PDA

View Full Version : Rear Main Seal Leak - got a part number for the seal?

OKRyker19
05-07-2022, 08:12 AM
This is a long post but has anyone had to replace their rear main seal & have a part # for it?

Bought my 2019 600 on the 30th & after getting it home I found it was 2 qts over filled. The Cycle dealer that sold it is also a service center so I didnt think about it being an issue when they said it was serviced before I picked it up. Rode it home & we tooled around town putting just over 100 miles on it. Well next day theres a puddle & drips coming from the CVT box. Parked it till I got the XPS service kit & changed the oil on the 5th. I used a 7 qt pan & filled it just shy of 1/2 from the top. I rode it to work yesterday morning letting coworkers ride it. I moved it around the lot to wash off the mess & few hours later another puddle guessing from the mess made by the overfill slung in the CVT box. To help narrow the leak we added a UV dye to the oil & gear box. Rode it home running 75-80 & you can see faint hints of the dye in the CVT box.

DickB
05-07-2022, 09:05 AM
Look up OEM parts on cheapcycleparts.com.

OKRyker19
05-07-2022, 09:14 AM
Ive looked there & shows the block but not seals.

OKRyker19
05-07-2022, 09:58 AM
Called a service shop & his tech said its most likely coming from the gear box. I guess once I crack it open I'll know for sure