PDA

View Full Version : What's the Status of WV Spyder Riders? Still exist in any form?

chunkmonk
05-12-2022, 07:39 AM
Just wondering if this still exists in any form. I just got into spyder riding after 50 years of 2 wheeling. I've seen a few spyders on the road, so I'm wondering if you're still out in the WV area...

chunkmonk
05-13-2022, 12:09 PM
Ok. Looks like a ghost town. All the riders that did respond to other threads was (on average) like 10 years or more old. I'm guessing all the WV riders have either died off or moved to another state ? Odd because I saw a handful of them riding up 340 into Charles Town about 4 or 5 days back, and yesterday I saw a group of 3 riding North on Shepherdstown Pike... I guess they must be visitors from out-of-town... [crickets]

RayBJ
05-13-2022, 03:30 PM
Not surprisingly, only 1 other Spyder rider I've met has heard of this forum. Seems many use Fakebook groups.

ARtraveler
05-19-2022, 10:57 AM
It does seem that organized Spyder groups are few and far between. I know of none at the moment in our area.

When Spyders first came out in 2008, I tried to organize a group in AK. It ran for five rides or so...then people lost interest. We were also members of a multi brand group in those years. We were members for almost 10 years. We had up to 50 bikes on a good night.

Since moving to Arkansas (2019) we have been on a few rides with Spyderlovers we have met on site, but no organized rides. Kind of sad, since we live in a prime touring area. We can go 100 miles in any direction and pretty much have the country roads to ourselves. The scenic, good stuff, with twisties, and even a mountain to climb if we head SE.