PDA

View Full Version : HowTo: Used the water meter hole for Baja Ron bar R&R

dmiles
05-16-2022, 10:24 AM
I pulled the lid off my water meter hole in my yard, and it appeared to be close to deep enough to get the old sway arm out, and install the Baja Ron. It required just a bit of additional digging, but it worked like a champ. Just thought I'd post it for others to consider, or maybe look for other options. Bar is installed, and short test drive went well. Going to test it out more later today.

RayBJ
05-16-2022, 11:02 AM
Necessity is the mother of invention!

2dogs
05-16-2022, 11:13 AM
Finally got it after the third read. LOL Good job dmiles.

dmiles
05-18-2022, 11:04 AM
Finally got it after the third read. LOL Good job dmiles.

Yes it was hard to describe what I did, and I could have done a better job. I was just mentioning it so others might think outside the box. Honestly, even if I had to dig the 2 foot hole from scratch I still think it would have been easier than raising my Spyder that high. I actually got the idea from an older post from a member of this board who used his driveway drain. The house I grew up in had a drain that would have been perfect for this. But it is 6 hours away, and my water meter is right here. :2thumbs:

brian10x
05-09-2023, 03:26 PM
I normally use my water meter hole for dumping used oil.

Peteoz
05-09-2023, 04:46 PM
Clever, Dmiles, very clever:2thumbs: ……. Many thanks :clap:

Pete

oldguyinTX
05-09-2023, 05:29 PM

Now that's probably not a great idea environmentally and all. But it probably gives the meter reader fits.

BajaRon
05-09-2023, 06:00 PM

That's called 'Recycling'... Isn't it? Or is that when you ride your bicycle twice in one day? It's getting so confusing these days.

brian10x
05-09-2023, 06:10 PM
No, when I ride my bicycle I'm rotating my tires. I'm no longer comfortable in the world I live in. I wonder if its a byproduct of getting old. Speaking of byproducts, I have to use the bathroom again.

Quickdraw
05-10-2023, 06:49 AM
Your ride comes with a water meter hole? Was that factory or optional? :roflblack:

BajaRon
05-10-2023, 09:08 AM
I pulled the lid off my water meter hole in my yard, and it appeared to be close to deep enough to get the old sway arm out, and install the Baja Ron. It required just a bit of additional digging, but it worked like a champ. Just thought I'd post it for others to consider, or maybe look for other options. Bar is installed, and short test drive went well. Going to test it out more later today.

I've heard of a lot of different ways to do this install. But as far as I know. This is a water meter hole first! Congratuations!