PDA

View Full Version : Asking Questions Because I don't Know? Is oil change a warranty item?

Beanz1
07-06-2022, 10:31 PM
I am putting my Ryker Rally in the shop tomorrow. My warranty expires next month and I've never had the Ryker service during the year. When I take it in tomorrow can I have them to do it while it there? I am taking it there for the fuel pump to be checked out or fixed if that's the problem. The oil has not been changed, so just wondering if I can have that done under the warranty?

SportsterDoc
07-06-2022, 10:59 PM
Maintenance, such as fluids, spark plugs, CVT belt, brake pads, tires, etc. is owner's responsibility.
Warranty covers components that fail

I first changed engine and trans after one month/1,000 miles.

Fluids came out dark, trans drain plug was almost filled with sediment.

Drain plugs almost clean, ~5,000 miles later.

Little Blue
07-07-2022, 04:12 AM
:chat:....Sorry about that, but Oil changes are not a Warranty issue.
Check out your, 'Owner Manual' for more information about your Spyder. That being said I would have your Spyder Dealer Technician Check out the necessary items for you and your unit.
Good Luck on Your Mission. .....:thumbup:

Beanz1
07-07-2022, 03:40 PM
:chat:....Sorry about that, but Oil changes are not a Warranty issue.
Check out your, 'Owner Manual' for more information about your Spyder. That being said I would have your Spyder Dealer Technician Check out the necessary items for you and your unit.
Good Luck on Your Mission. .....:thumbup: Thanks I did that today.

2dogs
07-08-2022, 12:40 AM
Don't know about the Ryker but with my RT the owner's manual had a sign off page for the first 3K oil change. The dealers' service department along with that oil change performed a safety check of the entire spyder to make sure everything was as it should be. Warranty reasons I suspect.

Little Blue
07-08-2022, 07:26 AM
Thanks I did that today.

Just wanted to know what you found out.
Hopefully all is well...... :thumbup:

Beanz1
07-09-2022, 03:48 PM
Just wanted to know what you found out.
Hopefully all is well...... :thumbup:

They said they'd give me a call in a couple of days to let me know, I'm waiting on the call...