PDA

View Full Version : More dealer issues

Questions
10-12-2009, 10:00 AM
My buying experience continues its downhill spiral! After 4 weeks of waiting for my backrest that was to be installed when I bought it, (but was wrong color) I received it from the dealer in a box that look like it had been run over by a truck. True to form the mounting tabs were both broke off:mad:. I also ask for the correct inserts that go in the mounting holes of the passenger foot pegs to connect the givi bag frames to the bikes frame (that they said I dont really need), what I got was bags of bolts in all shapes and sizes but no insert,,,,,,,,5 weeks and 65 miles,,,,,,,,I sure hope I can get this thing put together so I can ride it this year since the dealer cant seem to do it.

Does anyone have access to a Spyder parts list so that I can just call another dealer to order these little parts??????:helpsmilie:

ntxYguy2009
10-12-2009, 10:14 AM
Just sent you a PM.

Bersquack
10-12-2009, 10:23 AM
Wow, they are off to a good start. Are there any other dealers not too far you can go to?

tatt2r
10-12-2009, 10:27 AM
find another dealer ...if they cant get parts right it will suck if spyder needs any service...:shocked:

Roaddog2
10-12-2009, 09:20 PM
find another dealer ...if they cant get parts right it will suck if spyder needs any service...:shocked::agree:

Questions
10-12-2009, 09:46 PM
I agree to everything said so far. Thanks guys for all the help!!!:2thumbs:

dave01
10-13-2009, 01:19 AM
I feel that issues with dealers like this warrant a call/letter to BRP so they know what kind of dealer problems we are having. Not if its just a mis-understanding between you and your dealer, but things like waiting way too long for parts, improper service work etc. I really think BRP would want to know this. If nothing else, its more documentation if you need it for future issues. JMHO

Also, good experiences should be shared with BRP too, so we dont come across as complainers.

NancysToy
10-13-2009, 06:58 AM
You may well be having dealer issues, I can't say for certain, but let me tell you a little about what they are up against with accessories. We had some experience that shed a lot of light on their plight. First, we had to have the front console replaced under warranty. We had the foglights installed, so I would not accept a new console without a new decal for the foglight switch. Although all the parts in the foglight accessory kit were listed with a part number, our dealer tried in vain for more than a year to order one, with no success. The part did not exist in BRP's system, only the full kit was listed. After getting Carlo involved, plus much pressure from our dealer, BRP finally listed the part. The dealer then experienced more delays in ordering because there was no cost listed in the BRP system. It tooks weeks to resolve that issue, and much effort on my dealer's part.

Then we bought a comfort seat. A box of cereal is packaged better than the BRP seat was. The box arrived torn and smashed, with the seat damaged and parts missing from the torn parts bag. Again, the dealer could not order just the replacement parts, even though the instructions listed the part numbers. The seat was returned to BRP and a replacement ordered. That packaging was only in marginally better shape, but the seat and parts were intact. BTW, the dealer's claim to BRP was denied because they had not opened the first box and examined the contents, and filed a claim with UPS. Ouch!

So you see, the dealer may be a bit at the mercy of the shipper and BRP's inadequate packaging in your case. He is not likely to be able to obtain only your missing parts, but will only be able to supply a complete replacement accessory. That's unfortunately the way the system seems to work. In my case, at least, the dealer tried very hard to find a solution, but still left me frustrated and angry for a long while. Not his fault, as it turned out.

dave01
10-13-2009, 07:40 AM
You may well be having dealer issues, I can't say for certain, but let me tell you a little about what they are up against with accessories. We had some experience that shed a lot of light on their plight. First, we had to have the front console replaced under warranty. We had the foglights installed, so I would not accept a new console without a new decal for the foglight switch. Although all the parts in the foglight accessory kit were listed with a part number, our dealer tried in vain for more than a year to order one, with no success. The part did not exist in BRP's system, only the full kit was listed. After getting Carlo involved, plus much pressure from our dealer, BRP finally listed the part. The dealer then experienced more delays in ordering because there was no cost listed in the BRP system. It tooks weeks to resolve that issue, and much effort on my dealer's part.

Then we bought a comfort seat. A box of cereal is packaged better than the BRP seat was. The box arrived torn and smashed, with the seat damaged and parts missing from the torn parts bag. Again, the dealer could not order just the replacement parts, even though the instructions listed the part numbers. The seat was returned to BRP and a replacement ordered. That packaging was only in marginally better shape, but the seat and parts were intact. BTW, the dealer's claim to BRP was denied because they had not opened the first box and examined the contents, and filed a claim with UPS. Ouch!

So you see, the dealer may be a bit at the mercy of the shipper and BRP's inadequate packaging in your case. He is not likely to be able to obtain only your missing parts, but will only be able to supply a complete replacement accessory. That's unfortunately the way the system seems to work. In my case, at least, the dealer tried very hard to find a solution, but still left me frustrated and angry for a long while. Not his fault, as it turned out.

Very good points made. I have a great dealer here in Clearwater and they have done everything possible to keep my Spyder running right. I sent a message to BRP stating this because people are quick to blame and slow to praise the efforts of others.

Smylinacha
10-13-2009, 03:50 PM
I agree to everything said so far. Thanks guys for all the help!!!:2thumbs:

Yeah, sounds like your dealer belongs in the defective merchandise aisle - no need to continue going to him anymore.

painterman
10-13-2009, 03:53 PM
I know my dealer had a few problems ordering then got it straight but I ordered the new comfort seat and rear passenger pegs about 3 months ago and they say they are back ordered with BRP and you can go on EBay and get both, I've learned to get parts online and just let the dealer do the service..........:spyder2:

Questions
10-13-2009, 06:52 PM
I feel that issues with dealers like this warrant a call/letter to BRP so they know what kind of dealer problems we are having. Not if its just a mis-understanding between you and your dealer, but things like waiting way too long for parts, improper service work etc. I really think BRP would want to know this. If nothing else, its more documentation if you need it for future issues. JMHO

Also, good experiences should be shared with BRP too, so we dont come across as complainers.

I just wanted to pass along my problems with lack of customer service since buying my Spyder.
Good luck with contacting BRP or Carlo ,my o9 Spyder has had an oil leak since day one it now has 3000 kms and still no fix ( I leave oil drops everywhere I go and have oil on my shoe ,embarrassing for a brand new machine) even though my dealer has promised to fix all my issues since the first service 2 months ago or 2000kms ago.NOTHING I have had horrible service from my dealer here in Calgary ,Canada .I have e mailed Carlo a couple of times and had no responce directly from him ,not sure why ? I also mailed a registered letter to the heads at BRP hoping to generate a decent responce ,also a dissapointment .It appears a happy customer is not on their priority list.The best they did was have a regional sales rep call me over a week ago and he basically told me that they would suggest to my dealer that they give better customer service but since they weren't franchised there wasnt much they could do .He basically offered excuses for them otherwise? I am still awaiting word from either BRP or my dealer to resolve any mechanical or customer service issues. BRP's customer service STINKS so far if you ask me and this has really tainted my experience with my new Spyder which I love otherwise.I am having trouble being an ambassador for the Spyder as a result.Good luck With BRPs customer service as I have been treated like a second class customer. Very dissapointing !:mad:
BRP needs to address these sub standard dealers .I only have 2 dealers to go to here in Calgary and they have the same owners ,therefore no competition.Though I have had no result I also urge you to complain directly to BRP,good luck

M2Wild
10-14-2009, 10:19 AM
... my o9 Spyder has had an oil leak since day one it now has 3000 kms and still no fix ( I leave oil drops everywhere I go and have oil on my shoe ,embarrassing for a brand new machine) even though my dealer has promised to fix all my issues since the first service 2 months ago or 2000kms ago ...
Take the plastic off and see if you can figure out where the oil is coming from. Don't rely on the dealer for everything because a bad one can often make an easy problem worse. It might be a simple case of loose bolts / screws or over filled resulting in blow-by into your air filter. If that's the case, do a search on this board for fixes. Lots of good suggestions and after market fixes here.

Questions
10-14-2009, 01:33 PM
Take the plastic off and see if you can figure out where the oil is coming from. Don't rely on the dealer for everything because a bad one can often make an easy problem worse. It might be a simple case of loose bolts / screws or over filled resulting in blow-by into your air filter. If that's the case, do a search on this board for fixes. Lots of good suggestions and after market fixes here.

Thx for your help. The source for the leak is the O rings on the Clutch as my dealer is well aware. I was told as soon as parts arrived I would be called.this has not occured Bow Cycle is well aware I have been riding for 3000 kms with an oil leak among other things. I honestly am not crying wolf here ,my dealer just doesn't care. Neither does BRP , cheers.

Firefly
10-14-2009, 02:05 PM
My buying experience continues its downhill spiral! After 4 weeks of waiting for my backrest that was to be installed when I bought it, (but was wrong color) I received it from the dealer in a box that look like it had been run over by a truck. True to form the mounting tabs were both broke off:mad:. I also ask for the correct inserts that go in the mounting holes of the passenger foot pegs to connect the givi bag frames to the bikes frame (that they said I dont really need), what I got was bags of bolts in all shapes and sizes but no insert,,,,,,,,5 weeks and 65 miles,,,,,,,,I sure hope I can get this thing put together so I can ride it this year since the dealer cant seem to do it.

Does anyone have access to a Spyder parts list so that I can just call another dealer to order these little parts??????:helpsmilie:

Many dealers have the complete parts search and diagrams online via their website. I've used www.robsperformance.com (http://www.robsperformance.com) quite a bit---- they are pretty on the ball !

NancysToy
10-14-2009, 03:26 PM
Thx for your help. The source for the leak is the O rings on the Clutch as my dealer is well aware. I was told as soon as parts arrived I would be called.this has not occured Bow Cycle is well aware I have been riding for 3000 kms with an oil leak among other things. I honestly am not crying wolf here ,my dealer just doesn't care. Neither does BRP , cheers.
BRP has nothing to do with this...directly. If you only emailed supprot once, Carlo may not have gotten the message. Took me a couple of tries, then he was very responsive. Also, if the dealer has started the claim process (and supposedly ordered parts), the ball is totally back in their court and being handled, as far as BRP would know.

I know how frustrating it is to have a dealer who does not call and does not follow up. I've had that happen myself. Now I just email them or call them every day or two until the parts arrive. Nothing like being a thorn in their side to get you some action. That sort of thing shouldn't be necessary, but if I don't do it, I'm the one that suffers, so I make the extra effort. The dealer could make big points with a little follow through, but some are just duds. I am in the difficult position that I love my salesman and the dealership, and the techician is very good, but the service writer is not on the customer's side and doesn't follow through. What do you do then, buy at one place and pray you can get it serviced better at another, many miles away? Nope, not me, I'll make the effort to bug the service department silly, if that's what it takes!

Hope you get your problem resolved soon.

Questions
10-15-2009, 07:06 AM
BRP has nothing to do with this...directly. If you only emailed supprot once, Carlo may not have gotten the message. Took me a couple of tries, then he was very responsive. Also, if the dealer has started the claim process (and supposedly ordered parts), the ball is totally back in their court and being handled, as far as BRP would know.

I know how frustrating it is to have a dealer who does not call and does not follow up. I've had that happen myself. Now I just email them or call them every day or two until the parts arrive. Nothing like being a thorn in their side to get you some action. That sort of thing shouldn't be necessary, but if I don't do it, I'm the one that suffers, so I make the extra effort. The dealer could make big points with a little follow through, but some are just duds. I am in the difficult position that I love my salesman and the dealership, and the techician is very good, but the service writer is not on the customer's side and doesn't follow through. What do you do then, buy at one place and pray you can get it serviced better at another, many miles away? Nope, not me, I'll make the effort to bug the service department silly, if that's what it takes!

Hope you get your problem resolved soon.

Thx for your opinion ,I agree with most of its content EXCEPT that BRP has nothing to do with this (It all starts with management in my opinion).I have e mailed Carlo multiple times and requested a read reciept and did not recieve one again I dont know why ? Brps management should jump on these type of complaints .I should not have to be a thorn in their side to recieve good service .Besides this Dealer is poor in all regards so far and are quite condescending I do not want to have a battle of wills with them. What happened to good old fashioned customer service that you didnt have to fight for?
thx for your input :2thumbs:

ynot
05-19-2010, 03:32 PM

we may have the same dealer,one thing for sure, they are consistent in their lying. what ever they tell you they will do, you can bank on them not doing. this dealer is in cornelius.:mad:

gmopsman
05-20-2010, 06:10 AM
It can be a real pain when a dealer or manufacture does not perform. My dealer in Nashville Tn has performed well todate. They ordered and got in my Corbin seat, BRP custom wheels and BRP hardbags in 2 weeks. Everthing was well boxed and with no damage. When I called them for my 600 mile service I was initially told that I would have to leave the Spyder for at least a week since their only BRP trained mechanic was starting to get the jet ski units ready. When I said this would not work instead of blowing me off they said bring it in Saturday morning first thing and I could ride it home that same day. So many dealers are out there trying to keep us Spyder riders happy it is a matter of finding them.
Thanks
Gary

boborgera
05-20-2010, 07:09 AM
Back in the early 70s when Subaru first came into the U.S. their dealer net work was, to say the least weak. It took a few years to weed out the lousy ones. Now most of them [all?] are stand alone dealers. And are doing quite well. Maybe this will happen with the Spyder / BRP? I Just hope they don't lose too many buyers in the meantime.