PDA

View Full Version : Need to lighten/fix Scratches in Shad hard bag?! Anyone?

MudBug
06-08-2022, 10:11 PM
I've already put a bunch of scratches in the Shad bag from my boot hitting it and also running it up against my truck like a dummy. Does anybody know how to lighten up the scratches in that kind of plastic? Thanks.:bowdown:

ziggy
06-09-2022, 06:48 AM
Maybe Armour All Scratch Repair (for plastic)? Don't on a Shad, but I know Armour All is good stuff.

Quickdraw
06-09-2022, 12:09 PM
If the scratch is deep, use some higher grit sandpaper to smooth it out as best you can. Then use a heat gun and carefully heat the scratch and around the scratch. Don't overheat the area or you'll melt the plastic beyond repair. If it's just surface scratches, you should be able to just use the heat gun.

I did this when I messed up the plastic mirror housing on my RT and all the scratches came out and the shine returned.

TIMEMACHINE
06-10-2022, 03:21 PM
This is what you need....

https://www.eastwood.com/ew-plastic-resurfacer-matte-black-aerosol.html

MudBug
07-22-2022, 09:51 PM
This is what you need....

https://www.eastwood.com/ew-plastic-resurfacer-matte-black-aerosol.html

Cool, thanks.

Bfromla
07-22-2022, 10:47 PM
Decals & maybe hide:dontknow::dontknow:

Bfromla
07-31-2022, 02:06 AM
Update??

BLUEKNIGHT911
07-31-2022, 01:14 PM
If the scratch is deep, use some higher grit sandpaper to smooth it out as best you can. Then use a heat gun and carefully heat the scratch and around the scratch. Don't overheat the area or you'll melt the plastic beyond repair. If it's just surface scratches, you should be able to just use the heat gun.

I did this when I messed up the plastic mirror housing on my RT and all the scratches came out and the shine returned.

I wouldn't go near the Spyder plastic or paint with a heat gun. It will only take a second or two and TOTALLY RUIN the fix ..... As far as repairing the scratches .... without seeing it CLOSE UP I wouldn't suggest anything .... I've done body work on veh's and Spyder Paint with some really good results, but I've had a lot of practice ..... The learning curve for this type of thing is steep. Sometimes NOT doing anything is Best ..... good luck .... Mike :thumbup: All that being said if you are still going to give it a try [COLOR="#0000FF"]....IF the scratches aren't deep ( only the clear has been scratched ) .... get some 1000 grit WET sand cloth and very lightly buff it out ..... ( USING WATER )then apply a Quality clear coat Labeled as plastic compatible ...You may need a few coats to fill the scratches ...then wet sand ( using a sanding block where possible ) then you can do a final finish coat .. IF they are deeper scratches then automotive " GLAZING PUTTY "| will be needed , I don't think you should do this tho , because now you will have to use COLOR Sray paint because the Glazing putty has a color in it .... and you will never find it to match your paint - it doesn't exist ......Mike