PDA

View Full Version : What’s in your Emergency Roadside trip bag?

bikerchris1270
04-30-2022, 08:12 AM
For you long distance riders out there……what’s in your Emergency Roadside Trip Bag?
One unique item I carry is a 12mm wrench so as to release the Park Brake if it decides to not work .

RayBJ
04-30-2022, 08:36 AM
Basic tools, air compressor, plug kit, Jump pack, fuses, tape, wire, backup cell phone (no sim, 911 only) Garmin InReach SatComm. For long hauls in sparse areas, 1.75 gal rotopax.

ARtraveler
04-30-2022, 10:06 AM
A cell phone, Master Card or Visa. Unfortunately, I am not a mechanic or physically able to do roadside repairs. :bowdown:

gkamer
04-30-2022, 10:27 AM
I carry a small tool kit and jumper kit. Like AR, I'm not in a position to be doing road side repairs.

Navydad
04-30-2022, 10:40 AM
Cell phone (always in the trunk), tire repair goodies, credit card, and an assortment of fuses. Regardless of the bad things we often read about the Spyder is a reliable machine. As much so as any automobile we can buy as far as I'm concerned. I have this same assortment of goodies stashed in my wifes SUV and my other bike.

Haze
04-30-2022, 11:54 AM
Hey team I agree with the suggestions listed above..
DON'T FORGET A SMALL FIRST AID KIT.

Bfromla
04-30-2022, 12:09 PM
AMA with roadside assistance has paid for itself couple times. :firstplace:Bike or car https://americanmotorcyclist.com/

gkamer
04-30-2022, 12:36 PM
This is a good topic. A lot of good suggestions. Let's not forget AAA RV/Motorcycle coverage. And as others have mentioned a credit card. I carry my debit card for routine business and one "emergency" credit card. Did I mention rain gear?

2dogs
04-30-2022, 12:37 PM
Ha, I carry the same as everyone else. I think just about everyone has broken down at least once in their life. It only takes one time........

Piratezz
04-30-2022, 12:40 PM
Same here, First Aid kit, some tools, Ducttape, some wire, mostly for another motorcyclist.. ghegheghe, If you do your maintenance in time, or listen to the machine, you can get many faults in advance.
I am all for preventive maintenance, and raingear!!, it caught me once on an old bike, got stranded, and it hosed like it raining cows....

SO I ALWAYS CARRY RAINGEAR, never needed it since.....

Woodenfish
04-30-2022, 12:45 PM
I keep a med kit, trauma pack and water. I want to be sure if anything minor happens on the road or at a site of visitation that I can mend myself for the trip back home on the Spyder.

RickWB
04-30-2022, 01:19 PM
Battery jump kit, tool to remove panel rivets, BCAA roadside assistance, tools to release emergency brake, credit cards, cell phone.

canamjhb
04-30-2022, 02:08 PM
Basic tools, first aid kit, aspirin, antihistamine, cell phone, tire repair kit including air pump, & spare bulbs and fuses. I used to include a list of dealers/repair facilities but now just use my GPS for that info if needed. All these things are in the bike all the time so nothing different for longer trips..... Jim

GeorgeXP700
04-30-2022, 02:11 PM
I’m glad you started this post, save me from starting another. In my Jeep I keep a plug kit and small air compressor. I want to do a similar thing for my tricycle. Anyone use CO2 kit instead of a compressor to save space?

Bfromla
04-30-2022, 04:46 PM
Forgot to mention those carrying jump packs: Please check charge every 3months & some can not handle storage heat temps:lecturef_smilie::sour: Good for travel, yes but don’t just store it forget it car or bike.

Isopedella
04-30-2022, 05:56 PM
Number 1. A can of fixa-flat tyre thingi, not sure what you blokes call it. 2- the oem toolkit, 3- a folding set of allens, torx and an adjustable wrench. Duct and automotive tape. Assorted zip ties. Can of Lemon Pledge for the screen and helmet cleaning and rags to do it. 2 l of water. Tyre pressure gauge. Bank / AA card in the wallet. Good to go.

barbarosa
04-30-2022, 10:41 PM
Yep, a first aid kit up to your level of using it. Most ppl just a small one. Me, a small pack in the front. Better to not need and have it than the other way.

hut1
04-30-2022, 11:41 PM
I keep most of the items mentioned above on my spyder on a daily basis. Side story: On a recent short ride (about 20-25 miles from home), the nut on my front brake linkage went awol and I found myself with no brakes.:yikes: Fortunately I was able to run a red light through a busy intersection and downshift until I coasted to a stop on the side of the road. I happened to have a small ziplock bag of assorted nuts and bolts with me and was able to make a quick roadside repair. I know we can't prepare for everything, but I'm glad I had some hardware (and a higher power) with me that day.

PistonBlown
05-01-2022, 05:58 AM
This is what I carry in mine plus small petrol stove and dried food. Have the same kit in both Spyder and ute:

May seem over the top but have needed to leave home for high ground following tsunami warnings, been stuck on the wrong side of washed out bridges and then there's the earthquakes of course so kits have been used.

Add to that an 8 litre fuel bladder, battery powered makita air pump and tire slime (the emergency one you can add after you get a puncture) and zip ties of course:-)

Also I'm a trained first aider because sooner or later if your doing long distance riding you'll come across an accident (but hopefully not be in one yourself). One weekend I came across three.

vito1943
05-01-2022, 09:29 AM
I always have rain suits for myself and my wife, plus a small first aid kit. And I keep a plastic bag with one day of my regular meds, toothbrush and toothpaste, hairbrush, plus a clean t-shirt, underwear and socks. In all my years of riding I have never had to make use of this "overnight" bag but want to be prepared. I've gone on day rides where suddenly the weather has turned so bad that riding home at that time was not feasible or safe. Waiting an hour or two at a fast food shop has always worked, but if things stayed bad and I needed to just get to a motel for the night, I can survive with what I keep in the plastic bag.