PDA

View Full Version : Hitch question

DannyS
10-09-2009, 10:29 PM
:spyder:I know the RT's will be a while, but do you think the hitch will be available sooner?

Lamonster
10-10-2009, 07:49 AM
Have you checked with your parts guy?

DannyS
10-10-2009, 10:58 PM
They know less than I do.:spyder:

Magic Man
10-11-2009, 12:18 AM
They know less than I do.:spyder:

Sounds about right. :shocked:

It is so funny how Spyderlovers forum members usually know things long before their dealers do, and usually in more depth when it is they finally do? :gaah:

You'd think they'd take a few minutes and come here once a day and see what's up in the Spyder world outside of their dealership? :dontknow:

MM

Spyderjuice
10-11-2009, 07:12 AM
I've given my dealer this web URL and they act like they could care less. They never seem to know what is the latest or what is going on. I don't think they will be a dealer once their stock is sold and gone.

Juice

bjt
10-11-2009, 07:18 AM
I've given my dealer this web URL and they act like they could care less. They never seem to know what is the latest or what is going on. I don't think they will be a dealer once their stock is sold and gone.

Juice

BRPs initial vision for the Spyder dealers was to have a great network of full line dealers who are excited about the Spyder along with all the other BRP products. Those who got in without that excitement may fall by the wayside.

Spyderjuice
10-11-2009, 08:14 AM
BRPs initial vision for the Spyder dealers was to have a great network of full line dealers who are excited about the Spyder along with all the other BRP products. Those who got in without that excitement may fall by the wayside.

I agree with you. However, BRP wants dealers to carry all their products and even tell them what and how many they must have in stock. My area is not a big atv or water products area so the dealer did not want to carry products they couldn't sell, so now they won't carry the spyder either. I think the market for an area should be taken into consideration by BRP. From what I have observed, the BRP Cam-Am atv's are more expensive than the competition and the other brand quality is very good for less money. I see both sides of this, but I think the dealer should be able to decide what inventory he needs or wants and can sell. It's his money. No, I'm not a dealer.

jwfranklin
10-11-2009, 09:30 AM
Sounds about right. :shocked:

It is so funny how Spyderlovers forum members usually know things long before their dealers do, and usually in more depth when it is they finally do? :gaah:

You'd think they'd take a few minutes and come here once a day and see what's up in the Spyder world outside of their dealership? :dontknow:

MM

It is funny, It was reported on here the fix to the update being available on Monday. Carlo called me Tuesday morning to inform me of the same. When I went by the dealer later that day, they didn'i know about it untill they checked BOSSWEB.

CaptRalph
10-11-2009, 12:58 PM
I've given my dealer this web URL and they act like they could care less. They never seem to know what is the latest or what is going on.
Juice

Same here, I've told them and their reply has been "Don't believe everything you read on those blogs, usually they are full of BS and wrong info!" Well this blog knows so much more than they do and way before that I only believe half, if that much, of what the dealer says...

q-brrr
10-11-2009, 08:12 PM
Keep in mind that most bikes have a forum(none as good as this one!)and it would be hard to keep up with forums for all bikes each dealer sells. Be patient and help educate your dealers. :2thumbs:

bjt
10-12-2009, 06:55 AM
I agree with you. However, BRP wants dealers to carry all their products and even tell them what and how many they must have in stock. My area is not a big atv or water products area so the dealer did not want to carry products they couldn't sell, so now they won't carry the spyder either. I think the market for an area should be taken into consideration by BRP. From what I have observed, the BRP Cam-Am atv's are more expensive than the competition and the other brand quality is very good for less money. I see both sides of this, but I think the dealer should be able to decide what inventory he needs or wants and can sell. It's his money. No, I'm not a dealer.

In your post that I was responding to, you stated that your dealer seems disinterested in the Spyder. My point was, that is not who BRP wants distributing their stuff.

Keep in mind that most bikes have a forum(none as good as this one!)and it would be hard to keep up with forums for all bikes each dealer sells. Be patient and help educate your dealers. :2thumbs:

+1

Spyderjuice
10-12-2009, 07:14 AM
In your post that I was responding to, you stated that your dealer seems disinterested in the Spyder. My point was, that is not who BRP wants distributing their stuff.

The dealer was very excited about the Spyder, but BRP insists he carry all the other lines, (Seadoo, atv, etc.) and he has no market for those, so he said he didn't want that inventory, so BRP won't now allow him to have the factory incentives to help move old inventory or carry the Spyder. (I've heard of this in several states now) He is hoping BRP will allow him to service them, but I wonder if they will or allow him to have BUDS to be able to service. I just don't understand their marketing. I guess the Canadians just have a different idea about how things should be done and feel they can dictate. I think the economy has a lot to do with all this right now too. It just doesn't help the consumer with obtaining service when you can't get parts in a timely manner and have to trailer your spyder for miles and miles when it is broken down. My rant is over. I like and enjoy my spyder.

Juice

fastfraser
10-12-2009, 07:22 AM
The dealer was very excited about the Spyder, but BRP insists he carry all the other lines, (Seadoo, atv, etc.) and he has no market for those, so he said he didn't want that inventory, so BRP won't now allow him to have the factory incentives to help move old inventory or carry the Spyder. (I've heard of this in several states now) He is hoping BRP will allow him to service them, but I wonder if they will or allow him to have BUDS to be able to service. I just don't understand their marketing. I guess the Canadians just have a different idea about how things should be done and feel they can dictate. I think the economy has a lot to do with all this right now too. It just doesn't help the consumer with obtaining service when you can't get parts in a timely manner and have to trailer your spyder for miles and miles when it is broken down. My rant is over. I like and enjoy my spyder.

Juice

You said Canadians ! I'm sure you ment BRP.

Spyderjuice
10-12-2009, 07:55 AM
You said Canadians ! I'm sure you ment BRP.

Your're right. BRP. I'm not trying to start anything. This rant should be over. Let's all enjoy our spyders and ryde on.
Juice

bjt
10-12-2009, 08:01 AM

Juice

Okay, I didn't know the backstory on your dealer situation. This quote was all I was going off of which led me to believe that your dealer just didn't care at all.

Putt-Putt
10-22-2009, 10:21 AM
I have a question on the trailer hitch vidieo. The hitch looks very similiar in design to the one (forget who made) that everybody said was a poor design and was thought the Bush Teck was a much better design. So whats up?

NancysToy
10-22-2009, 11:29 AM
I have a question on the trailer hitch vidieo. The hitch looks very similiar in design to the one (forget who made) that everybody said was a poor design and was thought the Bush Teck was a much better design. So whats up?
The hitch is a swingarm mounted hitch, similar to the Mel's Monster Hitch. BRP had added a patent pending shock absorbing mechanism to reduce shock loads to the Spyder and its components, and to prevent possible shock interference with the VSS. They have also included a wiring harness compatible with the new RT, and a lighting control module. Their design includes an integral mudflap, too. Obviously the Mel's hitch concept was not as poor as a lot of people thought, but BRP did a lot to refine it to where they thought is was acceptable, and they did some actual engineering load calculations and some testing to assure that it was safe.

LittleJohn
10-22-2009, 12:32 PM
The hitch is a swingarm mounted hitch, similar to the Mel's Monster Hitch. BRP had added a patent pending shock absorbing mechanism to reduce shock loads to the Spyder and its components, and to prevent possible shock interference with the VSS. They have also included a wiring harness compatible with the new RT, and a lighting control module. Their design includes an integral mudflap, too. Obviously the Mel's hitch concept was not as poor as a lot of people thought, but BRP did a lot to refine it to where they thought is was acceptable, and they did some actual engineering load calculations and some testing to assure that it was safe.

Sweet!!!!
I too thought it was simply a version of the MMG one, but now that I know its different, and probably better, I think Ill wait and spend way too much money on the BRP one, since it is reported to fit the 08 / 09 GS bikes.

Putt-Putt
10-22-2009, 12:36 PM
You guys are amazing ya know everthing. But thats to be expected this is SPYDER LOVERS. :firstplace:

Thanks guys

obiwanbill
11-04-2009, 11:27 PM
Sweet!!!!
I too thought it was simply a version of the MMG one, but now that I know its different, and probably better, I think Ill wait and spend way too much money on the BRP one, since it is reported to fit the 08 / 09 GS bikes.

I've had a MMG hitch since June 09 with zero problems. has a wheelchair holder attached to the hitch. zero problems with handling/braking etc...

I live about an hour from Mels' shop and have bought additional items there like shock covers, air intake, fender and trunk bras, windshield.

Jimmy Mels takes pride in his work and stands behind it 100%.

The bad rap he's recieved about the hitch is unfounded and unfair...now he's vindicated:roflblack: as BMP ripped off his original design. Guess he's vindicated by that action:congrats:. BTW, his hitch is alot less expensive than the BMP version:ohyea: