PDA

View Full Version : Hey BRP, can you make this fit?

NautiBrit
10-08-2009, 09:51 PM
It's the new powerplant from the VFR1200. V4 and knowing Honda, exceptionally refined, powerfull and reliable. Could make a great successor to the Rotax.

docdoru
10-08-2009, 10:07 PM
Nice :thumbup:

RoadHammer
10-08-2009, 10:12 PM
I'd rather see the Vmax powerplant.
But honda has reliability nailed to the T. Its a matter of time before cc's are bumped I hope.

Firefly
10-08-2009, 11:38 PM
It's the new powerplant from the VFR1200. V4 and knowing Honda, exceptionally refined, powerfull and reliable. Could make a great successor to the Rotax.

Considering BRP owns Rotax---- I don't see this happening......

Love2Ride
10-09-2009, 07:22 AM
That and I heard that BMW owns a big part too.

Roaddog2
10-09-2009, 07:27 AM
Considering BRP owns Rotax---- I don't see this happening......
:agree::agree:

BajaRon
10-09-2009, 08:28 AM
I want a diesel!

I know the "It's All About the Torque" SpyderLover will back me on this!

1400cc, twin cam, four valve per cylinder, vertical twin turbo diesel with intercooling producing 100hp and 144 foot pounds of torque at 2600rpm.

j45p3r
10-09-2009, 11:57 AM
I'd rather have this one: http://www.buell.com/en_US/bikes/sport/1125R/engineering-and-design/helicon-engine.asp

And it's even a Rotax.

NewRider
10-09-2009, 12:05 PM
I'd rather have this one: http://www.buell.com/en_US/bikes/sport/1125R/engineering-and-design/helicon-engine.asp

And it's even a Rotax.

WOW! That would definitely make our Spyders stand up, and scream!:2thumbs:

ntxYguy2009
10-09-2009, 12:17 PM

And it's even a Rotax.

:agree: and we could call it the Spyder SS! :yes:

BajaRon
10-09-2009, 01:01 PM

And it's even a Rotax.

I was trying to make the Anti-High Rev, Pro High Fuel Mileage guys happy with the diesel motor.

This Rotax will not do either! :roflblack:

On another note. China just bought Hummer.... Hope & Change? Ummm....Ummm.....Um!

Firefly
10-09-2009, 04:53 PM
I was trying to make the Anti-High Rev, Pro High Fuel Mileage guys happy with the diesel motor.

This Rotax will not do either! :roflblack:

On another note. China just bought Hummer.... Hope & Change? Ummm....Ummm.....Um!

It's too bad that GM sold it's 'Hummer' line to a Chinese company - but realize the whole line has been a money sucker - too bad another American company didn't step in and buy it. It was a bad idea when they bought it from AM General in 1999.

GM never made the Humvee's that our military uses - those are still AM General made. They were going to sell Saturn to Penske - but that fell apart-- and they are also trying to sell Saab.

What they want to do is concentrate on the brands that make up 80% of their sales (Chevy, Cadillac, GMC and Buick).

The new Chinese company will keep the current lines in the US running through 2010 --- but my guess is they'll start making them over there--- and considering they can't sell them over here now--- the US sales will plummet further--- but at least it won't be a drain on GM anymore.

The China-Hummer deal has been in the works for some time now --- and GM is now out of bankruptcy-----:thumbup:. I guess I don't fault them for dumping a brand that is just a financial drain.

I think GM is making some tough choices in tough times-- hopefully these changes will allow them to continue to make many of the brands that have been American standards for so many years now.

WackyDan
10-09-2009, 05:22 PM

And it's even a Rotax.

Nice!! And I bet it would fit without much need for too much redesign...

COOLMACHINE
10-09-2009, 06:19 PM
Heck, a 6th gear would make me happy. nojoke

Firefly
10-09-2009, 06:53 PM
Heck, a 6th gear would make me happy. nojoke

You already have a 6th gear---- it's just not very fast---- and you have to look in your mirrors while using it...;)

Really need a 7 speed tranny for the Spyder---- 6 forward + reverse.....

NewRider
10-09-2009, 07:44 PM

Or the Spyder OS...For "Oh :cus:!", when you crank the throttle...:ohyea:

Trickie Dick
10-09-2009, 09:16 PM
Isn't Marcel coming out with windshield or bags or something called an Spyder SS:roflblack::roflblack:

q-brrr
10-09-2009, 09:27 PM
Unless they could get more torque, I dont think it would light it up much more than current motor. We should borrow some racing mods from Aprilia and bump up hp that way.:2thumbs:

DannyS
10-09-2009, 10:23 PM
The Buell 1125 is made by Rotax but is proprietary to Harley Davidson so I don't see it ending up in the Spyder. But if Rotax can design one they can design another. If Harley drops it they might be able to fit it into the Spyder. I don't think however that they are interested in making a faster bike but they might come out with a larger displacement engine with better torque at lower rpm for cruiser/touring customers. I think that would be years ahead though I see a smaller Spyder in the future with a smaller price tag. :doorag:

Firefly
10-10-2009, 12:46 AM
The Buell 1125 is made by Rotax but is proprietary to Harley Davidson so I don't see it ending up in the Spyder. But if Rotax can design one they can design another. If Harley drops it they might be able to fit it into the Spyder. I don't think however that they are interested in making a faster bike but they might come out with a larger displacement engine with better torque at lower rpm for cruiser/touring customers. I think that would be years ahead though I see a smaller Spyder in the future with a smaller price tag. :doorag:

How about one of their 3 cylinder supercharged ones...... :thumbup:

BajaRon
10-11-2009, 10:48 PM
They were going to sell Saturn to Penske - but that fell apart--

The reason this deal fell appart is that GM demanded that they be able to set mimum price on the vehicles sold. Why would you buy a company and relinquish pricing authority to a competitor?

What happened to "Choice and Competition"? :dontknow: I guess that is only good when provided by the government.

bjt
10-12-2009, 08:51 AM
The reason this deal fell appart is that GM demanded that they be able to set mimum price on the vehicles sold. Why would you buy a company and relinquish pricing authority to a competitor?

What happened to "Choice and Competition"? :dontknow: I guess that is only good when provided by the government.

The story I heard up here in GM country is that Penske was unable to find a supplier for Saturn vehicles after the agreement with GM to supply Saturns was completed. :dontknow:

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Car dealership operator Penske Automotive Group announced on Wednesday that it has cancelled plans to acquire General Motors' Saturn unit. As a result, GM said it will wind down the brand and dealer network, potentially putting 13,000 Saturn dealership jobs at risk.

The announcement comes nearly four months after Penske agreed to buy the rights to the 19-year old brand from GM when the automaker was in bankruptcy.

As part of the deal, GM would have continued making Saturn's three best-selling models -- the Aura sedan, as well as the Vue and Outlook cross-over SUVs -- for the rest of this year and next. Penske, which would have been the distributor but not the manufacturer of the vehicles, would have sold the cars on behalf of GM. Penske said it would find another third-party manufacturer to make new Saturns in 2011.

But negotiations with another, unnamed manufacturer fell through after an agreement was rejected by that manufacturer's board, according to Penske. According to a report in the Wall Street Journal, the manufacturer in question is Renault.

"Without that agreement, the company has determined that the risks and uncertainties related to the availability of future products prohibit the company from moving forward with this transaction," the company said in a statement.

BajaRon
10-12-2009, 09:02 AM
The story I heard up here in GM country is that Penske was unable to find a supplier for Saturn vehicles after the agreement with GM to supply Saturns was completed. :dontknow:

Hmmm.....I'll have to find the article I read with the information I posted. Until then I stand corrected.

I don't mind being wrong....as long as I don't know about it! :roflblack: