PDA

View Full Version : Insta360 One RS Camera - 1st ride

SgtRay
06-12-2022, 08:07 PM
1st Test of my new Insta360 One RS. Still working on the sound.

https://youtu.be/Tlrip8uzWPc

JohnRuckus
10-12-2022, 09:33 AM
How are you liking the camera and setup?

SgtRay
10-12-2022, 11:24 AM
I love it I've worked out the sound problems and everything. I've done another video video even have an overlay Valley of speed direction and everything else

larryd
10-12-2022, 03:25 PM
Nice Video...NOT A HILL ANYWHERE...NO GREEN GRASS...NOT EVEN WEEDS...THANKS FOR THE RIDE...ENJOYED IT...larryd

SgtRay
10-12-2022, 03:30 PM
Nice Video...NOT A HILL ANYWHERE...NO GREEN GRASS...NOT EVEN WEEDS...THANKS FOR THE RIDE...ENJOYED IT...larryd

Lol I know I know.... LOL
But there was a mountain there. I did a vid later going up it with the new mic setup.

https://youtu.be/jTdfzOLtXhE

old Timer
10-13-2022, 08:33 AM
How in the world does that work in allowing the vid to scroll????????????

Being the Dummy with digital tech that I am.................completely Gobsmacked.........:hun: :dontknow:

SgtRay
10-13-2022, 02:07 PM
It's done with what they call a 360 camera. It has a lens on both sides of the camera. This way when you produce the vid it will show from any direction, from any lens that got the shot

SgtRay
10-13-2022, 03:34 PM
If you want to know more try this

https://youtu.be/PzzT9phJwNY

JohnRuckus
10-06-2023, 12:48 AM
I bought one. Awaiting delivery. This is your fault! LOL

SgtRay
10-06-2023, 03:13 AM
LOL I am so, so, sorry... But I do hope you enjoy it! And I hope to see a video really soon

JohnRuckus
10-06-2023, 05:44 AM
Thanks! I think I'll also try mounting on the left side of the handlebar. Have you mounted it in other places?

RayBJ
10-06-2023, 10:49 AM
Now if only I had time to edit the videos down to small snippets that others would watch without falling asleep! :yikes:

SgtRay
10-06-2023, 11:18 AM
Thanks! I think I'll also try mounting on the left side of the handlebar. Have you mounted it in other places?

With the mounting system I have I can attach it to anywhere the jaw of the claw can grab

Now if only I had time to edit the videos down to small snippets that others would watch without falling asleep! :yikes:

LOL start off by doing a test clip that's about 2 minutes long and then go from there LOL

NorwegianRT
10-06-2023, 12:08 PM
Darn it, you made me go buy one online !:roflblack:

My GoPro will be for scuba only from now on :2thumbs:

SgtRay
10-06-2023, 01:30 PM
LOL LOL I am again so sorry. I will try to avoid that in the future LOL But again can't wait to see some of the videos LOL

NorwegianRT
10-06-2023, 03:12 PM
LOL LOL I am again so sorry. I will try to avoid that in the future LOL But again can't wait to see some of the videos LOL

No worries sir, too bad the riding season is on it's end over here and weather is wet and windy, but I am sure there will be a couple of days in between that will be rideable :popcorn:
Have a wonderfull weekend.

SgtRay
10-06-2023, 04:05 PM
I truly love it. It's nice to see somebody else do it because I don't have any nice scenery to film where I am. Just make sure you get at least 2 different lenses so you have some flexibility in what you do. I even have the powered selfie stick which allows me to have an additional battery if I were to walk around and film something. Also if you don't plug in adapter into the side of it and that little hatch cover is closed the whole unit is water resistant.

JohnRuckus
10-06-2023, 08:06 PM
Darn it, you made me go buy one online !:roflblack:

My GoPro will be for scuba only from now on :2thumbs:

I hope you saw my reply posted on another thread (see below). A youtuber has an affiliate link that I used to get a free extra battery if buying directly from Insta360.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?156123-What-s-the-Best-camera-choice-for-2019-RTL-and-2023-S2S-amp-mount-point&p=1687971#post1687971

SgtRay
10-06-2023, 11:23 PM
And you don't have to keep the 360 format either. Even when filmed with the 360 lens the vid can be put out in 2d format after it was filmed. When it's done that way, you get to pick where, and where it looks. You can even zoom in and out.

This vid was done with the 360 lens so I wouldn't miss anything. When I got home, I used the Insta software to frame it where I wanted. They have so many ways to do the framing.

https://youtu.be/N2Q0AljPO2k

So all I had to do was carry it. I didn't have to worry about aiming it.

Peter Aawen
10-06-2023, 11:35 PM
And you don't have to keep the 360 format either. Even when filmed with the 360 lens the vid can be put out in 2d format after it was filmed. When it's done that way, you get to pick where, and where it looks. You can even zoom in and out.

This vid was done with the 360 lens so I wouldn't miss anything. When I got home, I used the Insta software to frame it where I wanted. They have so many ways to do the framing.

Nice vid! :thumbup:

Clearly an Astronaut or Rocket Engineer in the making! :yes:

Oh, and some good editing too. :opps:

:rolleyes: :clap:

NorwegianRT
10-07-2023, 02:55 AM
I hope you saw my reply posted on another thread (see below). A youtuber has an affiliate link that I used to get a free extra battery if buying directly from Insta360.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?156123-What-s-the-Best-camera-choice-for-2019-RTL-and-2023-S2S-amp-mount-point&p=1687971#post1687971

I saw it, but totaly forgot to check it out :banghead: I found a webshop here in Norway that has a sale on the RS right now, so I ordered the camera and remote for now. Monday I will go to a local store to check out some Ram mount options. :thumbup:

NorwegianRT
10-07-2023, 03:06 AM

Great video :2thumbs:

Hope it is in my mailbox real soon. :D

NorwegianRT
10-13-2023, 04:43 AM
Just got my 360 RS and unpacked it :ohyea:
Turns out I got a little misslead by the webshops "Insta One 360 RS camera", cause what I ordered was the standard one, and that is not a 360 cam at all. :gaah:
So now I have to buy the unit with the two lenses seperatly and that makes the total a little more expensive. Another hard lesson :banghead:

SgtRay
10-13-2023, 05:23 AM
Just got my 360 RS and unpacked it :ohyea:
Turns out I got a little misslead by the webshops "Insta One 360 RS camera", cause what I ordered was the standard one, and that is not a 360 cam at all. :gaah:
So now I have to buy the unit with the two lenses seperatly and that makes the total a little more expensive. Another hard lesson :banghead:

Dam I'm sorry to hear that

NorwegianRT
10-13-2023, 06:04 AM
Dam I'm sorry to hear that

Oh well, it gives me time to fiddle around with the camera and get familiar with it while waiting :popcorn:

JohnRuckus
10-13-2023, 08:16 AM
Oh well, it gives me time to fiddle around with the camera and get familiar with it while waiting :popcorn:

That stinks. The Twin Edition comes with both lenses.

I'm not sure if you can see/watch this video, but here is my video:
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CyUxaGLO2M-/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

I guess I'll get an external mic and possibly a different mount to fit on the handle bar or passenger grip.

SgtRay, which mount and mic setup are you using?

SgtRay
10-13-2023, 10:30 AM
Exactly what model did you get? Could you take a picture of it and post it

NorwegianRT
10-13-2023, 11:04 AM
Exactly what model did you get? Could you take a picture of it and post it

I got this one;

It came with everything but the 360 lense. However, I ordered one today,so back to the waiting game lol:popcorn:

NorwegianRT
10-13-2023, 11:11 AM

I guess I'll get an external mic and possibly a different mount to fit on the handle bar or passenger grip.

Good video there John.
I will be looking for some other mount options myself after I get to test the 360 eventually !

JohnRuckus
10-13-2023, 11:14 AM
I got this one;

It came with everything but the 360 lense. However, I ordered one today,so back to the waiting game lol:popcorn:

Are you able/going to return the 1st one? They should just be able to send you the 360 lens at the price difference.

SgtRay
10-13-2023, 01:34 PM
I got this one;

My riding vid was done with that one. Then I got the upgraded RS one that I used in my last vid on rocketday. The lens on both are the same. I even crashed a drone that I had put it in (x2!!) so I guess you can say I've bought 3 360 lens's!

At almost $300 each, OCH! The 360 lens will work just fine on the one you got. Most of the up grades are on the new lens mod.

SgtRay
10-13-2023, 01:35 PM

SgtRay, which mount and mic setup are you using?

Nice!

NorwegianRT
10-13-2023, 02:28 PM
Are you able/going to return the 1st one? They should just be able to send you the 360 lens at the price difference.

I called the dealer I bought it from today.
They said that for unknown reasons the twin package is not on storage, and they have no idea on how long it will take, if ever!
So the quickest for me seems to be what I did - I bought the 360 lens online, they are probably shipping it tomorrow. :popcorn:

SgtRay
10-13-2023, 03:35 PM
yup that's what I meant. I've bought 2 of the same lenses that way. I just wanted to be sure that's what you did.

computek
10-13-2023, 06:58 PM
Nice video! it's been 30 years or more since I've been on that road in El Paso. I bet that camera would take some righteous footage going up the road from Alamogordo to Cloudcroft! Best to you!

SgtRay
10-13-2023, 07:17 PM
You know you have a point there! For the longest time I thought I bought the camera and forgot to buy an exciting road to drive the trike down

Hippoja
03-31-2024, 08:38 PM
How did you mount the insta360?

SgtRay
03-31-2024, 11:43 PM
Lol I saw your other message first. But I answered it. If you see in the thumb nail of the overlay vid you will see how the clamp goes on. I hope it helps. but if not let me know

NorwegianRT
04-03-2024, 02:59 PM
Hi again sir.
Been fiddling around with my Insta 360 and figured out how to edit some and export videos.
I also found and liked the "add stats" option in the 360 Studio that let you choose overlays like speed - altitude - route - heading and others. :thumbup:
But as far as I have managed to figure out, the stats will not be exported and show on videos exported in 360 view.
Correct me if I am wrong, cos it would have been a nice option.
My laptop is not the most powerful, so I can imagine a video of 30 minutes driving might take a while to export. Are there export settings that will keep a good video quality and also keep a nice export speed?

Any tips would be appreciated.

SgtRay
04-03-2024, 03:23 PM
Hey Hi. I was able to export mine. I think I did it with one of my other programs.....

https://youtu.be/5pCpRBfbkHs

and I talk more about it here

https://youtu.be/jTdfzOLtXhE

It's been awhile and I'll have to look it up. (I'm out on the road at the moment) But I think I talk about it enough in that last one. If not let me know.

NorwegianRT
04-04-2024, 08:29 AM
Screenshot from video edited in InstaOna 360 Studio.
Overlay will not show if exporting as 360 video, but I can live with that.
I can still edit what angle to view and it will come out nice on the final video. :thumbup:

As you see, no riding today :gaah:
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEils6CxsMo3vTDq8jff_qRGvFptcZk0YexlfcY_ZKGTen en_NnGfQjH7ntloRklHDZFFdB97PyjsnriimDjC2y-GzK9qarqtIN2GYIOEaCbO_1iC5S6kNsenyd5dzyYLtVsNDtHc9 SdQ9I83rklpor1wNun5vgxcV5P5wYEN9-UEZntI2mfN3v-d8QSk-s/s1899/InstaOne%20RS%20gps%20stats%20overlay..jpg