PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone tell me what this is?????

hank573
06-11-2022, 01:59 PM
Noticed this shaft on L/S of bike, right by shift solenoid. Never noticed before...I found a parts diagram that shows it, but has no part number or description.

This may not be right place to post, but just thought I take a shot at it....

Navydad
06-11-2022, 02:07 PM
Gear shift shaft. Manual and semi auto Spyders use the same transmission it's just the clutch that is different. It your bike was a standard shift like a motorcycle that is where the shifter pedal would mount.

trikermutha
06-11-2022, 02:33 PM
I be more worried about that actuator under that shaft.

Isopedella
06-11-2022, 02:33 PM
It really helps if you say what machine it is, just saying for future questions Hank.

Looks suspiciously whats on my F3 SE6, so its redundant and not used.

For manual shift thats where the gear change lever ids attached.

I too asked that question a while back, so your not alone wondering what you found.

Isopedella
06-11-2022, 02:34 PM

Why, whats not right with it?

UtahPete
06-11-2022, 02:44 PM
It really helps if you say what machine it is, just saying for future questions Hank.

I agree. Put it in your signature block. :thumbup:

hank573
06-11-2022, 05:35 PM
Gear shift shaft. Manual and semi auto Spyders use the same transmission it's just the clutch that is different. It your bike was a standard shift like a motorcycle that is where the shifter pedal would mount.

Thanks, I have been under the bike on multiple occasions and never noticed. Just had my 3000 mile service and was looking for any oil leaks when I noticed. Mystery solved...

hank573
06-11-2022, 05:37 PM

any reason you pointed the actuator out....

hank573
06-11-2022, 05:38 PM

Looks suspiciously whats on my F3 SE6, so its redundant and not used.

For manual shift thats where the gear change lever ids attached.

I too asked that question a while back, so your not alone wondering what you found.

Thanks for the reply, I thought I had put in that it was an F3. My bad, sorry.

trikermutha
06-11-2022, 05:45 PM
any reason you pointed the actuator out....

Nothing wrong with it. They tend to get bent or damaged from lifting in the wrong area or gets hit while using a trailer to haul it. Just be careful around that area.

hank573
06-13-2022, 10:50 AM
Thanks,,,I'll make sure I keep a eye on it next time I lift the Bike....thanks for the info

Isopedella
06-13-2022, 12:38 PM
Thanks for the reply, I thought I had put in that it was an F3. My bad, sorry.

Hey there no worries man. Took me a bit of time to get my ride in the sig line. BTW There are no dumb questions really. I am new to Spyders and have asked a couple of questions where I am sure some roll their eyes. Easy when you know how. Tougher if you dont have a Scooby Do. (thats a clue) Complete newbie then picked up my ride mid March. I knew Jack about the Spyders cept they had 3 wheels and looked like fun. haha. Its my Mobility Scooter I tell them. Enjoy ya ride and dont hesitate to ask anything at all.

Peter Aawen
06-13-2022, 06:51 PM
..... I knew Jack about the Spyders cept they had 3 wheels and looked like fun. haha. Its my Mobility Scooter I tell them. Enjoy ya ride and dont hesitate to ask anything at all.

Now come on, Iso, you gotta get that bit right!! :lecturef_smilie:

It's a HIGH SPEED Mobility Scooter! :ohyea: :yes:

:roflblack: . :thumbup: