this. Meet somewhere close to the tow truck place and they do it for free or pretty cheap. May not work with a 18 Wheeler.

http://www.fleetsaleswest.com/photos/International_4300_163_0.jpg (http://www.fleetsaleswest.com/photos/International_4300_163_0.jpg)

Lamonster
10-24-2009, 08:49 AM
I'm now told I will have the RT back on the 29th with a trailer. :2thumbs: Looking forward to giving you guys a review of it too seeing I have thousands of miles towing a trailer with my RS.

northramp
10-24-2009, 09:06 AM
Excellent Lamont !

:2thumbs::2thumbs:

bjt
10-24-2009, 09:40 AM
I'm now told I will have the RT back on the 29th with a trailer. :2thumbs: Looking forward to giving you guys a review of it too seeing I have thousands of miles towing a trailer with my RS.

SE too? :popcorn:

Lamonster
10-24-2009, 09:58 AM
SE too? :popcorn:

Nope, and I'm not sure why other than it may be a customs thing. They already went through all the hoops to get this one in the country and maybe it's too much hassle to swap it out. :dontknow:

lawrenc454
10-24-2009, 03:21 PM
1. How is the horn(s) and are they strong or weak like most bikes?
2. Lighting compared to the GS and other bikes you ride/riden? From the side? Outside of the head lights and tail lights are there other lights visible from the sides or are they all reflectors - hard to tell from the photos?
3. What is your accessory wish list that doesn't come from the OEM? (you mentioned highway pegs in one of your videos)
4. There is a 12V outlet at the dash for the driver or is that a headset connector? There is another outlet in the trunk? Is there an outlet near or for the passenger?
5. Does the glove box on top of the tank lock with the bike or is it always unlocked?
6. Has the size of the front end been enough to trigger the in-street signals for traffic lights or would you add a Green Light Trigger?

Thanks for you videos, photos and commentary. Looking forward to your next ones with the trailer in tow.:2thumbs:

Lamonster
10-26-2009, 07:47 AM
1. How is the horn(s) and are they strong or weak like most bikes?
Don't think I ever used it but I'll check when I get it back.

2. Lighting compared to the GS and other bikes you ride/riden? From the side? Outside of the head lights and tail lights are there other lights visible from the sides or are they all reflectors - hard to tell from the photos?
After running with HID's on my Spyder I can tell you the RT is in need of some HID's and front fender lights. I'm sure Magic Man will have those soon.

3. What is your accessory wish list that doesn't come from the OEM? (you mentioned highway pegs in one of your videos)
Drivers Backrest, Passenger Arm Rest, Universal GPS mount, Adjustable Handlebars, Driver Floor Boards

4. There is a 12V outlet at the dash for the driver or is that a headset connector? There is another outlet in the trunk? Is there an outlet near or for the passenger?
There is no 12v outlet on the dash. I wish there was one in the glovebox. That is a headset connector. The only 12v outlet is in the rear trunk.

5. Does the glove box on top of the tank lock with the bike or is it always unlocked?
It will lock with the handlebar lock.

6. Has the size of the front end been enough to trigger the in-street signals for traffic lights or would you add a Green Light Trigger?
Haven't found that to be an issue so far.

dave01
10-26-2009, 07:55 AM
As always, thanks for all of the information you have provided to us for the RTS. Cant wait for the reviews with the trailer setup. :2thumbs::2thumbs:

Director
10-26-2009, 08:41 AM
Try this. Meet somewhere close to the tow truck place and they do it for free or pretty cheap. May not work with a 18 Wheeler.

http://www.fleetsaleswest.com/photos/International_4300_163_0.jpg (http://www.fleetsaleswest.com/photos/International_4300_163_0.jpg)

It will work with an 18-wheeler. That is exactly how we unloaded the demo Spyder that BRP provided to the London Police Service in August. :thumbup:

Bruce

Bersquack
10-26-2009, 08:47 AM
Good News! :thumbup:

lawrenc454
10-26-2009, 02:37 PM
You added to my to buy and do list.;)

Yspyder
10-27-2009, 09:10 AM
We are waiting to test ride the RT next week. Can't wait to see it and try it out. I hear thet they should be availbale in Canada very soon. I hope to keep you posted.:2thumbs:

Lamonster
10-27-2009, 09:25 AM
:congrats:andwelcome

We are waiting to test ride the RT next week. Can't wait to see it and try it out. I hear thet they should be availbale in Canada very soon. I hope to keep you posted.:2thumbs:

michaels cycle
10-27-2009, 08:17 PM
You added to my to buy and do list.;)

There's a big difference.

To do list sometimes requires work, as like around the house.
To buy list sometimes cost you thousands..........:yikes:

Director
10-27-2009, 08:20 PM
There's a big difference.

To do list sometimes requires work, as like around the house.
To buy list sometimes cost you thousands..........:yikes:

:roflblack::agree: Words of wisdom! I have never found a shortage of things "to buy"!

SpyderWolf
10-27-2009, 08:39 PM
I am looking forward to your reports Lamont, especially with the trailer.