PDA

View Full Version : June's Weather News

Little Blue
05-31-2022, 11:16 PM
Welcome to the JUNE edition of the Weather News. The temperatures are starting to get hot and humid here in Indiana. Summer is coming up on June 20, 2022. (USA)

Most of the Indiana Farmers have been seeing signs of corn growing in their fields. Seen several fields yesterday and they were bailing alfalfa (feed for their livestock).

Currently it is clear sky and 80°F.

Please Post Up some local Weather News from your area of the World. Everyone loves a good story about Weather.
We try and make it interesting for all.
So come and join us and post your local weather news.....:thumbup:

Little Blue
06-01-2022, 04:50 AM
:coffee:....A good morning to you and Welcome back.
Seems like this year has been moving very quickly. So hard to believe that it's already June, but it is. .....:yes:

Time to Ryde and Enjoy your Day. I know that my Ryde Times are going to increase alot, 'wind therapy' is a good thing.

Currently 70°F with clouds and some rain on the way. Calling for some showers later today.
Today high will be only 83°F with rain showers, low of 59°F.

Enjoy Your Day and Stay Healthy. ......:thumbup:

canamjhb
06-01-2022, 03:04 PM
The desert S.W. is starting to see summer temperatures. Today, the high is forecast to be 100. But, as usual, it always seems to get a little hotter than expected. The wind is at 4 MPH. Humidity at 9% and there are no clouds. I looked at the monthly forecast for June and there are NO days when the high temperature is expected to be below 100!!! Typically, June is one of our most uncomfortable months. We usually get some relief in July and August with afternoon monsoons. Riding has now become infrequent with a few early morning breakfast runs. Stay safe..... Jim

ARtraveler
06-01-2022, 03:40 PM
Happy June 1st. Warm (83) here, sunshine, and the air conditioning feels good. :yes:

Little Blue
06-02-2022, 05:02 AM
:coffee:....Well yesterday was another hot and humid day in Indiana. This is the season for the warmer weather. Currently we are clear and 64°F.

Today 75°F with some rain this morning. Low of 54°F.
Going to try and cut the yard. Maybe later get a Spyder Ryde Time.

Stay Healthy and Enjoy your Ryde Time. ......:thumbup:

Little Blue
06-03-2022, 05:37 AM
:ohyea:....It's Friday and clear skies, currently 53°F.
Going to finish up the yard and get some Ryde Time.
I hope all is well with you and that you have a great day.

High today of 81°F with the humidity at 85%. Low 52°F.
Oh well that's life in Indiana.

Be Safe and Stay Healthy. ......:thumbup:

Little Blue
06-04-2022, 05:27 AM
:chat:...The weekend is here. Indiana weather is going to be nice, currently 55°F. Guess what, no rain is in the forecast. ....:yes:

Hey all you Spyder Ryders, get out there early and enjoy your Ryde Time Today. So Sorry for any that are waiting for your 'New Ryde', but the Reward will be great....:bbq:

Today 82°F with lots of sunshine, low 59°F.
Sunday 84°F and more sunshine, low of 63°F.

Have yourself a Blessed Day Everyone. .......:thumbup:

Little Blue
06-06-2022, 05:46 AM
:coffee:....Good Morning and Welcome to Monday.
I enjoyed the weekend and had a good time with my Spyder. My wife and I traveled to see an old friend. All is well with everyone, just getting older.

Currently 71°F with clouds. Going to be another fine day.
High 87°F with clouds, low of 67°F.

Have a Blessed Day My Friend. .....:thumbup:

Saluda
06-06-2022, 06:34 AM
Nice start out this way. First a Spyder ride, then a pedal bike and finished with the boat. We're happy.

RapidSpyder
06-06-2022, 07:15 AM
Got to get the boat out yet myself. Low 60’s and thunderstorms the next few days so not happening anytime soon.

canamjhb
06-06-2022, 10:47 AM
The desert S.W. is under an Excessive Heat Watch. We expect to have a high of 103+ today The wind is at 5 MPH an humidity at 21%. Here are the expected highs/lows for the next 9 days: 104/80, 107/83, 108/84, 110/86, 111/87, 111/85, 107/82, 109/83 111/84!!!!! It's time to dust the trike off, attach the battery maintainer and cover it up until cooler days return. Stay safe..... Jim

Little Blue
06-07-2022, 02:50 PM
:ohyea:....The rain has finally stopped. I received about 2".
The yard is extremely wet and has several pools of water.

Today high is 86°F, currently 84°F.
Low of 66°F.

Enjoy your Day. .....:thumbup:

Deanna777
06-07-2022, 07:58 PM
We are getting rain now here in Vt.

Today's temps were in the 70's and sunny.

Deanna

Little Blue
06-08-2022, 05:11 AM
:coffee:....I received way too much rain yesterday. ....:banghead:
Hopefully everyone will make it through this major weather issue and be Safe. Lots of flooding and standing water.

Remember do not drive though 'Rushing Water'. As little as 4" of water rushing across the road can be a real danger. I have seen the danger of being unable to make it through. Your vehicle may get washed off the road and get stuck.

Today is going to be another Grey Day here in Indiana.
Off and On All Day Rain.
Currently 68°F with clouds.
High 84°F with rain showers, low of 62°F.

Have a Blessed Day My Friend. ....:thumbup:

ARtraveler
06-08-2022, 11:55 AM
A thunderstorm day today. Spending the day getting caught up on SL and learning some new songs. :yes:

cruisinTX
06-08-2022, 01:14 PM
Here in the TX Panhandle our normal high for today is 90°. It is currently only 65° with 100% cloud cover and an occasional drizzle here and there. That's on the heels of T-storm where we saw the rain (heavy at times) from 6:30 through about 10:30. yaaaaaay. Helps cut down on the amount of water and time I have to put in on the Monarch habitat. :ohyea:

canamjhb
06-08-2022, 03:46 PM
Today at 1 PM it was 105 here in the desert S.W. We're headed towards 110. Humidity is at 15% and the wind is at 4 MPH. There are no clouds. Yesterday I was doing some P.M. on my electric golf cart and managed to screw up my forward/reverse switch. The golf cart ambulance picked it up this morning for a trip to golf cart hospital. I should get it back this afternoon, baring unforeseen problems. But, too late to get to the pool. Fingers crossed that air conditioning keeps doing it's job. Stay safe..... Jim

Edit: P.S. I got my beloved golf cart back this afternoon without any surprises. Not in time to hang at the pool but in plenty of time to do a neighborhood cocktail cruise, once the sun dips below the horizon.....

Little Blue
06-09-2022, 08:05 AM
:chat:....A beautiful sunshine day, currently 67°F. Going to get out there and enjoy some ryde time.

Indiana has received lots of rain this season and the corn is up and 8" to 14" tall. I saw several fields yesterday with corn at 16" to 20". .....:yes:

High of 76°F, with sunshine and blue sky. Low around 53°F.
Enjoy your Day. ............:thumbup:

Peter Aawen
06-09-2022, 08:48 AM
Here in my corner of South Oz, we had another serving of the cold & wet Winter Weather we've been told to get used to today - the min got down to 4°C and the high barely made it as high as 10°C; it rained on & off all day, but we only got about 1mm total in the rain gauge, so it was somewhat lighter than most recent days & than what the forecast is telling us to expect for the next coupla weeks; funnily enough, humidity was at 100%; we saw winds from the SW at 10-25 km/h with gusts up to 30 km/h, and every bit of wind felt like it'd blown straight off the Antarctic ice pack (oh, hang on - it DID! :rolleyes: )

The water temp down the coast a bit at Victor Harbour (Shark Alley) has been around 14-15°C for a few weeks now, altho there was a very short while there today where it might've got as high as maybe 16°C (only in my wetsuit tho! :opps: ) but as soon as you got out of the water/on top of the waves (not too hard to do at only 1.5-2m, & largely flattened by the wind at that! :sour: ) the wind chill dragged the 'Feels Like' temp down to about -13°C, so I can assure you that it wasn't just the brass monkeys feeling the cold, even with a bloody good wetsuit! :shocked: Still, it was a good ryde down & back tho - quick too! No-one else was on the roads, so I wrung it out a little thru the twisties & really got the blood pumping for a bit! :ohyea:

Beanz1
06-09-2022, 10:41 AM
Here in Louisville, KY. June 9, 2022 it is 72 degrees at 11:40AM. I do believe it's a good day to ride my Ryker Rally. :2thumbs:

Little Blue
06-10-2022, 05:09 AM
:chat:....I Ryde when the temperature gets above 50°F (10°C). The Roads must be completely dry and no Salt.

Indiana is starting into SUMMER, so no real problems at this time. ......:thumbup:

Little Blue
06-10-2022, 05:17 AM
:coffee:....A good morning to you and Welcome back to a beautiful sunshine day, currently 57°F. I have been doing well. Got some Poison Ivy on my Left Foot, but it hasn't been a big problem for my Ryde Time.

High of 78°F with sunshine and some clouds. Low of 59°F.
Maybe get some rain this afternoon.

Stay Healthy. .........:thumbup:

Peter Aawen
06-10-2022, 05:57 AM
:coffee:....A good evening to you all from South Oz and Welcome back to a beautiful rainy night, currently 8°C (feels like 2!) & dropping rapidly. I have been doing well. We don't really have Poison Ivy over here, so it hasn't been a big problem for my Ryde Time - but the bloody incessant rain's made it a mite soggy tho, so I haven't yet been able to introduce my new Assistance Dog (Buster, only 3 months old but working well & really taking to the training ;) see pic below... ) to any longer rydes than short runs around the block... :banghead:

Expected high of 10°C tomorrow, 100% humidity with more rain expected, lotsa clouds, and icy winds blowing gusts up to 30 km/h. Low overnight getting down to at least 5°C, but there's frost & sheep weather warnings out already, so.... :dontknow: . Looks like a steady rain has set in for the night, but at least they reckon it's gonna be too wet & cold to snow for the entire Queen's Birthday Long Weekend! :cheers:

Apologies for stealing the format Little Blue, but I couldn't resist! :cheers:

RapidSpyder
06-10-2022, 09:31 AM
Into the 80’s here for a few days for the first time this year. Finally going to get some good rides in.

canamjhb
06-10-2022, 01:45 PM
Today and tomorrow, it will get to 112+ here in the desert S.W. :shocked: The overnight lows will be 88. Humidity is at 19% and the "wind" is 3 MPH. The lack of overnight cooling is what makes for uncomfortable conditions. Sun comes up, and it's almost instantly 100 degrees. Perhaps a little monsoon relief on the horizon. The humidity is increasing slightly.

The trike is fully put to bed with full cover and battery maintainer. The afternoons are spent with a bunch of old people bobbing around in the pool, exchanging stories, lies, and recipes. Stay safe..... Jim

Little Blue
06-10-2022, 03:35 PM
:gaah:...The 20% chance of Rain is coming down, there goes the baseball game. A friend's son was going to play his first game. The game was canceled till Saturday. Oh well, the wife and I will still enjoy the 'Date Night'.
We try and have one or two a month. .....:shemademe_smilie:

Hey Peter Aawen, I have to say that you have a cute dog (puppy).
I hope his training goes well and it's a wonderful experience for both of you.

Stay Healthy...........:thumbup:

Little Blue
06-11-2022, 05:33 AM
:coffee: Well yesterday's rain was light, only a tenth of an inch. Currently 59°F with clear skies. Today we are scheduled for off and on all day rain.

High of 79°F with some rain showers coming. Low of 67°F and rain.
Sunday's high 84°F with sunshine. Rain chances are 70%. Low of 68°F.

Stay Healthy ..........:thumbup:

canamjhb
06-11-2022, 02:22 PM
106 at 11AM here in the desert S.W. Humidity at 18% and a 2 MPH breeze. It's flat out HOT out there. On top of that, we are experiencing very high pollen. I don't have any particular allergies. But like most people here, when the pollen gets high, my eyes water. Some days worse than others. Staying inside the air-conditioned house eliminates that. We're starting to see some afternoon thunder showers develop in the White Mountains which are on the Arizona-New Mexico border. That's a sign of the beginning of possible monsoons. But that action is still 100 miles away. In the summertime we always have spectacular thunder and lightning shows in the evenings. And with any luck, they expand into the Valley of the Sun. Here's hoping. Stay safe..... Jim

TimKW
06-12-2022, 12:47 PM
HOT HOT HOTTER all over Colorado for the next couple weeks. 90+ for Denver and Colorado Springs with 90's and high 80's elsewhere. Not too many cool places to hide here except maybe above 10K.

Deanna777
06-12-2022, 01:01 PM
Here in Vermont, the temps are in the 70's and sunny.

Tonight we might get a thundershower.

It is sunny and partly cloudy.

Deanna

Beanz1
06-12-2022, 02:41 PM
Here in Louisville, KY. today, it's 88 degrees and partly cloudy at 3:40 pm.

Little Blue
06-13-2022, 08:14 PM
What a beautiful weekend, currently 88°F. Going to be hot today and all week, 91°F plus. They call this an early start of Summer. First Day of Summer is June 21st.

High of 95°F with heat index of 101°F. Lots of Sunshine today. Low of 75°F.

Stay Healthy and Be Safe. ........:thumbup:

cruisinTX
06-14-2022, 07:24 AM
Texas Panhandle is setting or tying some records.

106 Saturday
106 Sunday
102 Monday
104 today
102 tomorrow

:yikes:

Deanna777
06-14-2022, 09:22 AM
Here in VT. it is partly cloudy, and sunny. Temps in the 80's, low humidity.

Deanna

Little Blue
06-14-2022, 01:18 PM
:gaah:...We are having some heat issues coming this week, currently 94°F. Yesterday we had 95°F as the high.

Temperature 96°F with sunshine and high humidity, 105°F heat index. Low of 75°F with clouds and no rain.

Stay Healthy ........:thumbup:

'AC' is my favorite place to go for some comfort.
Stay cool and Safe. ......:spyder:

canamjhb
06-14-2022, 02:29 PM
The desert S.W. has a little cooling today. The high will get to 105, that's down from the 113-114 days we have had recently. Humidity is at 15% with a 7 MPH breeze. No clouds at all. There is a HUGE difference in comfort between 105 and 114 degrees. When going outside in 105 degrees, it feels hot. When it gets to 114 it feels BLISTERING!!!!! This cooler weather won't last. By Thursday we will be back up to 112. When I put the trike up for the summer, I forgot to put fuel additive in the tank. This morning took the cover off and got the fuel treated. Ran the bike a bit to make sure the pickled fuel got to all the important places. The bike will not be started again until it's time to ride in cooler weather. Stay safe..... Jim

Little Blue
06-15-2022, 05:15 AM
Oh man this Hot Weather is not fun. Currently 78°F with some clouds and high humidity.

Today we have a Heat Advisory.
High of 97°F with sunshine.
Low 79°F.
All Day AC for me and the wife.

Stay Healthy. .......:thumbup:

Peter Aawen
06-15-2022, 06:23 AM
You might have a Heat Advisory, but here on the other side of the World we're shivering!! :shocked:

Right sorta temps here, but it's too wet to snow... :p . However, there's Road Weather Alerts for High Winds & Heavy Rain this evening, with all the clouds clearing to freezing temps & wind chill overnight, followed by Heavy Fog, Low Cloud, and very wet/flooded roads in the morning! :sour: . All the local creeks are already running bankers, and the ground is so soggy it can't absorb any more water; so if it's not rushing across the roads to join a flood somewhere, it's just standing around in biiiiig puddles right across the road surfaces - and some of those puddles are floorboard deep already! :gaah:

Can you please send us some of that heat - juuust a little mind you, we don't want too much of it, maybe enough to take the chilly edge off?!? :rolleyes:

Little Blue
06-15-2022, 09:22 AM
I have just finished sending you the link for the heat.
Not sure if it will work out but give it a try.. :roflblack:...:roflblack:
You never know, you might get lucky. .......:thumbup:

ARtraveler
06-15-2022, 10:11 AM
A week of 90 plus and high humidity. We have been laying low, as in we like the air conditioning. We are part of the excssive heat warnings that have been posted for the South. At least another three days of the same. I waited until the sun was almost on the horizon to cut my grass last night. Much cooler to cut in shadow conditions than under the rays of the sun. :bowdown:

canamjhb
06-15-2022, 02:14 PM
You might have a Heat Advisory, but here on the other side of the World we're shivering!! :shocked:

Right sorta temps here, but it's too wet to snow... :p . However, there's Road Weather Alerts for High Winds & Heavy Rain this evening, with all the clouds clearing to freezing temps & wind chill overnight, followed by Heavy Fog, Low Cloud, and very wet/flooded roads in the morning! :sour: . All the local creeks are already running bankers, and the ground is so soggy it can't absorb any more water; so if it's not rushing across the roads to join a flood somewhere, it's just standing around in biiiiig puddles right across the road surfaces - and some of those puddles are floorboard deep already! :gaah:

Can you please send us some of that heat - juuust a little mind you, we don't want too much of it, maybe enough to take the chilly edge off?!? :rolleyes:

Peter,

I'd trade you some of what we have for some of what you have. ;) Maybe a midpoint between us would be perfect...... OH YAH! Midpoint between the Cont. USA and Australia is Hawaii!!!!! :2thumbs:

Little Blue
06-16-2022, 04:51 AM
:helpsmilie:....This heat wave is a real pistol. Yesterday we had 97°F and the heat index was 106°F. Currently 75°F and clear sky. Staying inside was my only choice.

High today 96°F with sunshine and lots of humidity.
Low about 75°F. No rain in the forecast.

Great weather to grow corn and beans.

Stay Healthy .......:thumbup:

Azbronco
06-16-2022, 06:00 AM
Georgia is freaking hot! Pushing 100 every day, heat index closer to 110 with the humidity. No end in sight for this stupid "heat dome." I've been taking short rides, but I start sweating in my helmet within about 10 minutes. The wind doesn't offer any cooling--it's more like riding in a blow dryer.

Peter Aawen
06-16-2022, 06:34 AM
Georgia is freaking hot! Pushing 100 every day, heat index closer to 110 with the humidity. No end in sight for this stupid "heat dome." I've been taking short rides, but I start sweating in my helmet within about 10 minutes. The wind doesn't offer any cooling--it's more like riding in a blow dryer.

When we get the really high temps here in this part of Oz, I hafta entirely give up riding during daylight hours :banghead: .

It becomes a case of either getting in an hour or so before dawn; or waiting for a good few hours after the sun goes down before even thinking about heading out! :rolleyes: . Even just going outside any sooner than that just sucks all the moisture outta you almost instantly; and once you start ryding, even in appropriate gear, adding the blast of hot air flowing over the top of skin that's already sucked dry just leaves you feeling like dessicated coconut drying in an over-heated oven!! :shocked:

Keep outta the heat, stay cool, stay hydrated, and stay safe & healthy! :thumbup:

canamjhb
06-16-2022, 01:23 PM
Today we are back to HOT here in the desert S.W. Today it will get to 112+. There is a 2 MPH breeze and the humidity is at 9%. The low over night will get down to 83. The weather guessers are forecasting a slight chance of monsoon action for Saturday. That would bring a little heat relief and much needed precipitation. We haven't seen any rain at all since the first of last March. There are a few wildfires in the state. Those brave people fighting them need all the help mother nature could provide. Stay safe..... Jim

chris56
06-17-2022, 01:41 AM
Like every year we rode the highest Pass here in the Austrian Alps this weekend (up to 7500 feet) - the weather was perfect, but the temperatur was between 42 to 77°F (6-25°C) .. I used my warm Rotax Overall and my girl four Jackets ... look here :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_gGFpzJk0s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIkeAZs7A2U&t=21s

Little Blue
06-17-2022, 12:51 PM
Indiana heat is coming down 5°F, currently 77° F. Yesterday was 97°F and a Heat index of 106°F. ....:gaah:

Today we have a rain storm coming and maybe cool us down.
High 86°F with some rain showers, low of 64°F.

MNBK
06-17-2022, 01:47 PM
Well I don't care what the weather will be like on Saturday the 25th cause I'm going riding! This morning my spine surgeon took off the hard cervical collar that I have been wearing since May 12th due to surgery. He x-rayed my neck said all looks fine and in one week I can finally start my riding season, no more PMS (parked motorcycle syndrome). I won't care if it's hot, cold, wet or dry cause I'm going for a short ride.:2thumbs:

Little Blue
06-17-2022, 02:26 PM
Well I don't care what the weather will be like on Saturday the 25th cause I'm going riding! This morning my spine surgeon took off the hard cervical collar that I have been wearing since May 12th due to surgery. He x-rayed my neck said all looks fine and in one week I can finally start my riding season, no more PMS (parked motorcycle syndrome). I won't care if it's hot, cold, wet or dry cause I'm going for a short ride.:2thumbs:

Man oh man, that's awesome.
Sending Prayers for you. I know that feeling and hopefully you will be able to get out there and Ryde. .....:thumbup:

Currently sunshine and 78°F here in my local area.
Had some rain showers about 30 minutes ago. Received about 2-tenths of rain. It has been 7 days since we had rain. They say off and on Rain till 7pm. ......:yes:

Deanna777
06-17-2022, 09:04 PM
It is raining here now in Vt.

Tomorrow the temps in the 50's ( and possible snow flurries in the higher elevations!!!!:gaah:) It is June!!!!

Deanna

Little Blue
06-18-2022, 12:10 AM
:chat:...Well the final total on the rain remains at 2/10 of an inch for Friday. We were hoping for about an inch of rain.
The corn and beans are good but definitely need a good rain. Some of the Indiana Farmers have been rolling grass bales. (Food for live stock.) This is usually done by the last of June.

Currently we have 71°F with some clouds.

canamjhb
06-18-2022, 02:31 PM
Today we will get some rain showers here in the desert S.W. for the first time in over 3 months! The high will only get to 98. Humidity is up to 37%. Winds are 9 MPH. It is mostly cloudy. I can hear the sweet sound of thunder in the distance. A check of the weather radar shows a quick moving storm heading directly towards us. The size of the storm looks like it will produce about 1/2 hour of rain as it passes. Bring it on..... Stay safe..... Jim

Edit; Well, that didn't work out! The thunder storm that was heading directly towards us evaporated as it was entering the valley. The remnants moved off to the N.E. We got a few wind driven rain drops but not enough to wet the street. Just droplet spots that evaporated as quickly as they appeared. The cloud cover from this morning is now opening up and it is now mostly sunny.

The Valley of the Sun, Metropolitan Phoenix area, is an area approximately 60 miles in diameter surrounded by higher elevations and mountains on all sides. Often times storms will develop in the higher elevations and come close, but not be strong enough to make it into the valley area. Today was one of those. Close but no cigar.....

ARtraveler
06-18-2022, 03:42 PM
We just got back from our honeymoon trip. Had to wait a month or so to do it...but now we can say we did it.

Went to Mt. Magazine near Paris AR. A very popular place with many. The highest elevation in the state (2735 feet). Now I can say I have been to the highest place in two states. MN was the other. Eagle Mtn. in the BWCA of MN. Elev. 2301. Way back in the 80's for that one.

Mt. Magazine features a quaint lodge building. Very nice. Reminiscent of the big lodge in Yellowstone. We drove the air-conditioned Outback this trip. Had a luxury suite with all the amenities. Price very reasonable (about 1/2 price) compared to similar digs elsewhere. Temps in the 90's and sunny the whole time. We were there on Thurs. (apparently an "off" day), so the restaurant was not offering "full" fare. We now have a "yearly" destination for sure. The views... to die for.

Little Blue
06-18-2022, 04:42 PM
:yes:...Here in Indiana, we really have a great day today. Currently we are at 77°F with sunshine.
No rain in the forecast for today or tomorrow. The humidity is at a more comfortable level too.
Sorry for those of you who are still dealing with all the heat.
I pray that you will be able to get thorough this season.

Today's high was 79°F and sunny. Low of 51°F tonight.
Sunday 80°F and sunshine, low of 53°F.

Remember tomorrow is 'FATHER'S DAY'.

I hope you get to enjoy a good time with your family.
Enjoy your Weekend and Stay Safe.

Stay Healthy. .....:thumbup:

Little Blue
06-18-2022, 04:48 PM
:yes:....So glad that you got to enjoy your time (honey moon). I remember mine like it was yesterday. The wife and I have enjoyed our time together.
As they say 'Life is sooooo Good'. .......:shemademe_smilie:

Enjoy your many years of happiness.
Stay Healthy and Be Safe. .......:thumbup:

RapidSpyder
06-18-2022, 11:16 PM
98 and humid (for us) so we headed for the hills. 77 and pleasant in Hill City after a rain…

Little Blue
06-20-2022, 06:23 AM
:chat:....Today the temperatures are starting to climb, currently 56°F.
The weather people are saying lots of
Heat is coming to the Midwest. Range of 92°F to 98°F this week. ......:banghead:

I will try and make the best of it (hot and humid).
Today only 92°F, with sunshine. Low 65°F.

Everything is good for now.

:shemademe_smilie:.........I hope you had a Happy Father's Day yesterday.

Deanna777
06-20-2022, 12:43 PM
Today here in VT. The temps in the 70's and sunny, blue skies, low humidity.

Summer officially begins Tomorrow @ 5:13 A.M.

We will get a frontal system moves in from the Great Lakes region. We get some thunderstorms starting on late on Tuesday and into Tuesday night. Some showers may linger into Wednesday.

The last part of this week, the temps will feel like summer, we will get some summer like humidity, and some summer like temps. ( 80's and maybe 90's).

Sunday, will also be like summer.

Deanna

Little Blue
06-21-2022, 06:23 AM
:yes:....Today is the first day of Summer, currently 61°F.
This is also the longest day of daylight. Tomorrow the daylight will be a little less.
You know the drill and I will let it go.

Today's temperatures 94°F with sunshine, low of 72°F.
Everything is growing fast and June is coming to the End.

Stay Healthy. ......:thumbup:

Deanna777
06-21-2022, 11:43 AM
Today's temps are in the 60's and cloudy.

Today the weather will be unsettled, and a bit on the cool side, we will be getting a frontal system, ( which is coming in from Northern New York). An occasional batch of rain and thunderstorms.
After the frontal system goes by, we will have some serious summer temps, temps in the upper 80's and it will be more humid!

Deanna

Azbronco
06-21-2022, 03:01 PM
95 and humid. The next two days are supposed to hit 100. It's too miserable to go for a walk, yet I still manage to get some daily wind therapy!

Although right now I'm jealous of those of you with beautiful temps in the 70s/80s, I take the tradeoff of being able to ride year-round.

Little Blue
06-22-2022, 06:00 AM
:coffee: .....Well this is Day 2 of the '22 Summer, currently here in Indiana we have 70°F. Yesterday was very hot but today is going to be hotter. Did my outdoor activities by noon. Enjoyed drinking some good ole 'sun tea' and working on a puzzle. I forgot how difficult it was to do a 1000 piece puzzle. But the wife enjoys the quality time together.

Today high 96°F with lots of Sunshine. Low of 72°F.
Maybe get a chance for some rain showers tomorrow morning.

canamjhb
06-22-2022, 12:40 PM
Clear blue sky's here in the desert S.W. Today's high will be 105. The "low" overnight will get all the way down to 86! Humidity is at 27% and the wind is at 4 MPH. There is a possibility of some monsoon action tomorrow and again on Friday. I do hope that happens. The few drops we had here a few days ago turned out to not be enough to be measurable. Those out driving got enough just to make spotted messes on their cars. Talked to one guy who decided to try his windshield wipers. Wrong decision! One of his wipers immediately tore from being stuck to the glass due to lack of use. His windshield ended up being a smeary mess. That happens a lot around here. Wipers are used so infrequently that they go bad from just sitting. Stay safe..... Jim

Little Blue
06-23-2022, 02:05 AM
I could not sleep due to my stomach flu. So I thought I would post something a wee bit early. Currently 75°F with humidity at 85%, because it rain yesterday evening.

I am sitting outside on the porch in the dark so that the bugs might stay away.
It looks like the bugs have radar and are able to get me. ....:gaah:

So now I am back in the house. I can't see the stars but the bugs were just to much. It was a clear sky and lots of stars. ...... :yes:

So the weather people are saying some rain showers coming today.
High of 91°F with sunshine. Low of 74°F.
Maybe get a evening rain shower.

Enjoy your Day and Ryde if you're able.

ARtraveler
06-23-2022, 10:35 AM
We are in a week of 90's.

canamjhb
06-23-2022, 11:22 AM
The weather guessers erased monsoons from today's and tomorrow's forecast. Instead, it will be sunny and hot, 109 both days. Humidity is at 27% and the wind is at 5 MPH. Just loaded my golf cart onto my trailer. Taking it to the DMV for an inspection in order to get it licensed for street use. It will become my grocery store buggy. Stay safe..... Jim

Little Blue
06-24-2022, 04:52 AM
:coffee:... This morning I'm feeling much better than the last two days. I had a bug or something that was going around. Thankfully I have persevere this issue and moving forward.

Currently 65°F with clear skies.
High of 94°F with lots of Sunshine. Low of 70°F.

Get out there and enjoy some ryde time.

canamjhb
06-24-2022, 01:48 PM
ON, OFF, ON AGAIN, OFF, HAPPENED ANYWAY..... That was the monsoon weather forecast for yesterday. We had some thunder storms pop up in the late afternoon. The heavens dropped some H2O on the sauna we live in here in the desert S.W. Not a lot, but enough to moisten the street. The wet stuff was preceded by some gusty winds (40-50 MPH) and dust storms in some places here in the valley. This is a pretty normal weather pattern for this time of year. The temperature dropped to the mid 90s by sundown and everything quieted down. My usual evening golf cart ride around the neighborhood was very pleasant. My companion, gin and tonic, was especially pleasant too.

Today the forecast is for partly cloudy with a high of 105. The humidity is 26% and the wind is at 2 MPH. As of 11:30 there are no clouds in sight. Maybe we'll get some later this afternoon. Stay safe..... Jim

Little Blue
06-25-2022, 05:23 AM
:coffee:...Yesterday's sunshine was great and very enjoyable, currently 64°F. The weekend temperatures are staying at a more comfortable level. So I am up for some real good Ryde Times. The humidity and heat makes for a less enjoyable Ryde. I usually have to get out early morning and do my Ryde.

Today 91°F with sunshine, low of 73°F.
Sunday's high will be only 87°F with a chance of Rain. Low at 61°F.
I hope you have a good weekend and are able to get out there and enjoy some Ryde Time.

MNBK
06-25-2022, 02:39 PM
Well our son and grandson brought our f3's to us today. I just got back from about a 50 mile ride. The neck is a little sore but nothing I can't handle, gotta keep working on getting it stronger. Just beat the rain by about a minute. Got backed into the garage, turned the spyder off and the rain started. I just sat there and smiled. It's a very good day.

canamjhb
06-26-2022, 02:07 PM
It will get to 105 today here in the desert S.W. That's about the average temperature for this time of year. The humidity is at 25% and there is a 9 MPH breeze. There are a few white puffy clouds hanging around. The forecast is for some light rain between 5 and 6PM. Stay safe..... Jim

Deanna777
06-26-2022, 02:21 PM
Here in VT. we have sunny skies, hot, humid weather.

Today's temps in the 80's and 90's .

I am not complaining.

Deanna

Little Blue
06-27-2022, 06:12 AM
:coffee:... Man oh Man that was some good weekend Weather. Well in my local area of Indiana, currently 73°F and overcast. I hope you had a good time and enjoyed your 'Smile Miles'. I sure did. Chance of Rain today.

High of 83°F with clouds, low 61°F.

ARtraveler
06-27-2022, 10:33 PM
Got a bit of a break today. 8:00 AM 70 degrees, partly cloudy, and a cool breeze blowing.

We spent a couple hours on the front porch drinking coffee and watching the mother cat (Junebug) and her three kittens frolicking on the porch and the cat trees. Junebug is a "miracle" cat to us. Part of a feral family, she was an outcast from the get go. All the other kittens were black. She is a beautiful torty with an orange patch on one side. She used to take shelter in our car by climbing up into the engine compartment. One day, we forgot to look and Linda went off to do some errands. She stopped at a sonic drive in about five miles away from the house. Car would not start, she opened up the hood and out jumped Junebug. She took off out of the parking lot alongside a busy highway. We thought that was the end of her. We both said a prayer for her. Two days later, who is at our door, bright and early in the morning? Junebug. She is truly a miracle, since there is a lot of country between the drive in and where we live. She had over five miles to navigate her way back. Since then, she has been a home body, never straying to far from our home.

Moving ahead a couple months...Junebug got pregnant and we watched her stomach grow. The day of the birth, she had her kittens here in one of the compartments in the cat tree. The next day, she moved them into the garage. Of course, Linda (the cat lady), put a nice box and a rug in the garage for mommy and the kittens. There are three. One a full blown tiger cat (tigger), a partial tiger cat, with mommys colors (a torty) with an orange patch right above her eyes (she got named Patch). The third was total black (now called Coco). Black was the prevalent color of most of the cats we have been in the company of (feral). It is now two months plus one week. The kittens are growing daily. Both mom and kittens have not left the house. They come out of the garage each morning, hang around the house, play on the porch, and at night go back into the garage. They specially like the utility room. They get the air conditioning from the ceiling vent, so their nightly digs are comfortable in the sweltering heat we have been encountering.

The cat books say this is getting to the time when they will part company. Time will tell. We have decided to let Junebug become one of our house cats, if she wants to. We also have two others...rescued from abandonment by their mothers about a year ago. They are both black. Missy and Sissy. We are both trying to not get to attached to the kittens. But...............:bbq: :bbq:

Well, I digressed a bit from the weather. But now you know all about our cats. :bowdown:

Little Blue
06-28-2022, 06:14 AM
:coffee:....I too, had a simular story about my cat. It was about 20+ years ago. We enjoyed having a cat that was a 'super mouser'. This cat caught a mouse and then always brought it up to the door. My wife would 'talk' to the cat and say 'good job'. By the way we never determined the sex of 'Tigger'. When Tigger passed away we were very sad. So no more animals for us.

On with the next chapter of weather news from Indiana.
Currently 61°F with clear sky. Going to be another sunny day for me. High today 84°F with sunshine and lots of humidity. Low of 63°F.
This first week of summer has been somewhat crazy, high of 97°F and low of 61°F. Normal for this time of year should be about 84°F for the high, and 56°F to 63°F for the low.

Anyhow Enjoy Your Day.

canamjhb
06-28-2022, 12:44 PM
Another typical summer day for the desert S.W. Sunny blue sky. It's 100 now (10:30AM) and will be 105 by 2PM. Wind at 7 MPH and humidity at 30%. Yesterday the early forecast was for thunder showers moving through our area. That never happened! The monsoon activity is staying to the south and east of us. Our overnight lows have been in the mid to upper 80s so we never really cool down. Afternoon and evenings monsoons would be welcomed to help with the heat. Stay safe..... Jim

Little Blue
06-30-2022, 04:07 AM
:coffee: Yesterday was a very challenging day. I made it through and now moving forward.
Currently 65°F and clear skies.

We had 91°F as the high and 62°F for the low.

I hope you had a good day. ......:thumbup:

Stay Healthy.

RapidSpyder
06-30-2022, 08:49 AM
After 100 yesterday, low 80’s today.

canamjhb
06-30-2022, 01:18 PM
Today is partly sunny/cloudy here in the desert S.W. The high will be 105. Wind at 4 MPH and the humidity is 37%. We have a chance of light rain between 4 and 9PM. Hope it happens. The humidity is a bit on the high side for us so maybe..... Last night just after sundown I sat on my front porch and watched the lightning in the distance. This happens most evenings as pop-up thunderstorms develop in the high country surrounding the valley. The storms were not close enough for me to hear the thunder. After about an hour they just seemed to evaporate and went away. Stay safe..... Jim

Little Blue
06-30-2022, 03:18 PM
:lecturef_smilie:....Well folks the month of June is coming to the end.
The wife and I were just saying, where did it go.
Seems like the older one gets the faster the time passes.
I hope you have enjoyed reading this weather news and will continue your support.
Better yet post up your local area weather news.
We have enjoyed reading all your posts.

Today we have 92°F with sunshine and some clouds.
Low of 67° and 20% chance of getting a little rain.
We are now short on rain and hope to receive some this weekend.

Just a fast update: that 20% chance of rain is happening now.

ARtraveler
06-30-2022, 06:21 PM
We hit 90 again today. Sunny and a little bit of a breeze blowing. A fitting way to end the month of June.

Next week...the weather people are saying to expect the hottest weather so far this year. 3 digits possible.

Deanna777
06-30-2022, 08:11 PM
Tomorrow here in VT. the temps will be in the 90's.

The weather will be hot and humid.

Deanna