PDA

View Full Version : Germany anyone?

shansmow
10-09-2009, 10:01 AM
I've noticed some people are from out of country and am curious if anyone is in Germany. I will be moving there for 3 years at the beginning of the year (Grafenwoehr) and am wondering about other ryders. I've heard it's a lot of cold weather/snow in the winter but the summers are very mild compared to here in the south. Since I just got my :spyder2: in June I really want to take it with me instead of putting it in storage or letting a relative "take care of it" for me.

I was told by my dealer that there aren't any authorized dealers, etc. there and was curious if anyone has had any problems with fixes and/or updates, etc. I didn't purchase the extended warrenty based on what the dealer told me and am wondering if I should; however, if there isn't anyone there that would honor the warrenty.....

Any thoughts, comments, recommendations would be welcomed.

Thanks!

chris56
10-09-2009, 10:07 AM
there are also some 200 spyders and some dealers there - have a look at
www.spyderforum.de (http://www.spyderforum.de)
and learn a little german - but there are for shure also english speaking helpers on this forum
chris ( austria)

Roaddog2
10-09-2009, 10:46 AM
there are also some 200 spyders and some dealers there - have a look at
www.spyderforum.de (http://www.spyderforum.de)
and learn a little german - but there are for shure also english speaking helpers on this forum
chris ( austria)After seeing this I bring it :spyder2:

NewRider
10-09-2009, 12:09 PM
Enjoy yourself in the Bundesrepublik...and make sure you ride in both Switzerland and Austria. Beautiful countries, all three, with a fantastic road network. (The backroads has a charm all their own. Right, Chris?) :f_spider:

Brevet05
10-09-2009, 01:06 PM
I'm not in Germany now, but I have had three tours (Frankfurt, Heilbronn, Hanau) there. On my first tour, I received the same advice not to take my car over there, and although I bought an Audi that was fine, I regretted not having decided to ship my car.
The good news, assuming that you're military, is that you can ship the Spyder in your household goods, assuming that you have room in your JTR weight allowance.
I echo the comments of the others about the beauty of Germany's roads! I was in a German PT Cruiser club, and had a great time touring Germany and attending rallies. A little effort with the Rosetta Stone will go a long way in improving the quality of your tour.:clap:

chris56
10-09-2009, 01:32 PM
Enjoy yourself in the Bundesrepublik...and make sure you ride in both Switzerland and Austria. Beautiful countries, all three, with a fantastic road network. (The backroads has a charm all their own. Right, Chris?) :f_spider:

germany => you are official allowed to drive as fast as you can (autobahn) no joke - hope your spy had a good service..

Switzerland ==> if you are too fast - they stop your license for some time..
i´m still not allowed to drive there .. be carefully

austria => the gate to italy - nowhere else in the world are more mountain-pass-streets than here - built for bikes ...and spyders!!
(and it`s for me the most beautifull country ..)

M2Wild
10-09-2009, 02:07 PM
Bring an extra set of oil filter / o-rings and ur good to go. Worry about the rest of stuff when you get back.

BumbleBee
10-09-2009, 05:55 PM
My Home, it's Missouri now!!! I am from Kitzingen, Germany. About 20 miles south of Wuerzburg. Very beautiful country, scenery is great. I hope you have fun ryding your spyder, learn the culture a bit, have fun with the language (that's a hard one), try out the food and pastries (yummy). :thumbup:

Not sure about dealers, but you shouldn't have a problem getting your spyder serviced over there.

Have a good trip :2thumbs:

Degaman
10-09-2009, 10:43 PM
Spent 6 years there, 3 in Fulda, and 3 in Wurzburg. Great country. Lots of beer and wine festivals. Be careful on the wet cobblestones.

Mo Lee
10-10-2009, 04:49 AM
Did a little over 10 years there during my career, loved every minute mainly because of the autobahn. Stationed in Manheim, Bamberg, and Pirmasens but saw it all.

Barbarossa
10-12-2009, 02:05 PM
Hi!

I'm a SpyderRyder from Germany. We are a small but mighty community with some 200 member as Chris56 (one of our Öschis ;)) already mentioned.

We have a lot of beautiful roads to ride a Spyder - Black Forrest, Harz Mountains, Forest of Odes, ... We also have Switzerland, Austria, France and many other interesting countries right next to ours.

In contrast to what your dealer said we have a couple of authorized BRP Spyder dealers spread over the whole country.

It would be a shame to deforce your Spyder from driving on German roads :2thumbs:

Regards,
Alex

chris56
10-12-2009, 02:23 PM
Hi!

I'm a SpyderRyder from Germany. We are a small but mighty community with some 200 member as Chris56 (one of our Öschis ;)) already mentioned.

We have a lot of beautiful roads to ride a Spyder - Black Forrest, Harz Mountains, Forest of Odes, ... We also have Switzerland, Austria, France and many other interesting countries right next to ours.

In contrast to what your dealer said we have a couple of authorized BRP Spyder dealers spread over the whole country.

It would be shame to deforce your Spyder from driving on German roads :2thumbs:

Regards,
Alex

and:clap: spyder-lovers are welcome everywhere..!!
contact us - if there would be any problems - the rotax-company is round the corner here - so no problem with oilfilters or so
chris

Motza
10-17-2009, 10:49 PM
:2thumbs:

shansmow
10-20-2009, 07:04 PM
Thank you everyone for the great information and advice. Sorry for the late reply but needs of the Army....

As of today my report date has been moved up to December 30 (at least I'll get one Christmas with my family :thumbup:) so it looks as if I'll be packing up within the month and celebrating the New Year there.

I am SO looking forward to ryding over there. I have not heard one negative thing from anyone who has lived over there.

Alex, you said there are authorized BRP dealers over there. I didn't purchase any extended warrenty based on what my dealer had told me so my question to you is should I?

Again, thanks everyone. This forum is the BEST and I'm looking forward to meeting and ryding with Alex and Chris.

Smylinacha
10-20-2009, 07:54 PM
I hear the beer is really good there.

I've noticed some people are from out of country and am curious if anyone is in Germany. I will be moving there for 3 years at the beginning of the year (Grafenwoehr) and am wondering about other ryders. I've heard it's a lot of cold weather/snow in the winter but the summers are very mild compared to here in the south. Since I just got my :spyder2: in June I really want to take it with me instead of putting it in storage or letting a relative "take care of it" for me.

I was told by my dealer that there aren't any authorized dealers, etc. there and was curious if anyone has had any problems with fixes and/or updates, etc. I didn't purchase the extended warrenty based on what the dealer told me and am wondering if I should; however, if there isn't anyone there that would honor the warrenty.....

Any thoughts, comments, recommendations would be welcomed.

Thanks!