PDA

View Full Version : Any comments or suggestions on B.E.S.T. ?

peterparker
04-26-2022, 03:39 PM
Been thinking about going with the BEST extended warranty mostly because of all the electronics on my new to me 2020 RTL. I've read that the major components on Spyders hold up pretty well. As far as the electronics, I've read that the parts come from China so I'm kind of hesitant to pull the trigger on a BEST. I would hate to throw away the money on a warranty that can not be supported due to lack of parts availability. And yes my factory warranty is still in effect.

Any comments or suggestions?

troop
04-26-2022, 04:02 PM
B.E.S.T. won't have any bearing on parts availability. You'll have to pay/wait either way. That said, if you have the warranty, the service may only cost you the $50 deduct versus hundred's of $$.

JayBros
04-26-2022, 04:09 PM
I purchased the B.E.S.T. extended warranty years ago for exactly the same reason you are considering it. My parking brake motor was replaced under the original factory warranty about a year after I bought the Spyder and the extended warranty expired unused. If I were to purchase another Spyder, which I have absolutely no intention of doing, I would again go the B.E.S.T. route. Shop for the lowest price.

RICZ
04-26-2022, 04:17 PM
To prevent electical problems, install a fuse block and power all electrical add-ons through that. Spyders have a canbus system that does not like to be played with.
BTW....You can get the B.E.S.T. warranty from Thomas Palmer at iMotorsports for $671. 630 529-5200

T.P.
04-26-2022, 04:46 PM
Remember $671 for 3 years of best from IMOTORSPORTS, THOMAS PALMER (630)634-8428
IMOTORSPORTS is a SPYDERLOVERS sponsor and you are a member, Tell them that.

T.P.

RayBJ
04-26-2022, 04:50 PM
If you like your dealer, ask them to match the $671 you can get from Thomas. May give you a leg up on scheduling any warranty work.

Little Blue
04-27-2022, 04:36 AM
:chat:..Let's face it. The cost of repairs is not going to go down or even go away. I purchase my BEST WARRANTY from my local Dealer. They even matched the price of the Big Dealer. $671.00 for the 3 extra years. Just ask your local Spyder Dealer and see if they want to match.

Do I think that the BRP BEST WARRANTY is a good value?
YES I DO.......:yes:

Big F
04-27-2022, 08:52 AM
my suggestion is get the BEST warranty and address the availability issue if and when it arises??? I Mototsports still has the "best" pricing on the BEST warranty but maybe your regular/local dealer might match it? Mine did.
BIG F

canamjhb
04-27-2022, 01:00 PM
I would not own a Spyder that does not have a warranty. I had occasion to use the BEST warranty 3 times for my former 2014 RTL. Each time the cost to repair exceeded the total cost for the warranty..... Jim

Beginner
05-20-2022, 04:24 PM
I have a little more time until my 1 year warranty runs out, contacted Imotorsports, still 671 for 3 years. My local dealer was saying close to 1k. Looks like they can't be beat.

gkamer
05-23-2022, 06:45 PM
Been thinking about going with the BEST extended warranty mostly because of all the electronics on my new to me 2020 RTL. I've read that the major components on Spyders hold up pretty well. As far as the electronics, I've read that the parts come from China so I'm kind of hesitant to pull the trigger on a BEST. I would hate to throw away the money on a warranty that can not be supported due to lack of parts availability. And yes my factory warranty is still in effect.

Any comments or suggestions?

I've been waiting on a part. The work order from the dealership showed it would cost me $954.00 parts/labor. But it's covered by my warranty, so its going to cost me $50.00.