PDA

View Full Version : BRP called me yesterday

rnet
10-14-2009, 08:25 PM
BRP called and asked me to do a survey, took about ten minutes, any body else?

Country Spyder
10-14-2009, 08:31 PM
Yeah I got one about 2 months ago. It took FOREVER!!!!!! mine was way more than 10 minutes..

Longlegs
10-14-2009, 08:32 PM
Probably not after I bashed they're website survey.

dave01
10-14-2009, 09:36 PM
Did mine last week. They asked me if I had any issues with the Spyder, so I didnt hold anything back. Lets see if the surveys do any good now...

Mo Lee
10-15-2009, 04:22 AM
Did mine last week. They asked me if I had any issues with the Spyder, so I didnt hold anything back. Lets see if the surveys do any good now...
They called me within a month before I had any issues, come to think of it, now 10 months later I still don't have any issues.

jwfranklin
10-15-2009, 04:46 AM
I got the call about a month after I got my spyder. That was almost a year ago.
From the posts at that time, I beleive this is standard pratice to get the call for the survey shortly after purchasing your spyder.
Those receiving the call recently, must not have had your spyder long.

tajohn
10-15-2009, 06:37 AM
They called us last week told them to monitor the Spyder Webs and react in a timely manner.

BRP called and asked me to do a survey, took about ten minutes, any body else?

Questions
10-15-2009, 06:56 AM
They called us last week told them to monitor the Spyder Webs and react in a timely manner.
great suggestion I WOULD SURE LIKE A CALL TO EXPRESS MY OPINION.:thumbup:As I am getting nowhere fast.

rnet
10-15-2009, 07:12 AM
I got mine six months ago. I did'nt hold back either. My basic complaint was a comfort thing, peg location, handelbar, and seat. I told them I should'nt have to spend $5,000 on a $20,000 machine to make it comfortable. I guess they have addressed this with the RT. In the end I gave them a :2thumbs:

NancysToy
10-15-2009, 07:28 AM
I got mine six months ago. I did'nt hold back either. My basic complaint was a comfort thing, peg location, handelbar, and seat. I told them I should'nt have to spend $5,000 on a $20,000 machine to make it comfortable. I guess they have addressed this with the RT. In the end I gave them a :2thumbs:
I'm afraid I disagree strongly. When you buy a motorcycle, you buy it for what it is...not what you wish it was. You would not buy a crotch rocket, then try to outfit it to ride like a cruiser. You would not buy a Harley and try to make it into a Yamaha. BRP introduced the bike for what it was, it is the rider population that has created the aftermarket and tried to change it. And yes, the RT was BRP's response to what they have observed.

I attribute this somewhat odd phenomenon to the overwhelming draw and attraction to the concept of the Spyder. Far more people are interested in the "reverse trike" platform and safety features, than in the specific bike that comes that way. People from all types of riding backgrounds...novice riders, older riders, and those with physical challenges, have all claimed it as their own. To get the Spyder platform, they must often modify it to fit their wants and needs. They have no choice (up to now). There is nothing else available in this format. Instead of complaining that the Spyder is not exactly right for us without spending extra money on accessories, we should be rejoicing that BRP had the foresight and guts to introduce it to the market in the first place, and that the aftermarket has responded by producing a variety accessories for a relatively low production vehicle.

3wheeldemon
10-15-2009, 07:59 AM
..... Far more people are interested in the "reverse trike" platform and safety features, than in the specific bike that comes that way. People from all types of riding backgrounds...novice riders, older riders, and those with physical challenges, have all claimed it as their own. To get the Spyder platform, they must often modify it to fit their wants and needs. They have no choice (up to now). There is nothing else available in this format. Instead of complaining that the Spyder is not exactly right for us without spending extra money on accessories, we should be rejoicing that BRP had the foresight and guts to introduce it to the market in the first place, and that the aftermarket has responded by producing a variety accessories for a relatively low production vehicle.

:agree:I hope other manufacturers ever get it.

3WD

Bersquack
10-15-2009, 08:02 AM
I did not get a call, but I did get a JD Powers survey in the mail not too long agao. I guess I was not worth a phone call.

docdoru
10-15-2009, 08:13 AM
I guess I was not worth a phone call.

+1 :wrong: :D

dave01
10-15-2009, 08:28 AM
+1 :wrong: :D

Doc, they probably figured you would never be home, so why try to call.LOL

GI Jane
10-15-2009, 11:52 AM
Scotty: Good remarks. :agree:

fastfraser
10-15-2009, 01:38 PM
:2thumbs: As always well put Scotty.

FANG
10-15-2009, 02:16 PM
I'm afraid I disagree strongly. When you buy a motorcycle, you buy it for what it is...not what you wish it was. You would not buy a crotch rocket, then try to outfit it to ride like a cruiser. You would not buy a Harley and try to make it into a Yamaha. BRP introduced the bike for what it was, it is the rider population that has created the aftermarket and tried to change it. And yes, the RT was BRP's response to what they have observed.

I attribute this somewhat odd phenomenon to the overwhelming draw and attraction to the concept of the Spyder. Far more people are interested in the "reverse trike" platform and safety features, than in the specific bike that comes that way. People from all types of riding backgrounds...novice riders, older riders, and those with physical challenges, have all claimed it as their own. To get the Spyder platform, they must often modify it to fit their wants and needs. They have no choice (up to now). There is nothing else available in this format. Instead of complaining that the Spyder is not exactly right for us without spending extra money on accessories, we should be rejoicing that BRP had the foresight and guts to introduce it to the market in the first place, and that the aftermarket has responded by producing a variety accessories for a relatively low production vehicle.

Very well spoken Scotty :clap::clap: :agree:

rnet
10-15-2009, 06:31 PM
I respect that you disagree, however if everyone gave them a rosie picture, then you would not see any improvements in any product and would not have an RT waiting in the wings. I will continue to state the facts and by the way, it seems you missed my last sentence.:2thumbs:

Smylinacha
10-15-2009, 06:57 PM
Yeah I got one about 2 months ago. It took FOREVER!!!!!! mine was way more than 10 minutes..

Nope, wish they would but I don't know if they even have the right #.

NancysToy
10-15-2009, 08:17 PM
I respect that you disagree, however if everyone gave them a rosy picture, then you would not see any improvements in any product and would not have an RT waiting in the wings. I will continue to state the facts and by the way, it seems you missed my last sentence.:2thumbs:
I did not miss your last sentence, and I am sorry if my response came across as sounding harsh. It was not meant that way, probably not any more than your post or interview was meant to emphasize the complaint, rather than the praise. That is my point. People are complaining loud and long about the Spyder not being exactly what they want in a motorcycle, rather than suggesting possible improvements or different models. I just want more people to remember the old phrase that you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. I did not mean to offend you in any way, just disagree with your approach. BTW, if the $15,000 Spyder had come with the comforts and features you wanted, it too would have cost $20,000 or more...like the RT.

boborgera
10-15-2009, 09:41 PM
I did not miss your last sentence, and I am sorry if my response came across as sounding harsh. It was not meant that way, probably not any more than your post or interview was meant to emphasize the complaint, rather than the praise. That is my point. People are complaining loud and long about the Spyder not being exactly what they want in a motorcycle, rather than suggesting possible improvements or different models. I just want more people to remember the old phrase that you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. I did not mean to offend you in any way, just disagree with your approach. BTW, if the $15,000 Spyder had come with the comforts and features you wanted, it too would have cost $20,000 or more...like the RT.

Down in Jersey we catch more flies with dead squirrels.

:roflblack:

zeebill
10-15-2009, 11:35 PM
I did not miss your last sentence, and I am sorry if my response came across as sounding harsh. It was not meant that way, probably not any more than your post or interview was meant to emphasize the complaint, rather than the praise. That is my point. People are complaining loud and long about the Spyder not being exactly what they want in a motorcycle, rather than suggesting possible improvements or different models. I just want more people to remember the old phrase that you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. I did not mean to offend you in any way, just disagree with your approach. BTW, if the $15,000 Spyder had come with the comforts and features you wanted, it too would have cost $20,000 or more...like the RT. I will by the way greatly surprised if the RT with options is not $30,000 or more and like closer to the 3 wheeled Harley!

I too got a phone survey about a week ago and they told me they would share my answers with my dealer. I guess they will not be talking to me anymore and I need to get a new place to find service.

While I agree with some of Scotty's thoughts I also believe the squeeky wheel gets the oil too. They asked a million questions about my dealers service and my major gripes have been about their support of the dealer with tech and training. They still don't get it! They are trying to improve a dealer who does the best he can with poor parts availability, poor tech support that takes forever to reach, and a dealer network that is ever shrinking and at times hundreds of miles away when you need them.

I am baffled by the fact they brought a new model out when they can't properly support and back the current one out now. What am I missing here? Better yet what are they completely ignoring like an ostrich with their head buried in the sand? It seems to be more like we will solve the problems by not addressing them! They indeed would make equals to some of our current politicians in Washington and elsewhere.

They certainly solve problems in a non-serving way to my way of thinking and I am not a happy camper when I have to travel 2680 miles in a U-haul with the bike in the back broken to find a dealer I think I can trust. I called the dealer the other day to check and see if the second filter for the SE5 models has come it yet and the answer was not yet. That is over two months now dealers in Oregon, Wyoming, and West Virginia where I have tried to get them have been back ordered. If that isn't ridiculous I don't know what is?

OK I am cranked up but for good reason and surveys like they used simply did not address the problem. When I talked to the nice lady at consumer services her answer was they were not aware they had a problem with dealers reaching techline services. One dealer flat told me he can't pay a mechanic to spend an hour or more on the phone trying to get through and then get a sketchy answer at best to solve a problem they are not even aware of or know how to isolate. The old ostrich with head in sand or a good politicians answer was sure showing through a bit. They need more than a bit of redirection of effort and admital of what their problems really are and then the honesty to really address them. Ok I vented my spleen for the night and I am off to try and sleep on it and see if it seems any more acceptable in the morning. Bill :yikes:

3tracs
01-06-2010, 11:12 PM
Around 7pm this evening. It was for a BRP customer satifaction survey and asked if I would be willing to participate.

After going through all the questions, they asked me if I read any online forums, and if so what percentage rate? I said the only one I use is spyderlovers.com, and the guy replied "well you know we have the Spyder Ryder community online?" and I was like "oh, yea... haven't been their in months... I use spyderlovers.com."

I guess you should have been there... played out funnier in real time. :p

Anyways, it was nice to get the call. When asked about any concerns, I mentioned the DPS situation that many owners are having, but otherwise I love my Spyder!

SpyderWolf
01-07-2010, 06:46 AM
I got the call a few weeks ago, and it appears my conversation went about the same way yours did.

groundeffect
01-07-2010, 07:14 AM
They called me within a month before I had any issues, come to think of it, now 10 months later I still don't have any issues.

That is refreshing to hear. Thank you for posting.

aubierules
01-07-2010, 09:34 AM
Down in Jersey we catch more flies with dead squirrels.

:roflblack:
:roflblack::roflblack:

Roger
01-08-2010, 02:59 PM
I know your bike and i have sat on it you turned it into a very comfortable ride. Those Floorboards make a big difference. Now to get your son to come to the darkside.