PDA

View Full Version : PE RTS Deposit

blaquevenus
10-08-2009, 04:56 PM
Recieved a call from my local dealer today, letting me know that since BRP hasn't recieved the response anticipated with the pre-orders of the PE RT that they are offering a refund of the deposit if I decide I no longer want it after they get their demo in & I test it out.
He also stated that they will be meeting with BRP reps. next week and they may be offering other incentives, he wasn't sure, but said he would call me after they meet next week.
Anyone else get this call from their local dealer?

NancysToy
10-08-2009, 05:19 PM
Hope this doesn't spell trouble. :dontknow:

wolfshead1
10-08-2009, 06:24 PM
I almost pulled the trigger on an RS today.I am going to wait a week.I think the rebates will get larger.I hope the economy is not going to screw up the RT's release.

zeebill
10-08-2009, 09:29 PM
Dealer told me last week they tried to stick him with like 15 more units than he wanted so maybe they aren't selling too good. He said the finance charges would have eaten him alive over the winter if he took what they wanted to ship him. This economy is eating everyone alive that is in business. Like my buddy used to say no where to go but up huh? Bill

TOM T.
10-09-2009, 05:22 AM
I had the same problem when I went to order my Blue RTS. He couldn't except my deposit or order one. Brp had set very high dealer 2010 preorder limits. My dealer would not except these figures. Took him about a week to work out a more sensible deal before he could order my unit.

BumbleBee
10-09-2009, 06:07 AM
Hope this doesn't spell trouble. :dontknow:

This isn't good!!! :dontknow: I didn't get any deals :dontknow:

Jester
10-09-2009, 09:42 AM
There are a ton of Shriners and Jesters who might be interested if white or concord purple were offered. Me for one!
Cappy:joke: aka the Jester

Bersquack
10-09-2009, 10:19 AM
You cannot be that agressive in this type of economy. The network is already very thin. It would be a shame that messed things up. I understand they have expenses related to this release, but please don't make it worse.

SpyderGirl
10-09-2009, 10:20 AM
There are a ton of Shriners and Jesters who might be interested if white or concord purple were offered. Me for one!
Cappy:joke: aka the Jester

Purple would be awesome.

Questions
10-09-2009, 01:25 PM
Houston, do we have a problem? I sure hope not.

I think the economy is definitely affecting sales on grownup toys. I also can't help but think that some are worried about the 1G version of the RT and the questions of enough power. I know that concerns me. However, I will still probably purchase one once HQ gives me the ok.

BRPjunkie
10-09-2009, 01:42 PM
BRP did an amazing design/marketing job with the RT, but a few things have not gone their way (yet). The economy still is not recovered sufficiently that folks have extra money for toys or easy access to credit. While some may have found the GS price of $16,000 a sticking point, $24k - $30k will be a big hurdle for many. Also, they may have over estimated the upgrade potential from existing owners. I and most GS owners will be sitting on ours for a few more years. They also have a tough nut to crack in converting the next wave of two wheelers to three wheels especially in the very loyal Gold Wing/BMW/HD touring segment. While some current Spyder owners have come from that group, all three have very devoted fans. I agree that there is nothing like the RT on the market, but I'm sure BRP was counting on more of the above factors to align in their favor and initial slow response may have them altering their roll out strategy, especially if they try to squeeze their dealers.

Lamonster
10-09-2009, 02:18 PM
I didn't want to comment till I heard back from BRP but this is their official statement to me about the response to the RT sales and orders.

Consumer response is beyond BRP expectation, pre-orders RT Premiere Edition are as planned and that accordingly there will be no additional incentives on the PE unit.

My guess is some dealers are looking for an out for other reasons. :dontknow:

Dudley
10-09-2009, 03:17 PM
I didn't want to comment till I heard back from BRP but this is their official statement to me about the response to the RT sales and orders.

I agree with your guess. BRP needs a more loyal dealer network. They need to try and concentrate on getting dealers who are more oriented to BRP plus no more than one other brand of a non-competitive machine. Too many dealers are very multi-brand dealers who are selling Spyders just to try and pick up an extra dollar in sales. After the sale the Spyder owners are put on the back burner when it comes to issues and service, then the dealers blame BRP for any fault they have in properly serving the Spyder owners. That is a no-win for BRP and a never-win for Spyder owners.

Smylinacha
10-09-2009, 03:47 PM

Maybe some dealers are looking for an out due to where they are located? Maybe in some places not many people can afford the newer, more expensive version. I know my dealer got rid of all his Spyders when we bought ours and rather quickly but I think some dealers, whether they don't do well in general, or just don't have the population to afford the new ones, might want to rethink and/or opt out?

tatt2r
10-09-2009, 03:49 PM

That's what I thought

wolfshead1
10-09-2009, 06:33 PM
Could be because BRP wants large orders and the dealer may be a little nervous and opt's out.Don't know I am just hoping the 09 RS get a little more rebate $$$.

blaquevenus
10-10-2009, 10:00 AM
from what i understand, most costumers have my "hang-up" which is, i want to c it in person b4 i put my deposit down, so to get me baited they are offering refunds if when they get thier demo in & i change my mind.
based on the forums that i have visited, it doesn't seem that too many current owners have upgraded or that potential new owners have went toward the RT, most have order/purchased the RS, i don't believe they have recieved the response anticipated - - - dunno, i know that I am interested in purchasing the PE RTs, i just would like to c it in person b4 droppin' the $$$, maybe knowing i can get a refund will change this...

tatt2r
10-10-2009, 10:06 AM
from what i understand, most costumers have my "hang-up" which is, i want to c it in person b4 i put my deposit down, so to get me baited they are offering refunds if when they get thier demo in & i change my mind.
based on the forums that i have visited, it doesn't seem that too many current owners have upgraded or that potential new owners have went toward the RT, most have order/purchased the RS, i don't believe they have recieved the response anticipated - - - dunno, i know that I am interested in purchasing the PE RTs, i just would like to c it in person b4 droppin' the $$$, maybe knowing i can get a refund will change this...

i ordered my spyder because i saw an ad in a magazine ..... site unseen .. i didnt even get to sit on or see one for almost 8 months after i gave deposit....

Questions
10-10-2009, 01:39 PM
based on the forums that i have visited, it doesn't seem that too many current owners have upgraded or that potential new owners have went toward the RT, most have order/purchased the RS

I guess I'm the exception to this rule as I have an RT-S Premiere Edition on order and while I appreciate the current models, the riding position is a bit to aggressive for my tastes. Yes, I've owned a bunch of bikes in the past (14 to date) and have even owned a few sport bikes as well as a Goldwing. I'm coming off a Victory Vision (which IMHO) is the best touring bike I've owned to date). It's the touring aspect and the more relaxed riding position of the RT that motivated me to "gamble" on this new, yet sight unseen model.

Also, compared to other Manufacturers, BRP's Customer Support has, so far, delivered a great pre-buying experience.

I'll be the first to admit that the method that BRP used to get the word out on this new model was also a convincing factor to me. Having Lamonster and Fred (and others) report their initial findings online and in a timely manner was a very innovative marketing move. I take my hat off to the Factory for using the Internet in such a productive manner.

In terms of the Dealers...it's tough out there for anyone selling what most would consider Recreational Products these days. Let's hope that the Dealers can hang on a few more years until the economy recovers and the credit markets relax.

Electrified
10-10-2009, 01:54 PM
I saw the RT on the back of one of my mags and was immediately intrigued. My wife and I went down to our dealer and talked to our sales guy whom we have purchased 3 bikes from previously. He spoke very highly of the machine but couldn't tell us much about it. We are very interested in getting our hands on one but until we see a year on the streets and some decent color we're holding out.

NancysToy
10-10-2009, 08:38 PM
This has to be a dealer thing. Since dealers are technically prohibited from ordering the PE RT-S for the floor, some are willing to return a customer's deposit and take over the pre-order for stock. They keep you happy, and don't get in trouble with BRP.

I, too must be the exception. I was stricken by the RT. Having a second Spyder seemed extravagent, so it did delay me from putting down a deposit right away, but I caved in just a couple of weeks. I can understand people wanting to see one in person, sit on it, or even ride it first. I probably would not have ordered one sight unseen if we weren't already Spyder owners, and very happy with the breed. We are also very familiar with touring motorcycles, and knew the features we wanted. As an existing Spyder owner, I have no worries about the RT. I'm sure there are others who are adding an RT or switching from an RS, who feel the same. I also know of newcomers to the Spyder who want to wait to sit on one first. This is understandable. We did not put down a deposit on our first PE until we sat on one, but we did not ride one until ours was delivered.

In the end, it is everyone's individual choice how to handle this. I think BRP is pleased with the response so far, I know our dealer is. Our dealer is also expecting potential or current Goldwing or GW trike owners (the target audience) to likely wait until after a demo to order. One other thing to remember, many folks buying a trike or trike conversion never get to sit on one, ride one, or sometimes even see one before they have theirs in hand.

pauly1
10-11-2009, 08:26 PM
Heh, professor, I hope your purchase works out well. From what I saw, and sat on, of the RT's in Gatlinburg in Sep, I don't think you'll be disappointed. Even though I didn't ride one, the seating position for both rider and passenger are great. (Yes, I did sit on it behind SpyderDeb.) All the doo-dads, including the intercom-radio, were in handy positions.

It should have power-to-spare with 105 HP and 80+ ft*lb of torque. A 6-speed would be nice, but not necessarily with this motor. GW's have a 5-speed. There's a reason H-D went to a production 96 cu.in motor with their 6-speed - like 10 ft*lb of torque.

Like most forums, many (very) opinionated persons will make their positions known. I, for one, hope you get a lloonnnngggg run on it to try wearing the windshield out from air passing over it.

Post pic's when you pick it up so we can all see both of your smiles!;)

Wayne

NancysToy
10-11-2009, 09:15 PM
Heh, professor, I hope your purchase works out well. From what I saw, and sat on, of the RT's in Gatlinburg in Sep, I don't think you'll be disappointed. Even though I didn't ride one, the seating position for both rider and passenger are great. (Yes, I did sit on it behind SpyderDeb.) All the doo-dads, including the intercom-radio, were in handy positions.

It should have power-to-spare with 105 HP and 80+ ft*lb of torque. A 6-speed would be nice, but not necessarily with this motor. GW's have a 5-speed. There's a reason H-D went to a production 96 cu.in motor with their 6-speed - like 10 ft*lb of torque.

Like most forums, many (very) opinionated persons will make their positions known. I, for one, hope you get a lloonnnngggg run on it to try wearing the windshield out from air passing over it.

Post pic's when you pick it up so we can all see both of your smiles!;)

Wayne
Thanks for the good wishes. I have no doubt that I will be happy. I have owned well over a hundred motorcycles over the years, and most have satisfied me. I'm a pretty shrewd judge of what will work for me, with long experience as a teacher. I can count the few bikes I didn't like very well on one hand, with digits to spare. This will be my first ever new bike, though, and I'm not so sure I deserve it. That part makes me the most nervous.

All I can do right now is try to keep from getting worked up and excited too soon, and to try to make room for yet another Spyder...this will be motorcycle number 24 in the garage. If they would make one that would levitate itself over the rest of the herd when I parked it, I would be all set. :D I'll also have to share the miles with my BMW, which I am keeping, and the vintage bikes, which I also ride frequently. Gonna take some time to wear out that windshield. Haven't done it on my Beemer in 78,000 miles as yet. Must be that clean Michigan air.

G-Man
10-13-2009, 07:04 PM

As long as ours doesn't. We have a deal already and anticipate bringing home a new PE RTS come December. :yes:

lawrenc454
10-14-2009, 04:22 PM
One dealer told me the PE order goes in with accessory list (CB, XM, GPS, etc.) and they are installed at the factory and another said they install at the dealership and charge going labor rate. When you order shouldn't you be able to order the PERT with the accessories installed from the factory? :dontknow:

NancysToy
10-14-2009, 04:35 PM
One dealer told me the PE order goes in with accessory list (CB, XM, GPS, etc.) and they are installed at the factory and another said they install at the dealership and charge going labor rate. When you order shouldn't you be able to order the PERT with the accessories installed from the factory? :dontknow:
None of the other Spyder accessories, like foglights, have ever been available installed by the factory. I don't think these will, either. My dealer says they are dealer options. My pre-order certificate did not have a place to include any accessories...except the choice of transmissions. That document is what generates the authorization the factory builds the Spyder from. They do not assign certain Spyders to certain people or dealers, though, so special orders would not fit their system.

lawrenc454
10-14-2009, 10:17 PM
Thanks for the answer. Makes sense if they aren't assigning orders to a bike. :agree:

NancysToy
10-15-2009, 06:59 AM

Thanks for the answer. Makes sense if they aren't assigning orders to a bike. :agree:
Keep in mind that it is always your option to install them yourself. They do not need to be installed by the dealer, although it might not be a bad idea for the electronics stuff, especially the XM with an antenna. This is always a negotiable item at the time you order. When we got our PE Spyder GS, we got half off the labor on the foglight installation, plus it took far less time when done at the time of assembly.

Questions
10-17-2009, 02:29 PM
I hope I'm staying On-Topic with this post...so here goes:

I have a theory about aftermarket "electronic" accessories. If there's an electrical/electronic issue down the road and if you chose to save a few bucks and go with an aftermarket electronic accessory, the warranty company might blame the aftermarket items for the failure and deny the warranty repair.

Yes, Can-Am is charging top dollar for accessories such as the XM kit, CB/Intercom, etc., but if you go with the Factory accessories, as opposed to saving a few bucks with aftermarket electronic items, and a problem later occurs, then they will have little choice other than to fix the problem...on their dime.

Just my two cents (pun intended!).

In terms of the Victory Vision post above...there's few if any Dealer's demanding full price for any new bikes these days. 09 Visions have a number of incentives in place now as well as other perks such as a 5-year warranty. The 2010 Visions are just starting to show up at Dealers and other than color, there's little if any changes to the 2010 Visions. They are placing a lot of emphasis on Victory's new Cross Country and Cross Roads models.

I was an early adopter of an 08 Vision Tour Premium and it's the best all-around touring (two-wheeled) bike I've ever owned. Easy to handle in traffic and at slow speeds and a dream on the highway. I sold it in May as in my area, it's just too hot to ride (with gear) in the Summer months. My riding season is just starting and I hope to have my RT-S in my hands in time to take advantage of my area's riding season.

NancysToy
10-17-2009, 02:57 PM
I have a theory about aftermarket "electronic" accessories. If there's an electrical/electronic issue down the road and if you chose to save a few bucks and go with an aftermarket electronic accessory, the warranty company might blame the aftermarket items for the failure and deny the warranty repair.

Yes, Can-Am is charging top dollar for accessories such as the XM kit, CB/Intercom, etc., but if you go with the Factory accessories, as opposed to saving a few bucks with aftermarket electronic items, and a problem later occurs, then they will have little choice other than to fix the problem...on their dime.
By Federal law, they would have to show that the aftermarket part caused or contributed to the failure to deny a warranty claim. While that is possible with some items, and has even happened with some HID lights, it is unlikely with a comm system or GPS that does nothing more than draw power from the battery on and accessory circuit. Remember that the aftermarket units are not integrated into the controls and color display, unlike the BRP items, so there is little likelihood of interference or failure in any way.

retread
10-17-2009, 04:17 PM
The Vision Cross Country and Cross Roads according to a Victory dealer I talked to, are supply limited, (4 per dealer), and most of them are already sold.

john

Questions
10-18-2009, 08:33 AM
By Federal law, they would have to show that the aftermarket part caused or contributed to the failure to deny a warranty claim. While that is possible with some items, and has even happened with some HID lights, it is unlikely with a comm system or GPS that does nothing more than draw power from the battery on and accessory circuit. Remember that the aftermarket units are not integrated into the controls and color display, unlike the BRP items, so there is little likelihood of interference or failure in any way.

Yes, that's the Magnuson-Moss Act and it places the burden of proof on the Dealer to prove that the accessory caused the malfunction. It also places a lot of responsibility on the rider to provide all sorts of paperwork if the initial claim is denied.

However, in the real world, any Dealer can take their time and your bike/trike could end up sitting at the shop for a while during the Rider/Dealer/Factory/Warranty Company debates.

With all the electronics on bikes these days, I just find it simpler to keep a bike's accessories as "factory" as possible. This way, if there's an electric/electronic problem, there's no discussion other than, fix it...Please!

That's why when I ordered the RT-S Premiere Edition, I also ordered the "factory" add-on electronics at the time of the Spyder purchase...although I could have probably found some of the items on the aftermarket for a lower price. This way, I'll have the satisfaction that if they don't operate as promised, there's a strong chance that it can be repaired/replaced with little if no aggravation.

Questions
10-18-2009, 08:42 AM
The Vision Cross Country and Cross Roads according to a Victory dealer I talked to, are supply limited, (4 per dealer), and most of them are already sold.

john

Depending on the market, some Victory dealers have a larger allocation. It's my understanding that Victory is now accepting the pre-orders for its initial production run and these models will probably be available by the end of the year. Since the early demand as been fairly strong, it's still early enough in the process where more can be manufactured and be available by the start of the Spring riding season. (I live in South Florida and my riding season is almost opposite of most of the rest of the USA).

Victory operates differently than some of the other factories where they have "scalable" production and can change the quantities of various models produced with very short notice and react to market demand. They also allow for various models to be run on the same line at the same time. So a few Visions could be on the line followed by a few Cross Country's or other models. In the big picture, Victory is still a relatively small, albeit growing player in the two-wheeled business.

However, while the Cross Country and Cross Roads have been touring the country (via truck), there's been no rider reviews as of yet as the models on the factory tour are pre-production and can only be sat upon and admired...not started or ridden.

NancysToy
10-18-2009, 11:44 AM
Yes, that's the Magnuson-Moss Act and it places the burden of proof on the Dealer to prove that the accessory caused the malfunction. It also places a lot of responsibility on the rider to provide all sorts of paperwork if the initial claim is denied.

However, in the real world, any Dealer can take their time and your bike/trike could end up sitting at the shop for a while during the Rider/Dealer/Factory/Warranty Company debates.

With all the electronics on bikes these days, I just find it simpler to keep a bike's accessories as "factory" as possible. This way, if there's an electric/electronic problem, there's no discussion other than, fix it...Please!

That's why when I ordered the RT-S Premiere Edition, I also ordered the "factory" add-on electronics at the time of the Spyder purchase...although I could have probably found some of the items on the aftermarket for a lower price. This way, I'll have the satisfaction that if they don't operate as promised, there's a strong chance that it can be repaired/replaced with little if no aggravation.
You are correct in that it could be a pain in the neck to the owner if something went wrong. Every dealer is different in their approach. For anything that integrated with the Spyder system, I would certainly consider the factory option carefully. I'm not as worried about either the comm system or the GPS. They will both only be hooked to the Spyder via an accessory outlet, or directly to the battery. Those points are not on the CANBUS, and cannot affect the electronics.

I chose to use my own GPS and comm system. My thoughts on the GPS were that I was used to what I had and did not need one integrated to the Spyder comm system. I seldom use the audible commands, and if I do, I can plug in to my own comm system. I don't use Bluetooth. I may not even use the RT audio system, as I never have owned one before and can get music through my comms. The BRP GPS will mute their audio and comm systems, where mine will not. I don't mute the radio in my truck when the GPS gives directions, so that aspect doesn't bother me. It may be a drwback to some, however, and a good reason to choose BRP.

For the comm system there were some practical considerations. First, I have no use for the CB, since we usually ride alone and none of our club riders have CB. Second, our helmets are already set up for the Starcom1. To change would render them unusable with the systems on the other Spyder and the BMW, so we'd need new helmets. At this point it is unknown whether the BRP mike and headset would fit our choice in helmets. It looks a little difficult for full-face helmets.

If I was starting from scratch, and buying new comms or GPS anyway, or an XM system, I would certainly consider the BRP system first, despite a higher price. With my dealer, however, I would be shocked if they played the warranty card over an added accessory, so that would not really influence my decision. In the end, it is up to each customer to do what makes him comfortable. You thought about it, made an informed decision, and purchased accordingly, as did I. That is what a good consumer does.

Questions
10-18-2009, 12:57 PM
For the comm system there were some practical considerations. First, I have no use for the CB, since we usually ride alone and none of our club riders have CB. Second, our helmets are already set up for the Starcom1. To change would render them unusable with the systems on the other Spyder and the BMW, so we'd need new helmets. At this point it is unknown whether the BRP mike and headset would fit our choice in helmets. It looks a little difficult for full-face helmets.

If I was starting from scratch, and buying new comms or GPS anyway, or an XM system, I would certainly consider the BRP system first, despite a higher price. With my dealer, however, I would be shocked if they played the warranty card over an added accessory, so that would not really influence my decision. In the end, it is up to each customer to do what makes him comfortable. You thought about it, made an informed decision, and purchased accordingly, as did I. That is what a good consumer does.

Having a CB on a Touring Bike/Trike is a nice addition. Yes, if other riders in a group have it, it's an easy way to communicate. But, there are more advantages:

Communicating with Truckers heading the opposite direction to get weather info is a good thing! Also, although I'm not a speedster, knowing of upcoming speed traps is another usage of the CB.

Since this is the first time I'm dealing with this Dealer, I don't know how they treat warranty repairs and if they are easy or difficult to work with. Time will tell on that one. I felt it safer to buy only Factory add-ons...at least initially.

Having the GPS integrated into the audio system is a nice feature...a very nice feature. I had this on my previous bike and it's just a nice way to go. I am one of those who enjoys the "tunes" or even talk radio while on a trip. There have been times in the past when I've been "riding in the zone" and may have missed the exit had the GPS not interrupted the program to remind me of an upcoming exit. As a personal preference, I prefer the audio coming through the external speakers over the headset speakers as it allows me to also hear the sounds of other vehicles. Just a personal preference.

Finally, when I asked my Dealer about the BEST Extended Warranty, they attempted to steer me towards "their favorite" Interstate Warranty. Personally, I'd rather depend on the existing Spyder Dealer Network if extended warranty service is needed down the road as opposed to gambling if an out of town Dealer would accept the Interstate Warranty.

In this day and age, hearing stories about riders (all brands) having delays in warranty repair approvals is not a strange thing. Yes, not all Dealers are created equally.

While I'm sure there is another thread on that addressed this question, am I correct in "assuming" that the BEST Extended Warranty can be purchased at anytime during the initial Factory two year warranty, or does it have to be purchased upfront? If this topic has been covered, a link to that thread would be greatly appreciated.

NancysToy
10-18-2009, 02:31 PM
I love this kind of discussion, where people talk about why they bought what they did, and how it suits their needs. I think this type of conversation helps others who may be considering the same purchase. Gives them some things to think about that they might have overlooked alone.

The CB finally became more of a nuisance to me, and I haven't used one much, in years. There are some advantages, but they are a distraction to me. I think if a person uses one, the integrated system is a dandy way to go.

I personally prefer (and have) the BEST warranty. Already committed to the same for the RT. With outside warranties you may not be able to have it honored outside the dealer that sold it, or you may have to pay for repairs up front and be reimbursed. If you can live with these factors, there are some good values available. With the BEST, there is a $50 deductable, but it is otherwise as transparent as the original warranty, although there are some exclusions, as with all extended warranties. The BEST also provides road service during both the regular and extended warranties, although you may have that with your insurance or cycle club membership.

I understand the BEST can be purchased any time the original warranty is valid. There are surcharges, however, beyond 60 days after purchase or some such. I just made it part of the original bargain. Please also remember that the BEST can be purchased elsewhere, and is entered on the BRP computer system under your VIN#, so if your dealer balks, you can buy one elsewhere and he has to honor it. There was a recent thread to that effect, but I don't have the URL.

Questions
10-18-2009, 03:57 PM
Please also remember that the BEST can be purchased elsewhere, and is entered on the BRP computer system under your VIN#, so if your dealer balks, you can buy one elsewhere and he has to honor it. There was a recent thread to that effect, but I don't have the URL.

Thanks for the info. I tried searching this site to find some detailed info on the "rules" of the BEST Extended Warranty, but since that term is used in so many posts, I could use some assistance. If anyone has the link to the thread that details the BEST rules, I'd greatly appreciate it.

blaquevenus
10-18-2009, 03:58 PM
I love this kind of discussion, where people talk about why they bought what they did, and how it suits their needs. I think this type of conversation helps others who may be considering the same purchase. Gives them some things to think about that they might have overlooked alone.
:agree: I truly appreciate the discussions on this forum; after getting knowledge that a Touring model would be revealed in the fall, I decided to wait on purchasing a Spyder earlier this summer and see if the new model would better meet my needs.

8 Legged Freak
10-18-2009, 10:30 PM
Put my deposit down yesterday, PE RT-S SE5 with GPS. The dealer said they had to place an order to get them and they are accepting deposits on what they had to order. I know they said they had to order 4 RT-S 2 of each trans, probably the same for the Audio and the base model also. The sales mgr said they have sold the base models an Audio and my RT-S already. Can't wait for March to get mine or for that matter until November when they said they will have their RT-S demo. Gonna have to swipe it for a ride or three.:firstplace:

NancysToy
10-19-2009, 07:32 AM
Put my deposit down yesterday, PE RT-S SE5 with GPS. The dealer said they had to place an order to get them and they are accepting deposits on what they had to order. I know they said they had to order 4 RT-S 2 of each trans, probably the same for the Audio and the base model also. The sales mgr said they have sold the base models an Audio and my RT-S already. Can't wait for March to get mine or for that matter until November when they said they will have their RT-S demo. Gonna have to swipe it for a ride or three.:firstplace:
:congrats: Interesting comment. I wonder if it will affect when we get deliveries. Since dealers are not allowed to order PE units for stock, I wonder if some orders for PEs will be delayed or cancelled.

BumbleBee
10-19-2009, 07:45 AM
[quote=Lamonster;149631]I didn't want to comment till I heard back from BRP but this is their official statement to me about the response to the RT sales and orders.

Quote:
Consumer response is beyond BRP expectation, pre-orders RT Premiere Edition are as planned and that accordingly there will be no additional incentives on the PE unit.

Our Dealership told us the same thing on Friday.
No delays as far as we know :2thumbs:

lawrenc454
10-20-2009, 07:23 PM
I have heard two different versions of this question. Will PE units be delivered by order date from the dealer or by fulfilling across the dealers?

One dealer told me that they would be getting a large number early because of their sales volume and another told me they receive by order date and a third said they would get them by a random delivery schedule for those ordered before Dec. 5.:dontknow:

Thanks in advance and ride safe friends.

NancysToy
10-20-2009, 07:40 PM
I have heard two different versions of this question. Will PE units be delivered by order date from the dealer or by fulfilling across the dealers?

One dealer told me that they would be getting a large number early because of their sales volume and another told me they receive by order date and a third said they would get them by a random delivery schedule for those ordered before Dec. 5.:dontknow:

Thanks in advance and ride safe friends.
There didn't seem to be much rhyme or reason with the delivery of the first PEs. Doubt this will differ. They are handled by the dealer in the order they were bought there, but it appears shipments to dealers are somewhat dependent on their order volume at the time, distance from Valcourt, the transportaion available, etc. Don't expect them to be in numerical order when delivered, either. They were very scattered the first time through.