PDA

View Full Version : Kenda ...Kanine tire - what is on the sidewall?

BLUEKNIGHT911
04-27-2022, 07:46 PM
If you have one, could you look on the sidewall and see if it has " for special motorcyle use only " embossed on the side ..... thanks much ..... Mike :thumbup:

Little Blue
04-27-2022, 09:08 PM
:coffee:...I just checked my tire and it does.
For motorcycle use only is on the sidewall. ....:thumbup:

gkamer
04-27-2022, 09:10 PM
I wonder why someone would use it on something other than a motorcycle.

BLUEKNIGHT911
04-28-2022, 12:48 AM
I wonder why someone would use it on something other than a motorcycle.

It might happen because it's really an AUTO tire in disguise :roflblack: .... BRP put it there as a WARNING, not as a recommendation... even the smallest/ lightest car sold today would EXCEED the limits of that tire ..... Mike :thumbup:

Peteoz
04-28-2022, 12:55 AM
:coffee:...I just checked my tire and it does.
For motorcycle use only is on the sidewall. ....:thumbup:

Little Blue, you had better have another coffee and check again;) ……..that is incorrect information. The Kenda Kanine is definitely NOT stamped “for motorcycle use only” as you say above. If it was, the first person to mount it on their 2 wheeled motorcycle, and have it fail due to wheel incompatibilities and/or its square shape on the front wheel when cornering, would be suing BRP for all they had.

It actually says “for SPECIAL motorcycle use only”, indicating it is only for use on “special” types of motorcycle…..which research would show is a CanAm Spyder.

Pete

Little Blue
04-28-2022, 02:46 AM
Little Blue, you had better have another coffee and check again;) ……..that is incorrect information. The Kenda Kanine is definitely NOT stamped “for motorcycle use only” as you say above. If it was, the first person to mount it on their 2 wheeled motorcycle, and have it fail due to wheel incompatibilities and/or its square shape on the front wheel when cornering, would be suing BRP for all they had.

It actually says “for SPECIAL motorcycle use only”, indicating it is only for use on “special” types of motorcycle…..which research would show is a CanAm Spyder.

Pete

Sorry about that. You're correct. I looked a little more and it did.
On the tire sidewall, "For SPECIAL Motorcycle use Only".

bikerbillone
04-28-2022, 06:25 AM
Speaks volumes, huh?

Little Blue
04-28-2022, 09:21 AM
:lecturef_smilie: .....I had to replace my Rear Tire at 14,000 miles. My local Dealer would only install the BRP 'approved Kenda Tires'. So I went with the Kenda Kanine. I had it installed in May 2021. There are 3500 miles on the tire and it looks to be about 40% worn. ...:banghead:

I believe my next rear tire will definitely be sometime else. NO More Kendas for me. .....:thumbup: