PDA

View Full Version : Call from dealer

Dwight
10-15-2009, 11:24 AM
I'd pretty much decided that we would go to the Dallas motorcycle show to get a look at the RT-S. When I got home from work yesterday I had a message from Reno's Powersports in KC MO. I called them back and in our conversation he remarked that they would have a Demo RT + Trailer either the first or second week of November. Guess we'll stay home! He wouldn't say if it could be a riding demo, probably not. He did say that they would own the demo unit. Missus is pretty excited about it (so am I). We still have two HD trikes to sell, so I haven't decided if I will put down a deposit yet or not. She kinda likes the blue but said she would like to see the black one also. Guess we'll just have to wait and see!

Dwight

Smylinacha
10-15-2009, 07:40 PM
What kind of HD trikes do you have?

I'd pretty much decided that we would go to the Dallas motorcycle show to get a look at the RT-S. When I got home from work yesterday I had a message from Reno's Powersports in KC MO. I called them back and in our conversation he remarked that they would have a Demo RT + Trailer either the first or second week of November. Guess we'll stay home! He wouldn't say if it could be a riding demo, probably not. He did say that they would own the demo unit. Missus is pretty excited about it (so am I). We still have two HD trikes to sell, so I haven't decided if I will put down a deposit yet or not. She kinda likes the blue but said she would like to see the black one also. Guess we'll just have to wait and see!

Dwight

Dwight
10-16-2009, 08:23 AM
Smylinacha,

Love that name!
I have an 07 Ultra Classic/CSC Trike and also an 09 Tri-Glide. I wouldn't mind hanging on to the 07 (it's paid for) but realisticlly I don't need two trikes. My SO isn't interested in riding (driving) one. If you're interested I can send you more info.

Thanks
Dwight

Electrified
10-22-2009, 03:22 PM

Dwight

Wild West Honda near Houston is doing RT demo rides on November 14th.

Dwight
10-23-2009, 06:30 AM
Thanks for the notice. I was thinking about going to Dallas to the big Motorcycle show on November 13-14-15 just to be able to sit on and look at an RT. When the dealer called me he said they should have a demo by then (their in KC MO) so I decided I'd just wait and see it there. I'm not in a real hurry but I would like to have one for a big trip in June.

Dwight

SSG Bean
10-23-2009, 09:23 AM
If you've never dealt with Reno's before, I'll tell you they are excellent to work with. While I've never purchased anything from them, I do go there to have all my service work done on my Spyder. Very friendly, and seem to have techs that know the Spyder well. Good luck with the RT!

Dwight
10-23-2009, 01:13 PM
SSG Bean,

Thank you for the input on Reno's. Haven't had any dealings with them. I did notice that there is another dealer in North KC but I haven't heard much about them. Reno's said they would have a demo unit either the first or second week of Nov, don't know yet if it's one you can ride but at least we can put our hands on it!

Dwight

SSG Bean
10-24-2009, 10:16 AM
I live in north KC and actually purchased my spyder from Advantage in north KC. I was not impressed with their customer service and their shop personnel. They didn't do the initial set-up correctly and were not quick to fix their mistake. From then on I am willing to make the drive all the way to south KC and go to Reno's for the level of service I receive. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

frank3
10-28-2009, 12:37 PM
SSG Bean, having already ordered a RT (A&C) from Advantage in N.K.C., wish I'd ordered somewhere else. I paid my deposit in Sept. and a week ago, when I realized that delivery of the AC model will be delayed for delivery of the PE models, talked to Advantage about switching order, they as much as blew me off. Now I'm also worried about the service. I'm 65 and the Rt will be my first ride in 15 years. Was drawn to it because of the stability factor and my age. Advantage was the closest dealer. Sure hope thay exceed my expectations.

Smylinacha
10-28-2009, 01:04 PM
I like the new Streetglide Trike. I sat on the Tri Glide and although it was really nice, I felt tiny on it.

Yeah, send me the info on it. Not sure what I'm doing yet but it couldn't hurt and heck, maybe I'll win on my scratchies and I can just take it off your hands and keep my Spyder.

Smylinacha,

Love that name!
I have an 07 Ultra Classic/CSC Trike and also an 09 Tri-Glide. I wouldn't mind hanging on to the 07 (it's paid for) but realisticlly I don't need two trikes. My SO isn't interested in riding (driving) one. If you're interested I can send you more info.

Thanks
Dwight

SSG Bean
10-28-2009, 01:06 PM
SSG Bean, having already ordered a RT (A&C) from Advantage in N.K.C., wish I'd ordered somewhere else. I paid my deposit in Sept. and a week ago, when I realized that delivery of the AC model will be delayed for delivery of the PE models, talked to Advantage about switching order, they as much as blew me off. Now I'm also worried about the service. I'm 65 and the Rt will be my first ride in 15 years. Was drawn to it because of the stability factor and my age. Advantage was the closest dealer. Sure hope thay exceed my expectations.

Don't get discouraged. I was one of the first Spyders they sold, and the issues with set-up have most likely been remedied. I also understand that they were in the process of "turning over" some of their employees; particularly in the shop area. I think they have tried to make some improvements. However, once you do receive your new RT, you can always make the decision to take it somewhere else for service if you are still uncomfortable at that point. I sincerely hope it all works out in the best for you. When you do get your Spyder, let me know and we can meet for a ride. :thumbup: My wife works in St. Joe at Boehringer-Ingelheim Vetmedica, so I know it's not a terrible drive to get up there.

frank3
10-29-2009, 07:33 AM
Thanks for the reply SSG. I already feel better. Knowing that they are a large dealership, it stands to reason that they would address difficulties with service. After reading other posts on other sites, I see that if they had changed my order, they would be required to accept delivery of my initial order anyway and with the economy in the tank, thay probably wouldn't want the excess inventory. Anyway, I'm still pleased with getting the bike as I first ordered it. I wanted silver because it's easier to keep clean. The black looks great but would really show the dirt and dust. I'll keep you posted on my order and let you know when I receive the unit. Thanks again and THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE TO THE COUNTRY.