PDA

View Full Version : Another new member from Ontario

RealWing
05-31-2022, 09:54 AM
Atrer reaching 78, I thought it prudent to sell my 2015 BMW K1600 GTL and move to something a little more stable at slow speeds. I hated to give it up, but it was time.
So I sold my GTL last week and went shopping for a new toy!
Test drove a 2021 Spyder STS demo at Lockhart’s Odyssey in Courtland and really liked it, although it is a big change from a motorcycle!
I was focused on a 2022 RT Limited. They had a few unsold ones on order.
I spent some time with the head mechanic (Tony) to get a good feel for the qualifications and training of the mechanics. He knew about the front pulley recall that I think just came out a week or 2 ago. Then I asked for a shop tour, which he did without any hesitation. very impressed, so that sealed the deal.
Bought a dark trim RTL in the red colour. Was going to buy a GPS, but they only offer the Zumo 590, which is obsolete! I’ll buy a Zumo XT and they said they would install it for me.
No idea when it will be shipped. Supposed to be end if June but more likely July or even August.
Jim
Ps
Just noticed that the STS no longer comes with the heated comfort/ultimate seat or the backrest. Now listed as extra cost options and the list price of the STS stayed the same!

My other toys
1969 Plymouth Barracuda 340 Formula S fastback (being restored)
1669 Plymouth Barracuda convertible, 6.1 Hemi restomod
1970 Plymouth Superbird 440-6bbl

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-31-2022, 12:47 PM
Atrer reaching 78, I thought it prudent to sell my 2015 BMW K1600 GTL and move to something a little more stable at slow speeds. I hated to give it up, but it was time.
So I sold my GTL last week and went shopping for a new toy!
Test drove a 2021 Spyder STS demo at Lockhart’s Odyssey in Courtland and really liked it, although it is a big change from a motorcycle!
I was focused on a 2022 RT Limited. They had a few unsold ones on order.
I spent some time with the head mechanic (Tony) to get a good feel for the qualifications and training of the mechanics. He knew about the front pulley recall that I think just came out a week or 2 ago. Then I asked for a shop tour, which he did without any hesitation. very impressed, so that sealed the deal.
Bought a dark trim RTL in the red colour. Was going to buy a GPS, but they only offer the Zumo 590, which is obsolete! I’ll buy a Zumo XT and they said they would install it for me.
No idea when it will be shipped. Supposed to be end if June but more likely July or even August.
Jim
Ps
Just noticed that the STS no longer comes with the heated comfort/ultimate seat or the backrest. Now listed as extra cost options and the list price of the STS stayed the same!

My other toys
1969 Plymouth Barracuda 340 Formula S fastback (being restored)
1669 Plymouth Barracuda convertible, 6.1 Hemi restomod
1970 Plymouth Superbird 440-6bbl

"STS " ???? .... they stopped making that model 5-6 years ago ..... However :congrats: & :welcome: ...... Mike :thumbup:

RealWing
05-31-2022, 02:58 PM
The Sea to Sky is still around.

dpetrick
05-31-2022, 03:43 PM
Welcome!

ARtraveler
05-31-2022, 04:32 PM
The Sea to Sky is still around.

Good catch. That makes sense. We usually use the abbreviation S2S for Sea to Sky model on the site....so I did not catch that either. :bowdown:

The STS was a stripped down RTS. Bags and trunk were optional.

:welcome: and :congrats:

Partzman23
05-31-2022, 10:31 PM
:congrats::welcome:

RealWing
07-22-2022, 07:21 PM
Just checked with the dealer again. No updates on delivery☹️☹️☹️

Deanna777
07-22-2022, 09:23 PM
:welcome:

:congrats:

Deanna

RickWB
07-23-2022, 11:02 AM
Welcome, and cool cars you have!

Canuckrob
07-23-2022, 11:05 AM
Welcome to the 3 wheeled world, enjoy and ride safe!

RealWing
07-23-2022, 02:12 PM
Welcome, and cool cars you have!
Thanks. Restoring these old cars is keeping me young!! (I hope!!)
Jim

https://www.hemmings.com/stories/article/modernized-mopar-1969-plymouth-barracuda

https://www.motortrend.com/features/1970-plymouth-superbird-pace-yourself/

Northofthesix
07-23-2022, 05:10 PM
I drive 3 hours each way to Courtland for my servicing... they seem to be one of the better shops in southern Ontario to deal with for sure.

Your S2S will get here eventually, and you'll love it!! Take it from a guy who shifted from a Yamaha Venture 3 years ago and has never looked back!

RealWing
07-23-2022, 08:25 PM
I ended up ordering a RTL, Dark trim. CanAm dropped the comfort seat and backrest, but kept the same list price on the S2S!! The RTL was a better deal and the dealer already had this unsold RTL on order.

RealWing
08-03-2022, 10:37 AM
Found out yesterday my Spyder has arrived at the dealer. Yippee!! They are putting it together and may be able to pick it up next week.

RealWing
02-10-2023, 08:50 PM
After picking up the RTL in August, I’ve been back to the dealer 3 times!! When riding it home, I noticed that the RTL darted suddenly for the ditch when crossing the road centreline!! Also noticed the drive belt hard up against the flange on the rear sprocket. The dealer checked the alignment and it was out of spec from the factory. I found that the tire pressures were not equal on the front. Much better after that.
Then there were several times that I found the parking brake off when I started the rtl!! Back to the dealer for checks. No fault found. Happened again and dealer wanted it back after checking with the mother ship. Of course it could not be reproduced!! Hasn’t happened again. Not good.
Bought a backrest from Utopia which is a great riding improvement. Added a 12 V outlet for my heated jacket liner. Installed upper and lower adjustable wind deflectors and a security lock for the Zumo XT GPS.
Bought some other bits over the winter: a wider windshield, SS grille covers, handlebar riser kit and floorboard LED lighting strips.
Hope spring comes soon!!
Jim

Knizar
02-10-2023, 11:17 PM
After picking up the RTL in August, I’ve been back to the dealer 3 times!! When riding it home, I noticed that the RTL darted suddenly for the ditch when crossing the road centreline!! Also noticed the drive belt hard up against the flange on the rear sprocket. The dealer checked the alignment and it was out of spec from the factory. I found that the tire pressures were not equal on the front. Much better after that.
Then there were several times that I found the parking brake off when I started the rtl!! Back to the dealer for checks. No fault found. Happened again and dealer wanted it back after checking with the mother ship. Of course it could not be reproduced!! Hasn’t happened again. Not good.
Bought a backrest from Utopia which is a great riding improvement. Added a 12 V outlet for my heated jacket liner. Installed upper and lower adjustable wind deflectors and a security lock for the Zumo XT GPS.
Bought some other bits over the winter: a wider windshield, SS grille covers, handlebar riser kit and floorboard LED lighting strips.
Hope spring comes soon!!
Jim

Real Wing, Sorry to hear about the problems you've had with your new RTL. I truly hope they get the "Bugs" out before spring, because these 2020+ Spyders' are a pleasure to ride. Don't give up on it. We just wish that our place of residence was in a warmer climate, so we could put more miles on it per season. "Maybe one day that will happen too" Good Luck :thumbup: Bill

RealWing
02-11-2023, 09:48 AM
Hi Bill
I’m definitely not going to give up on it!! I love riding on it so far. Your weather in Minnesota and ours in Ontario is quite similar, but it will soon be warmer for both of us.
Jim