PDA

View Full Version : What's this MPI connection on 2012 RT? Any others have the same? Fixes?

Argenthrus
06-09-2022, 06:27 PM
Purchased BUDS from Powersports diag in Canada this week. Easy to install and use on my HP laptop running Windows 11. The only problem I have is with the interface. The pins and receptors works fine with my 2008 GS, but my 2012 RT has an interface with 6 tiny buttons. Haven't been able to find this connector anywhere online, and Powersports hasn't responded yet. Anyone else had this problem? How did you solve it?

Snowbelt Spyder
06-10-2022, 05:55 AM
That's not the MPI connector. No one knows what that's for. The one next to it is. It's head down into that square holder. Hold in the latch and gently work it out of there. That goes into the BUDS MPI plug, push in until it latches. You'll hear the click. It will help to put a very light film of dielectric grease on the rubber seal. When you replace it into the Spyder's holder, you don't really need to push it down all the way. That makes it much easier to remove next time.

safecracker
06-10-2022, 06:23 AM
:agree: What he said. Bruce

Argenthrus
06-10-2022, 04:27 PM
"That's not the MPI connector. No one knows what that's for."
I want you to know I very nearly spit my beverage of choice all over the computer screen when I read your reply!
Thank you for the tip and also for the list of goodies to add to Mama's RT. She has been looking at all kinds of 'fluff' to make it hers. Your list will make it hers AND more enjoyable to ryde.

Revalden
06-17-2022, 08:24 PM
"That's not the MPI connector. No one knows what that's for."
I want you to know I very nearly spit my beverage of choice all over the computer screen when I read your reply!
Thank you for the tip and also for the list of goodies to add to Mama's RT. She has been looking at all kinds of 'fluff' to make it hers. Your list will make it hers AND more enjoyable to ryde.

Where can I find this
"LIST of GOODIES"?
'

Argenthrus
06-18-2022, 09:35 AM
Where can I find this
"LIST of GOODIES"?
'
I spied his profile and was admiring his list of mods. I see you have a long list of mods as well. I have much to learn!

davev1pa
06-29-2022, 04:47 PM
Where can I find this
"LIST of GOODIES"?
'

You have reached your goodie limit. No goodies for you