PDA

View Full Version : Another Police encounter--- ;-)

Firefly
10-10-2009, 05:02 PM
But this one was a GOOD one!

Local MC patrol stopped at my shop and brought his new ride in for me to see---- pretty slick--- I guess they were the 2nd in the nation to get one of these for patrol. Told him about some of the Spyders being used also---- going to send him pics of the Spyder ones. Didn't have my camera on me--- but you can see them on the site below. He loves his new ride.

While the Spyder can certainly fit a niche for police departments - in a pursuit the width could be a hindrance. I would think the next logical step would be a Buell with a Rotax Helicon powerplant... then again the air-cooled are cheap and easy to maintain.

http://www.buell.com/en_us/bikes/police/XB12XP/

ataDude
10-10-2009, 05:39 PM
Did you notice this?

"The Ulysses Police will be offered in two color choices: Birch White and Villain Black."

:D :yikes: :D :yikes:

Smylinacha
10-10-2009, 06:14 PM
Man, cops take all the fun out of every new toy:cus:

Firefly
10-10-2009, 06:51 PM
Did you notice this?

"The Ulysses Police will be offered in two color choices: Birch White and Villain Black."

Yeah-- I did--- :shocked:

Don in E Texas
10-11-2009, 09:05 AM
Quote:

The Ulysses Police has an EPA fuel mileage rating of 51 mpg urban/64 mpg highway.

don

3wheeldemon
10-12-2009, 02:31 PM
Man, cops take all the fun out of every new toy:cus:

:D (you said it, I just though it)

3WD

ArmyJoe
10-12-2009, 02:54 PM
Did you notice this?

I was just going to post that before I read the rest of the thread. :roflblack:

Bersquack
10-12-2009, 05:25 PM
I am just glad to see another american bike option for our beloved police officers.